letterboxd.com/film/suspiria/
letterboxd.com/film/gerorisuto/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

classic slept reporting in

who the fuck names themself slept.

letterboxd.com/machill54/

even classicer machill54 reporting in

some people might say ~8 hours of Andy Milligan is simply too much to watch in a day. Those people are right

wahoo!!!

look at this cuck

link_gorro likes to rape children

this

you use to call me on my bel fone

WHAT'S UP FAGS

I just discovered this website after ignoring it for so long. I feel overwhelmed by all the movies I've found. It's so easy to click 'add to watchlist' but every time I do that I'm basically signing a contract to hand over 2 hours of my life. I really like watching movies but i worry that this will become an addiction. I just want to see everything

watch adaptation

i will. I'll watch every movie on that list. that's the problem

but watch adaptation first

>tfw didn't watch Star Wars trailer

>tfw didnt read this post

Smoothhands? Is that you?

Smoothhands, I can't and won't make this any simpler for you.

You failed at life. You failed. When one thinks of what man is capable of, pushing himself to the limits physically, mentally and emotionally to achieve heights of success never before mentioned, your name will not be whispered in the same, reverent fashion that others have.

Nobody will remember Smoothhands. You aren't even a header or a footer in the career of someone else. Not even Letterboxd. You are nobody. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

In short, you are an enormous failure.

Smoothhands, being that you're about 45 years old and your brain has probably hard-wired itself to accept such failures by now and write off such criticism as us being "kino", really suggests that you've passed beyond the proverbial breaking-point. There's no turning back. This is your career, this is what defines you and this is what you'll defend to the end.

The abhorrent failure that is letterboxd.com/smoothhands, that is your legacy.

Maybe I'm over-reaching, however. Who knows? People CAN change. Maybe you'll read this, Smoothhands, and think long and hard about what a wasteful life you've led. Maybe you'll think, "wow. It's incredible just how abysmal and pathetic I really AM!" Maybe you'll lift some weights in the morning. Maybe you'll take a self-help class.

Maybe in a couple of years, Smoothhands, you'll have learned from your failure. I doubt it, though.

I genuinely doubt it.

I've never seen this pasta before

youtube.com/watch?v=TKfS5zVfGBc

Reminder that Égoutter le Marais is essential French viewing and if you haven't seen it you're a humongous pleb.

pic related is better

>essential French viewing
>humongous pleb
you do see what's wrong with this picture, don't you?

You're right I should just stick with American shit.

no offense but I hate you.

no offense but I hate you.

what did i do to you user

youtube.com/watch?v=7sxQryL1Tl0

child rapist

holy christ
no wonder he rapes kids

DUDE LOL HES A PEDO
fuck you idiots

calm down folsom

BTW Link here, AMA and ill make a video response

why do you fuck kids?

I know what you mean. I started using it at the beginning of last year, and ended up watching over 400 films (not including shorts).

record yourself reacting to this vid
youtube.com/watch?v=3aOl6bDNnUA

youtube.com/watch?v=G-VJAgxH8nY

tfw i have emmas down pat

>those tiny fat hands
No wonder you're a pedophile. You always imagine a kid jacking you off when you fap.

What are some good Horror movies that aren't super well known?

I've already seen most of the most recommended ones, but I've only logged 1k movies total on Letterboxed so far.

letterboxd.com/film/suspiria/
horror is for plebs though

>supporting pedophilia

That's the point user. Its a genre dominated by plebs, which makes the good material that much more impressive.

The Shining was pretty good I suppose. I think I found Persona pretty disturbing psychologically. I think slow burn existential dread is the most effective.

Jump-scare stuff like that is shit.

Hellbent
The Burning
Sleepaway Camp
Re-Animator
Hour of the Wolf
Haxan

Persona is more of a thriller than a horror imo and I think your point is entirely wrong as if you're the best retard you're still a retard but whatever floats your boat pal

Check this out, it's on youtube I think
letterboxd.com/film/gerorisuto/

>horror is for plebs though

kys embryo

Thanks bruh.

I guess you can make that argument. Maybe I should look for 'thrillers' instead, but that terms seems so low-brow.

I think there are plenty of good genre movies that are kino though. I don't think that action movies, or comedies are inherently bad, it just depends on how you approach them.

Same for horror. Black Swan is sort of another example of that. Or Lynch's movies.

>Horror? That's for plebs and retards

Comedies are also pleb as are action movies. Not one movie you mentioned so far has been a horror movie in my book though, I guess when I think horror I think slasher or monster movie whereas anything psychological i'd call a horror film.

Lynch doesn't make horror movies imo but I don't know what i'd class them as tbqh

>horror is for plebs

Name a more patrician institution

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films

Thanks for the new doggo jpg m8

what else should I post

this is literally AMA hour,

t. gorro

Pure comedies maybe.

