i'm done with soccer
amerimutts, show me the real football

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9N0U6fHtiyY
youtube.com/watch?v=dTP0K3zM4ko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You missed it by a week
You'll have to wait until next fall

literally have no idea how you can start watching handegg if you didn't grow up watching it

mirin them full house

get an old copy of madden and play that, or just search for shit on youtube

It's a pretty simple game

the object is to move down the field. you can run or pass to do so.

you start with 4 turns (downs).
if you can move the ball 10 meters in 4 turns, you get another 4 turns (a fresh set of downs).

if you fail to move the ball 10 meters, the other team gets the ball.

run or pass the ball to the "end zone" = 7 points (6 + 1 point try)

if you dont think youll make it that far you can kick it for a field goal = 3 points

thats it, moving the ball back and forth, until the team with the highest score wins.

enjoy

this is what many people here say about americans commenting about soccer.

What affects the clock, sometimes it stops between plays until the ball is snapped and sometimes it doesnt?

If the ball is thrown and is not caught, it stops the clock until the next play. If a player runs out of bounds the clock is stopped until the next play.
College rules are slightly different.

I think Baseball is the only sport where this is valid. Altough I do enjoy watch Baseball, at least the Playoffs.

Go ask the Irish

t.

It’s a “sport” for closeted gay men as they watch big black players tackling each other and slapping each others ass, while their mom/sister/wife/gf fantasize about getting banged by bbc.there’s no culture behind, hell baseball has more culture behind it than football. its just a chance for big corporations to promote their products. There’s only a few minutes of actual play, it’s tedious to watch. Each touchdown is worth 6 points i believe as amerimutts believe more is better (hence why they have cup holders for 1 liter soda bottles and love bbc). There’s no point in watching it as it only last around 6 months, like the average marriage in the US. Overall it’s a “sport” for Americans by Americans. Your better off watching rugby.

Play Madden or 2k5. Unironically a good one to learn Sports you didn't grow up watching and playing

Blood Bowl is the superior handegg tbqh.

What did he mean by this

are you implying sports are hard to understand?

Touchdowns are worth six points because there are different methods of scoring that are valued differently.

What is the best cities in the USA for all those who hates all traditional Americans sports and hate everything popular Sports that is from the United States?

I am looking for cities in the United States, where sports that are popular in the USA, are not popular

excellent post

there must be cities in the USA, where people like sports like soccer, rugby, etc.

>Doesn't understand how a newbie can just sit down and observe a sport on TV
Handegg is not rocket science.

start with Eyeshied 21

youtube.com/watch?v=9N0U6fHtiyY

Los Angeles

And what do people like in Los Angeles?

movies

In the city of Los Angeles do they like Soccer?

>that flag

Wrong.
Grew up watching football, thinking it was shit. Got introduced to Handegg like 6 months ago and now i'm addicted

there aren't

It's really not hard. Sit down with someone and watch a couple games and explain the rules. Of course they may not get it right away but over time they will.

the devil

This so much.

Does the 2minute warning affect the clock? Sometimes after a successful catch the clock still stops. Also why would a team ever reject a penalty, is there any benefit to that?

Here's an explanation by a player from here
youtube.com/watch?v=dTP0K3zM4ko

Tried watching the superbowl but it was boring as fuck. Only 60 minutes of game time in 4 hours. The occasional cool moment but really is just shit Rugby.

I didn't like watching any sport until I was like 18

I didn't start watching soccer until I was a teenager, and I really enjoy the fuck out of it now.
>45 minute halves
>no fucking commercials or stoppages for 45 straight minutes
>teamwork and creativity ( something I like about basketball )
>low scoring game means goals are euphoric as fuck

I will say the flopping shit can fuck off though.

After watching American Football Soccer seems so gay. Yesterday literally every player in the PSG RM match was trained to be a sissy and fall on contact. Sure the the ads are annoying in the NFL but atleast the players arent acting to be hurt

I think you people are blind. You have in your mind that there's diving and any fall is a flop to you guys. Next time try to pay attention to the contact made.

>defending diving
Why dont athletes in other sports act like this then? Also sometimes its justified to fall down but flopping just to get the refs attention or a penalty is pathetic

handegg is shit, literally every other sport is better.

>handegg
>"American flag"

Why are you pretending to be from a free nation?

Real football

>Closest thing we have to gladiator fights

Watch the CFL. Its Kino football

Is this you

american football is extremely complex.

