Is this Christopher Nolan's finest work? Excluding The Dank Meme Trilogy

Is this Christopher Nolan's finest work? Excluding The Dank Meme Trilogy.

Memento and Prestige are the only good things he's done.

This.

/thread

The one with the illusionists or escape artists. that was the good one.

and Following.

Now you see me did everything 10 times better than the prestige.

Nolan is an overrated hack, if you can make a movie so bad that even Jessie Jewberg can outact Hugh Jackedman then he's shit.

even the fucking sequel is somewhat on par with the prestige.

I unironically think TDK is a benchmark for cinema

Yes.

It's in my top 10 of greatest films ever made.

The film is all about filmaking. Creating the dream is metaphor for making movies. Creating the set and actors ect

woah...

>dank meme

It's time for you to leave now.

>memespeech

> Now you see me did everything 10 times better than the prestige.
> even the fucking sequel is somewhat on par with the prestige.

n-nice b8

Following is better, as is The Prestige.

I genuinely like everything he's done barring TDKR though.

Will Dunkirk be kino?

>even the fucking sequel is somewhat on par with the prestige.

shit i didn't know

>top 10 greatest ever films
Top 100 is up for debate
Top 50 is quite a stretch
It's not close to being top 10 friend

It's in his top 10 you hyper-autist

Inception made me drop going to the cinema altogether. I've been to the cinema maybe 4 times since I left the showing of Inception, and three of those times were because a friend bought my ticket.

I don't know exactly why, Inception has a lot of good qualities, it has great visual direction, is compelling both visually and aurally, and it has a top-tier ensemble cast, and good acting and decent writing all around (although I felt Leo was phoning it in, Inception and Shutter Island made me dislike Leo). But for some reason, between the hype, the shallow pretentiousness around Inception, and the cop-out ambiguous ending straight from a shitty Phantasm sequel, I just left the theater after Inception feeling like I was insulted somehow.

From The Dark Knight onward, I just get this feeling from Nolan films, like someone is taking a big shit on a plate, handing it to me, and somehow making me feel bad because I don't want to eat it. And I don't know why, as I said they seem to have good pieces usually, but somehow the final product as a whole just doesn't click with me at all.

Yes, easily.

The sci fi shit they do in The Prestige don'e even compare to the looney tunes shit they pull in NYSM

It was pretty good. I think people took it way too seriously and it wasn't a confusing movie at all. Not even that deep.

However, it was an original movie with a cool premise.

Considering what we get today I'd call it high-tier cinema in comparison to the endless train of capeshit.