JV Football

I’m a 14 year old 5’9” freshman in high school I weigh about 215 and am pretty fast for my size I’ve been planning on playing JV Football and my coach said I will probably be playing line but I’m wanting to play fullback. I bench 145(I know I need to get that up) I deadlift around 250 any tips on what to do to get into fullback playing condition

Enjoy your ban

>14
wew lad getting banned

What's your 40 time?

(Tested at home) 6.1 seconds so I’m not sure how accurate it is

>pretty fast for my size

If you're 40 time isn't 5.1 or lower then you're not fast enough for high school fullback. Anyone in a running position should have a 40 time under 5.0 in all honesty

Focus on eating and lifting. The more you squat, lunge, get your legs stronger, the faster your 40.

Enjoy your ban

6.1 is pretty slow for a 40 time but you might want to get that tested when you're at school. Like what said your 40 time should be in the low 5's or high 4's. While your size isn't bad you might be too slow for the position. If you can get your time down to like a 5.4 you could play inside LB which I thought was a way more fun position than Fullback.

Any workouts or recommendations to get my 40 speed faster I still have about 5 months

what said. Personally I would suggest some light cardio as well.

Well I’m running a mile every other day when I’m not lifting

just lift and do sprints and your strength and speed will go up naturally because you're so young. also rip in piece OP underage

I don’t get on Sup Forums much so I have no problem with a ban but thanks for the info

Don't focus just on long distance. Long distance helps but you need to throw some sprints in there as well.

it's definitely a good thing that you're not here often

Alright I’m really appreciating all this info I’m only doing the long distance to build endurance at the moment

>fat, slow manlet

Lose weight and sprint more and you may be catching balls from a 55 year old Tom Brady in a decade

that's not bad. Endurance helps so you can keep playing and sprints will help your speed along with all the other weightlifting people have suggested. I'd tell you more but I got an injury my sophomore year and had to quit for good. Nine years later and still can't walk right.

Alright thanks also great joke

Damn man that’s tough hope things can go better for me man but thanks for the advice

Protip: secure your tailpad. If that shit comes out and you land on your ass hard it's not going to be pretty. I've seen more high schoolers just not give a shit about the tailpad but it's easily one of the most important pieces of equipment.

Words of wisdom

What should I be benching by the time the season starts

>215 benching 145
have fun getting slapped around by the blacks that can squeeze you like a grape

Lol good one nobody in our division has any work ethic our school went 2-9 nobody cares about the sport all they cares about is the title