But wouldn't you say that Grand Budapest, Fantastic Mr Fox, Birdman, Back to the Future, Chaplin, Inside Llewyn, etc are all comedic?

And movies like No Country for Old Men might not be pure action, but they're definitely action-oriented.

And making a really well executed action movie is undeniable skillful. Die Hard is extremely well made even if its not pretentious or expertly composed. Its all made for a purpose and it fulfills that purpose perfectly.

I feel like defining genres that way is like saying some writing is "better" than others.

Sure if you compare Rowling to Joyce she's shit. But if you compare Joyce, to Woolf, to Tolstoy, to Cervantes they ALL have different style, but are all great at what they seek to do.

>horror is for plebs

Going to a "career talk" with Dario Argento followed by a double feature screening of Suspiria and Opera next week. He'll probably be taking questions. Is there anything you guys would like me to ask?

>Horror, comedies and action movies? Haha, you make me laugh, that's for plebs and retards only. Someone intellectual like me has evolved past them

Dark comedies are as close as comedy can get to being 'good' but other than that a pure comedy or a pure horror film will always be shit because if you set out to make someone laugh or feel fear then you cannot make a piece of art as you're not expressing anything, you're just trying to make others express an emotion.

Same reason why oscarbait movies and hollywood movies are absolute shit, it's because they're not sincere at all. They're just there to use your emotions for their gain.

I think you should have phrased your original question better t b h as now you're just lumping in random movies that draw from a mixture of genres and telling me that despite not being of that genre, they're somehow an example of that genre not being pure plen which is as trite as your comparison between authors is

Ask him how he managed to become such a hack and keep himself as one for more than 30 years

>horror, comedies and action movies are for plebs

is that muh legs only one egg rawl man before he was gigantic?

It's a great canon list. Don't understand why people here on Sup Forums always act surprised or with some special respect to it. This is the same proper acclaimed stuff found in other places.

Previous thread:

Kill yourself

Ok fair enough.

It came across like you were defending oscar-bait or pretentious type art films, but i agree that they usually feel very inauthentic. I think using genre blends really gives that sense of sincerity and can elevate a message.

That being said, I would still argue that a movie doesn't necessarily need to have any grant message to be great. A perfectly executed action movie deserves some recognition. Even if it doesn't end up as great as something like TWBB or The Thin Red Line.

Don't be butthurt user.

>other than that a pure comedy or a pure horror film will always be shit
False
>if you set out to make someone laugh or feel fear then you cannot make a piece of art
False
>as you're not expressing anything, you're just trying to make others express an emotion
False

>Same reason why oscarbait movies and hollywood movies are absolute shit
False
>it's because they're not sincere at all
False
>They're just there to use your emotions for their gain
False

Stupid generalizations from another pretentious embryo with hot truths

wut

you shouldn't be here, if your taste is too patrician, maybe is time to go somewhere else

Your suicide. Otherwise don't post at you pedophile freak.

because it was literally made by jesus you stupid fuck

Words to the wind, eh?

*tips fedora*

you are the fedora tipper, and apparently you're also illiterate

*tips fedora again*

75 posts before this one and no sign of pic related.
For shame, lbg.
For shame.

rate me bros

What was the waitress was telling him in the end?

"Holy Rome will rise again"

france please elect le pen

>Bruce Melvin is also a far right racist
makes you think

"“I have to be leaving, but I won’t let that come between us. OK?”"

Will this year's Cannes film fest be a total shitshow like last year?

It wasn't a shitshow last year

>Dolan ironically brought shit to Cannes and won a Grand Prix
>People were losing their over Refn's film and were throwing things in the theater
>Most of the film seem forgettable and nothing really stood out
>Not a shitshow

"Sofia Coppola will steal this bit 40 years from now"

Are you referring to Lost in Translation?

somebody link me the star wars trailer i'm to lazy too google it

It's on the front page of youtube and this isn't the right place to talk about Star Wars or any capeshit for that matter

It was an okay film the jury liked a lot for whatever. Disappointing after Mommy.
Traditional theatricals from the festival. It was a divisive work.
Low-resonance films happen most years, and what also always happens are some of them among the best in any given year.

Totally not a ''shitshow'', but if you're one of those who like these hot labels...

>playing as if this general was oh-so -above capeshit and sjw wars
The place is pure garbage

>muh 2 billion dollarz
fuck star wars and fuck nerds

I liked the new Dolan desu

Weren't you there on Cannes threads last year? From the twitter feeds every people were making a big deal out of every movies being shit and walked out on them and Xavier got shit on the most yet somehow he won the Grand Prix, everyone on the thread were shocked

I'm watching pola x right now, so fucking dense

gonna give up

Live threads like that are always full of shitposters who didn't even watch anything. And the twitter feeds by critics actually on the festival( not such a big number of people) really were sperging hard about it, but that's okay.

Feel free to leave, embryo.

Been there. Usually I continue tho

There's nothing else here but embryos