Based trudeau is there a greater world leader?

Based trudeau is there a greater world leader?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.com.au/national/politics/justin-trudeau-snubs-malcolm-turnbull-in-noshow-at-apec/news-story/c8bbb948f02516894600e2141f099596
inc.com/zoe-henry/nafta-hangs-in-balance-october-2017.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

On a purely pragmatic level he is a genius politician

news.com.au/national/politics/justin-trudeau-snubs-malcolm-turnbull-in-noshow-at-apec/news-story/c8bbb948f02516894600e2141f099596
>A source close to the negotiations said there were “a lot of very angry people, a lot of very pissed off leaders” at the meeting.
>“The Canadians screwed everybody,” they said.

The eternal Leaf

INVADE NOW
N
V
A
D
E

N
O
W

>The Canadians screwed everybody

irl canadian tier posting

why do they feel they are "screwed"? did they only schemed their economic plans around his country?

wtf I love leafs now

Uh... Based?

Can any Leafs run down why he did it? I hope it is for Pro-Canadian reasons such as this "TPP-11" pact being unfavorable to them.

America leads, we follow. Fuck your sorry ass trade deal, even our faggot leader could smell a chink.

the chad trudaeu
the virgin asians

Most of the countries are big exporters. Positioning assets within Canada can help give them more favorable access to ever-lucrative US consumer market.

ive read very little on it but this is my understanding;
US bailed on the TPP, Japan cried really hard until everyone else agreed to continue with it anyway, they tried to renegotiate a new TPP without the US and Japan announced everyone had reached a core agreement but Canada said that isn't true and has now not shown up to the signing.

Wasn't Japan pissy because USA upped the tariff on steak or some shit?

TPP is useless without America

Dumping it was a mistake by Trump

It's not really a mistake. The US wants to encourage companies to move more of their supply chains to the western hemisphere to fortify their position against the eternal han, and it's working masterfully.

Is Justin Trudeau /ourguy/?

Meh, we're basically guaranteed free trade with Canada on just unlike the US Trudeau will not ignore business leaders and economists in his own country.

America gave up on their only chance to dictate terms in the pacific region when they walked away from it. It's China's market now and that means a lot for nations like Australia, New Zealand and Japan

It's not our job to absorb your exports just because you haven't been able to grow sustainable consumer markets in the 70 years since we established a global trade order.

Trade has always been about national security for the US from the beginning, and without the Soviet Union in the world, the US doesn't approach free trade as effusively as it once did. This is normal. Everyone should have seen this coming. The fact that everyone and their mom is now surprised that the US wants to engage in the same sort of protectionism that every other country on Earth routinely engages in is the baffling part.

Can't tell if troll or not

hmm

Scuttling NAFTA will have the opposite effect, corporations will move to Vietnam and Bangladesh if they'll be forced to pay tarifs anyway. Those country already dominate textiles even with NAFTA anyway.

Trump would have to raise tariffs on WTO or pull out of that organization for this style of protectionism to work (he won't, this is messing with his new buddy China) and that would only come at the cost of screwing up North American competitiveness even more in the long run.

You can't change the world's economic fundamentals on Venezuela tier policies and wishful thinking.

LEAF’D

>corporations will move to Vietnam and Bangladesh
>corporations will want to have headquarters in a communist country that is likely to nationalize them or a flooded shithole

Did you not read my post here 'Western Hemisphere' includes Mexico. And if NAFTA gets scuttled, it won't be because of the US. Canada has prior free-trade agreements with the US, so if NAFTA goes under, they can still operate mostly the same.

What will eliminating NAFTA do for Canada? Bring them back some of the manufacturing industry that relocated to Mexico with the passage of NAFTA.

Mexico and the US are actually in broad agreement about how NAFTA should work going forward. Canada is the odd man out trying to stir up shit.

The Japanese tried to scheme and backstab Trudeau by announcing an agreement early to put him in a difficult position, and he obviously took it personally.

Who said anything about headquarters, I'm talking operations. Headquarters are already going to places like Ireland or Switzerland.

Yeah, stockholders love alienating consumers and being forced into the American culture wars, that will work well long term, sure. Because people out to make a buck in global markets really give a fuck about murica first

No. No they are not.

No man, Mexico is getting screwed in the deal as well and going to lose to even cheaper manufacturers in Asia. the article I'm quoting here unironically mentions Bolivia being seen as a possible destination for some industries in Mexico if NAFTA fails, if you're going to pay tariffs anyway you might as well go where it's so much cheaper to manufacture transportation logistics basically pay for themselves.

And no, there might be not be as much minutiae in between Mexico and the US as there is with US-Canada but Trump's poison pill provisions are a deal breaker for Mexico as well, ou government is not going to accept 50% US content for our exports, punitive measures on trade imbalance or sunset clauses that doom us to live in permanent uncertainty.

I find it it very unlikely at this point that Trump will back away from getting some lopsided over the top advantage in negotiations, meaning NAFTA is very likely doomed.

inc.com/zoe-henry/nafta-hangs-in-balance-october-2017.html

We really did elect a living meme

>Who said anything about headquarters
Huh? I thought you were. Operations are already in Vietnam and Bangladesh. My shirts and bags are already "made in vietnam" and "made in Bangladesh."