I mean, I love the song, but it's so fucking unfitting. What were they thinking?

I mean, I love the song, but it's so fucking unfitting. What were they thinking?

youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtubedoubler.com/kOH9
youtube.com/watch?v=SFDMyiUjoWU
youtube.com/watch?v=-IJ8_Jf891k
youtu.be/akp_lSltVZA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Garbage that Sup Forumsmblr will defend no matter what

>song literally about Thor
>unfitting for a Thor movie

Would you rather they have Green Day?

how is it unfitting? its a rock and roll song and he's a comic book god warrior

>hammers of the gods
>unfitting

dude...

>there are two lines that fits, so it fits.
kys my men

what is shit in the trailer is the hammer spoiler and the final joke, they must save that for the movie, and other than the plastic look of all the weapons and armors everything looks fine

themes fit too but you just want to shit on it so whatever

its the hook
>question:
"thor lost his hammer, how will he beat bad guy without hammer"

>answer:
pay 10 dollars for a movie ticket

BUt I don't need to see how she destroy the hammer in a trailer, and isn't the first time, I think in the first part of the first movie he can't pick the hammer too

THIS FUCKING TRAILER IS ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO THE CIVILIZED WORLD

I personally just don't like this song, so in my biased opinion I agree with you m8

Well the rest is describing an epic battle happening in nordic lands, so I don't see how that doesn't fit in with the movie.

Seeing as the lyrics are literally about Norse mythology and there will be a big GoTG cameo I would say the music is about as fitting as you can get

The lyrics are not the only thing that matters, you know?

Peace and trust can win the day despite all your losing

see

Why are you such a tryhard contrarian? What do you gain from this?

Then what's unfitting about the music? Would you rather some indie folk or gangster rap playing? Does that fit the idea of Thor to you more?

I dunno, user... the entire song is about the viking age and norse invasion. Several key lines are very Thor'ish.

Are Led Zep the greatest trailer music band ever? The Immigrant Song and Kashmir show up all the time, and it's only a matter of time before Marvel or DC use Stairway.

Some Tom Bambadil

>Would you rather some indie folk or gangster rap playing
youtubedoubler.com/kOH9
mute the thor trailer

>the immigrant song
once again, disney pushing political messages

when will they FUCK OFF

This will be capekino, calling it now.

Lol, I still don't get the appeal if nigger music.

Id rather call you reddit as fuck

I wish Cate and Tessa were both my mommy

cant pick up/destory

and first one was thor vs a bunch of shield agents

this one is thor vs the hulk

>this one is thor vs the hulk

More like 5 minutes of Thor vs Hulk and then they team up to fight the real bad guys.

Hero vs Hero fights suck anyways, you know no one is going to actually win or lose.

Who's this boney guy supposed to be?
Surtur? Seems to be lacking flames.

>inb4 wonder woman

Snyder used When the Levee Breaks in Sucker Punch's trailer

>WE WERE SUPPOSED TO CIRCLEJERK DC BROS!!

probably a guardian of Hel

The fucking guns are so ridiculous. I love it.

I have no clue how they are going to fit it in the story, but goddamn even the reference is enough to keep me going.

Green Day was better than Led Zeppelin

you mad? Marvel's even going to get Trump voters to care about refugees with this movie. It's going to do Logan better than Logan did Logan.

Nah, this looks like the only good capeshit of the year

>What were they thinking?
"Guardians of the Galaxy made a lot more money than Thor 1 and 2"

Guardians of the Galaxy was a heck of a lot better movie than Thor 1 and 2 too, to be fair.

>dumb gay shitters itt
The song is perfect, eat dick losers.

Nigger.

You're so smart and cool.

At gay buttsex maybe.

>That editing

>*scratch record*
>*freeze frame*
>yep that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up here, huh?

Considering that the trailers starts with this: , and having seen enough of Taika's films to realize he loves fucking with tropes, it was probably intentional. Making a bad, cliche-filled trailer with dumb classic rock seems like exactly the kind of thing he would do as a joke.

But it's also totally possible that a trailer house cut the movie to make it as pleb-y and appealing to the Guardians of the Galaxy crowd as possible. I guess this trailer is kind of a Poe's law situation.

It's pretty hype regardless of lyrics. Don't you understand, they are going full GOTG for this one. And dare I say it's for the better?

What would you have them play over it?

The trailer was so good I stood up in my empty room and clapped at my computer screen.

Are people upset about this trailer or something? It looks better than pretty much every other Marvel movie of the last 5 years.

Considering the director and the movie has a Heavy Metal aesthetics feel to it, this might be the one out of ten Marvel movies worth watching.

I've yet to be disappointed by Waititi, desu.

Fucking loved Boy.

I'm surprised they even used it. Led Zeppelin is notoriously reluctant to let people use their music. Disney probably sent them truckloads of cash.

Hell Richard Linklater couldn't convince them to let him use this same song in School of Rock until Jack Black made this plea to them : youtube.com/watch?v=SFDMyiUjoWU

Dude, Immigrant song is literally a hymn to the glory of raiding southron shites to remind them that life is harsh up north. If anything, it tells everyone: Might makes Right give up your lives.

I think Jimmy Page is the one who deals with that stuff and lately he's been letting more movies use their songs. Oblivion had Ramble On.

Also, it's more common for trailers.

Syncs up perfectly. It was hype as fuck when Hulk came out of the gate.

youtube.com/watch?v=-IJ8_Jf891k

Anyone else had the beginning of Fury Road in mind when watching this ? This is almost copy pasted from it, the capture, the guy in chain hanging upside down, the head shaving, the aesthetic in general...

At least they copied from the best...

Just like the fight between Batman and Superman right?

God damn man. I didn't know he was the director...

Seems like such a waste since I'm 99% sure it won't be anywhere as good as his other movies.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople was fantastic man.

>What were they thinking?
do you actually listen to the lyrics user?

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land.
To fight the hordes and sing, and cry.
Valhalla, I am coming.

it's about norse mmythology

>Anyone that mentions the flaws of Marvel movies must be DChads
Wew. Why so paranoid, Marvlel?

>refers to DC fans as "DChads"
>not a shill

SAMURAI FOOL!

I've seen some wrong opinions before, but yours is the wrongest.

THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
>THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
>THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLLLLLLLLLLLE

I don't know, it just doesn't work for me. I mean the song is fine but the trailer isn't cut properly, it doesn't flow with the music the way the GoTG trailers they're clearly trying to emulate do. It's like the trailer was made with standard BRRRMMMMMMMMs and choral shit and similar and then some producer thought "Let's put it to old music, the kids think that's super keen".

>doesn't know a shit about the song that "he lieks"
>says it's unfitting
yet another DCuck BTFO

Cringe

>b-b-but it's about gods and hammers and Thor is a god who has a hammer so t-that means it's good!

Figures you're a MCUck

>realizes he got BTFO by everyone on the thread
>shits on Immigrant Song
Holy shit, new low of DCuckery

>ITT: Kid who thinks today's rap music is better than one of the most influential rock and roll bands in the world.

Nothing to see here folks

I mean the trailer, not the song, faggot.

youtu.be/akp_lSltVZA

i want to cummy on her helm

(You)

Kek

still one of my favourite trailers, a shame the movie didn't quite live up to it.

I thought it suited great and I personally think most of the marvel films have been great. Only shit ones ive seen was avengers two