Layers upon layers of strategy going on, playbooks are hundreds of pages long.

the nfl is shit, handegg is great

i watch and played football, you don't have to know the intricacies of the sport to watch it or enjoy it. and stop pretending sports are hard, they're not, they are brainlet leisure activities

Then might as well watch paint dry. Why would you watch a sport if you don't get what's going on half the time? What are you, a woman?

If you want to be able to appreciate american football you've got to delve into them intricacies and there's really a shitton of stuff going on under the hood.

Also, american football is one of the very few sports that are more fun to watch than they are to play.

>brainlet leisure activity

If you're a lineman, maybe. Try QB.

You dont need to know anything unless youre a QB.

>What are you, a woman?
Literally the average football fan in american knows the bare minimum to follow the game. You don't have to know the intricacies of everything you come across in your life to enjoy it or understand it.
>it's not a brainlet activity
dude it's a fucking sport. it's just entertainment get off you high horse. getting an undergraduate degree in a non-meme course is way more intellectually challenging than understanding football strategy and universities are just degree mills for brainlets

Flopping shit can fuck off from just about any sport. It's annoying as fuck

not true. Linemen need to know what way they're pushing people, RBs need to know what hole to run into, TEs need to know if they're running a route or blocking etc.

A lot of Burgers [spoiler]l-like me[/spoiler] got into soccer simply by playing FIFA and getting acquainted with the rules, leagues, teams, and players. If you can get a copy of Madden in Brazil, that would probably a good way to gear up for the 2018-19 NFL season.

>If you're a lineman, maybe.
Hate to burst your bubble but offensive linemen are routinely the highest IQ members on a football. Team. QBs are a close second, of course, but offensive linemen have a million blocking schemes to memorize and have to do it even quicker than QBs. They’re generally pretty bright.
Now, you’d be right about defensive linemen who are usually roided up dumbasses who just think “Me big, me get To quarterback”

wew lad it's the same thing for Defensive lineman. Defensive lineman, while also trying to get to the QB, have the main goal of opening up holes for LBs to get to the QB or to block holes so RBs can make their route.

well you picked the perfect time to get interested in football considering there won't be any at all for 7 months

This is the average wonderlic score by position. Obviously wonderlic scores should be taken with a grain of salt, but it’s still interesting to look at.

Why would the tackles be smarter than the center? Why wouldn't the QB be the smartest of all?

Despite the eternal meme that the QB is the only cerebrally intensive position in football, the o-line has just as much intelligence requirement for blocking schemes. I don’t necessarily think one is higher than the other, but I do think that they’ll be the six smartest people on a team on average.

Quick rundown on the rules:
>teams are split in three: offense, defense and special teams
>it starts with offense of one team against defense of the other team
>switching happens when the attacking team scores or the defending team recovers the ball
>the quarterback (QB) is the most important offensive position, it's the equivalent to a #10 in soccer
>each play is called a "down"
>offense has 4 downs to advance at least 10 yards, if it does then it gets another 4 downs and needs to advance at least another 10 yards, until they get to the "end zone"
>the "O-line" defends the quarterback, the "D-line" tries to "sack" him
>the "O-line" and the "D-line" fight in the "line of scrimmage", basically big and fast guys wrestling against each other
>the ball is passed back, and the QB has the ball, he has two options: "run it" (give it to a runner, who tries to power through the defense) or throw a pass
>there are also trick plays, where the QB runs with the ball himself, or where another player throws and the QB receives
>receivers try to catch the ball, for it to be a "catch", it can't touch the ground, he has to gain full control of it, and remain within the pitch
>defenders try to "intercept" the ball (gain control of it, similar to a catch), or force an "incomplete pass" (ball goes out of bounds or touches ground, receiver can't control it)
>if the receiver catches, he can try to run or fall to the ground and end the play, running has a risk of a "fumble" (you lose the ball after having gained control of it)
>usually in the 4th down, the offense will "punt it" (kick it away) or try a field goal (worth 3 points)
>if they try something in the 4th down and fail, the other team gets to start their attack in the same spot, that's why they usually punt it
>defense can counter attack if they intercept the ball
>touch down is worth 6, just need to enter the end zone while controlling the ball, or catch it there
>things to look for: long passes being caught, gaining lots of yards

The two minute warning is only in effect in the 2nd and 4th quarters and can f go into effect after 2 minute mark depending on when the play happened. And yes for instance Rodgers will pull defenders offsides and launch a bomb for a TD so the penalty will be declined.

Handegg is great. NFL is making it shit