Discuss

discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/graphics/2016-olympics-usoc-return-on-investment/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_at_the_Summer_Olympics#Men
youtu.be/pnvCIdT4AJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Indians only care about cricket, but that's not an olympics sport.

Why isnt it in the Olympics? Dont a ton of commonwealth nations play it?

It's a sport in the commonwealth games.

Pretty much the only cricketing countries are: England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

its too intelligent for the olympics

I feel like most our golds are for the women’s team these days anyway. Who tf honestly cares about that.

>being a third world shithole is not conducive to winning medals

huh

The ICC has never requested for cricket to be an olympic sport. Not sure what that is though.

Maybe if India ever hosts the olympics it might be included.

the funny thing is that india isn't even number 1 in cricket

One is a country full of weak manlets and the other is a country full of mutts and descendants of slaves perfect for competing in sports

it takes too long. They don't have enough time to hold a tournament that lasts like half a week per game

>only a handful of countries give a shit about it
This is >95% of Olympic sports, doesn't really explain anything

>number 1 in test cricket
>number 1 in odi
fuck off rashid

Poverty

Wait, sports programs cost money?

too poor to afford the state sponsored doping programs

What’s Canada full of?

>rashid
wut? I was talking historically tho, Australia has 5 cricket world cups and you have 2

>but that's not an olympics sport
it isnt? LMDAO

Mutts, chinks and wide variety of brown people

Snow, and the people who are forced to play sports in it.

>test
wew lad, wake me up when it's over

Indians are low-test vegetarian soyboys.

Funny thing is 8 of those gold medals came from hockey(which also happens to be our national sport) but nobody gives a shit about hockey barring some north Indian states.Also the government spends 1/3rd of what the UK spends on training athletes for Olympics.Also also an unhealthy obsession with cricket(worth noting that we lost to a shitty Pakistan squad in the champions trophy in the finals with a squad that is arguably the best in the world right now, meaning we cant perform when it really matters)

The poor performance in Olympics can also be attributed to malnutrition on a national level.Simply put we are still a 3rd world nation which overpopulated and with a massive wealth gap .

> money
USA doesn't pay shit unless you medal, and even then, it's nothing. plus medalists pay taxes on the medal so it's a new win for the tax
don't even start you dalit.
> blaming other people for your own problems.

at least half the indians i've ever met are retarded

they're losing their best athletes to customer service of big international companies

bloomberg.com/graphics/2016-olympics-usoc-return-on-investment/
something like this could potentially boost performance^

Street shitting isn't an olympic sport.

mfw an American said you couldn’t ban guns because of something called an ammendment.

Are Americans really this thick?

they can't afford swimming pools to stat pad their medal count in india

Wow good ratio actually. I'd say even the most educated ones turn out to retarded.

>unhealthy obsession with cricket

It's a fine sport. Keep on keeping on. Do not. I repeat DO NOT forego cricket for divegrass (I've read younger Indians are gravitating toward TieKick over "old man" cricket.)

JUST

Cricket is the most popular sport in India yet isnt seen as a career opportunity or money earning path. Almost 1 in 10000 parents try to encourage their child to play sports. Other either pursue engineering or medicine. Parents wont be happy if they see their child not earning in 6 figures in any field. Olympics isnt even considered while playing sports in India.

unfortunately this.

it's too long

even the shortest memest format is probably too long, and that's not considered proper cricket by most nations

funny thing is even if cricket was an olympic sport the likelihood is india probably wouldn't win it anyway.

With current squad and given the state of other teams I'd say we have a decent chance.Assuming it's a 50/20 overs match.Test is the white man's game tho.

>Test
Nope
>ODI/T20
Possible

Wow, they are bad. Mexico is mocked like hell in this place but India has 10 times the population yet less medals.

LMAO
implying anyone cares about POOlympics

implying olympics should have team sports at all

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_at_the_Summer_Olympics#Men

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>8th largest country in the world by population
Discuss

>france

What happened

The millions of South Asians in the west are just as shit as sport though.

America doesn't even have an Olympic committee and still wins.

Don't forget all of the countries that make up the West Indies

> have one thousand millions
> call it a billion

nothing
we found out the level of faggotery in this sport is so high, we stopped trying (as usual)

I bet the gold and silver medals got shit on them so they might as well be bronze

>163 million people
wtf, you never hear anything about bangladesh

1.3 billion indians too busy pooing in the loo and raping women on busses to do sports. The other 24 million are stil indians but thats the true population in india that isnt retarded poor and/or homeless

Too busy being killed by hurricanes

>Bangladesh is a country
Wew

and sexual deviants
but thats around 100%
not half

Only because DESIGNATED SHITTING STREETS isn't an Olympic event.

no its a borough of east london

they spend more time watching man united than actually exercising

Indians are only good at shitting on the streets

Also
You live in fucking Latvia, do you even have good plumbing?

These guys are at literally every home game

Shiting on streets isn’t a sport

I see autistic indian student in australia infects threads outside of /cric/

>plus medalists pay taxes on the medal so it's a new win for the tax
The one good thing Obongo did was sign legislation exempting that.

>t. Mohammed ibn Landan

rent free

Why are ALL Asians obsessed with their children making a shit gazillion dollars and nothing else? Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Koreans... why is it that money is the only things you soulless rice niggers want to obtain in life? That and, of course, bobs and vagines.

Third world countries that had emerging economies would probably have this culture. Also, has a lot to do with the order of things now. Best way to survive as a culture/country would be to bend over for western nations and be their outsourced labour for a century or so. All the bullshit about Eastern philosophy being less "materialist" or being more "free" is that, bullshit. Buddhism heavily enforces hierarchy and submitting yourself to a shit pleb life of work.

What is astounding is how in a billion people can't produce an elite athlete at any field. Like, even starving African countries can produce runners and Brazil has a sailing medalist when there is zero incentive and a tiny fraction of the population practice with a little bit of regularity.

I heard there's an awful culture there for sports. Some olympic-level squash player was threatened she'd get raped and killed for showing her legs playing or something... might have been Afghanistan, not too sure though.

youtu.be/pnvCIdT4AJ4

>PER CAP--
Wait, what?

How is hockey your national sport? You don't have any ice.

El americano

Hockey is played on grass/astroturf, dweeb.

A
HUNDRED
AND
SIXTY
THREE
(163)
MILLION
PEOPLE

ZERO
MEDALS

WEW

Indians/Pakis are the most physically inferior men on earth. I thought this was common knowledge.

I actually think its cool to not have a sporting culture, or give a shit about athletics. This, in theory, should make education the prime focus. The problem with India is that the population is just impossibly large and poor. Even if the government massively overhauls the economy, it won't be able to solve anything for another 100/200 years. On top of that, you have the Muslim vs Hindi issue. The Chinese were smart in implementing 1-child laws and completely centralizing their government.

>American education

They aren't even good at horseback riding and the stereotype fits the desired physique (hungry manlet skelly)

India literally has an asshole on their flag

if they're cute I care

they worship the cows and toilets and ate all the horses and shit in the streets

No.
Have you even seen winter? Let alone a winter sport?

>North American education

>based buddha's chakra
>muh pooper

Field hockey is hockey the way American football is football.

Hockey and furpuck

You lost control of your biggest colony to a bunch of farmers and carpenters. Nice "empire" bud

Field hockey is a girls sport

Indians would win gold in street shitting

Except field hockey is more relevant internationally so it's the other way around.

Wew, you're about the hundredth person to make that same joke in this thread. Well done.

at least I don't shit on the streets

and? you're probably the billionth pajeet to shit on Commonwealth ground