ITT: movies Sup Forums memed you into watching i only got 40mins into this it was so fucking boring

ITT: movies Sup Forums memed you into watching i only got 40mins into this it was so fucking boring

Other urls found in this thread:

9anime.to/watch/ghost-in-the-shell-2015-dub.l3n3/m2r1n7
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBc-VCWos2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pic related

> fucking boring

That's probably because you didn't understand it which makes you a pleb.

>watching anime
>ever
It's all trash. A medium exclusively for freaks.

Texhnolyze was nice

If you're not 16 anymore it's going to be boring, every "deep" philosophical thing it throws at you are only poignant at that age

So I shouldn't watch EoE movie & series at 20?

Yes they're great and I barely watched any anime before that. If you take your self to seriously like these plebs you might not be able to get into it. Watch Japanese with Subs. The dub is cronge.

wrong

will the english dub affect my enjoyment?

it's on the starz app but it's english only

ghost in the shell its a good movie, but yes, he's right, its boring

The dub is good.

Yes

Stay mad weeb

> politics and technology issues and how they effect each other
> artificial intelligence
> deals with philosophy about what it means to be human in an age where human consciousness can be copied and stored in 1s and 0s

>boring

pleb

Yeah. The dub is pretty bad.
Anime is one of the most easy things to pirate.

Everytime someone uses boring to describe a sucessfull movie I know a pleb is talking.

No it's not... it's so thematically and visually dense. Only if you were blind and deaf could you find it boring. The pacing is perfectly suited to the atmosphere of the movie.

>How to rip off Bladerunner the movie.

fucking neck yourself you pleb this kino is GOAT anime
the soundtrack alone is worth the watch

Animation is the art of bringing life to inanimate shapes and figures on a page. Taken as the sum of their parts, none of the shapes that make up characters by Chuck Jones, or Osamu Tezuka, or John Kricfalusi seem like much, but put them through a few basic principles of animation and they seem more lively and empathetic than you or me.

The approach taken by the Ghost in the Shell movie kind of seems like the opposite. Realistic figures that could be called a human, are made to move and act flatly, awkwardly, in all the wrong places. A large chunk of the time they are rotoscoped, poorly. A direction which makes no sense in anime, a medium that can be exaggerated and stretched and symbolic and meaningless. Ghost in the Shell takes these figures and removes any character they might have, makes them less than human. Ghost in the Shell calls this realism.

Paired with this desire to be realistic is a desire to be "mature". The film's idea of maturity being tits, guns, and grimaces. The full extent of the protagonist's character, is that she is a grimacing girl with a gun, her tits out, and robotic powers, all of these are fully apparent on the cover box art. The city this takes place in, which could have been an imaginative, sprawling Cyperpunk dystopia, seems more like Cleveland, Ohio at it's most dreary and dilapidated.

The premise behind this story feels more like the opening text crawl to the Phantom Menace than anything else. We're given little reason to care why these characters are shooting at each other beyond some in universe jargon and tired, "intelligent" tropes of transhumanism and hollywood hacking we're just expected to go with. I don't mind a world full of terminology and vague plotlines, one of my favorite Anime is Serial Experiments Lain, but at least there we have a world and a thematic landscape worth getting lost in, here we just have what could be a fanfiction of a fanfiction of a reboot of a rip-off.

tl;dr: 1/5 at best

>will the english dub affect my enjoyment?
no not at all. the VA is rreally good and the same actors are in everything other than 1 or 2 seasons where the majors VA changed

use this site
9anime.to/watch/ghost-in-the-shell-2015-dub.l3n3/m2r1n7

original GITS english dub is one of the better anime dubs out there. It's up there with Akira, FLCL, Bebop, and Mononoke levels of quality. Sub is always better on everything though, except Getter Robo which I think the dub is just as good because intentional campcheeze.

Commit suicide then kill yourself

Alright I've got a question about this scene. In the comments of a review for the remake some guy complained that the scene where her arm gets torn off was horrible in comparison because it didn't have the orgasm imagery of the original. I've only seen the remake, but nothing seems orgasmic about either one.

Was the comment guy being a pretentious edgelord or is there actually supposed to be NGE-esque sex symbolism stuff in GitS that they cut from the American version?

>it was so fucking boring
go back to minecraft

Just pirate it if have already paid for it

lol, sure, mr brainlet. I'm to dum 2 understand some shitty weebshit

there isn't supposed to be sexual connitations at all, that guy is just a retard.
the major is naked because she is a cyborg with a ghost, she does not identify herself as a sexual being at all and she needs to be naked because that is how her stealth camo works.
Of course in this remake they have not gave her nipples though idk why.

This scene isn't sexual at all, it is more to show that she is willing to go to whatever lengths to find out what is happening with the puppet master as she is questioning herself as a person/thing and he has the answers.

There's not really a sexual element... it's just the climax that punches you in the gut that she is not a flesh and blood human.

All of the action sequences in 1995 movie are choreographed like this with a deliberate beat and impact to them.

Stay mad weeb

Thanks I figured the guy had no idea. I thought the remake was cool and I loved Major's identity crisis subplot, but the main plot was just a complete mess and while the action was great I could barely follow who was on what side.
Will I like the original?

>Boring
Go watch the latest Transformers pleb, that is probably more your style

Fair enough, you have to be in the mood for it. If you are ever feeling mellow and can focus on dense dialogue, watch it.
Your Name is amazing, try some new stuff that isn't OVA or Miyazaki
GITS english dub are ok, they keep the same voice cast for GITS 2 and the SoC I & II

Only if you're a weaboo

it was good when it was called BLADE FUCKING RUNNER

>not watching the Abridged version
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBc-VCWos2Y

>the visuals and music are good so the movie is good even though everything else is boring
I bet you like Zack Snyder films

>Will I like the original?
if you don't like anime probably not.
Though I'm not a fan of amine, I didn't even like akira though the original GitS is one of my top kino. It gives me a certain feeling of bleak cyberpunk feels when watching it.

I read the synopsis for this new live action flick and it is a mess. looks like they have focused on scarjew and butchered every story plot of the franchise and mixed half of bits of the plots in one another.
Basically they did the same treatment they do to vidya flicks and fuck it up.
A 1:1 scene remake would have been kino.

>everything else is boring
I bet you have a short attention span and only watch micheal bay movies

All that is in books I read before 10 so... lame.

ghost in the shell is boring crap(mostly dialogue). for excitement just watch total recall instead

Just saw this scene in the live action version. I can't take Scarlett Johansson seriously as the major. Watching her rip the top off was pretty funny.

The dub is good

paul verhoeven should have directed the live action ghost in the shell. he would have done it right

probably should go back to watching capeshit instead, op. GitS might be too... intellectual for you.

Pulp Fiction, that movie was trash.

2001 space odyssey

boring trash. long periods of nothing happening. your mind ends up wandering due to boredom. why anyone thinks this is a masterpiece is beyond me.

>apocalypse now

i can't relate with any of the characters. i think you have to be a miliary fag to like this movie

>mulholland dr

second half was garbage. very disappointing
very long boring singing scene with some mexican lady. fuck david lynch btw. overrated director

>goldfinger

most overrated bond film of all time.
you can tell someone hasn't seen all the bond films when they say that piece of shit is their favorite bond film

>mind ends up wandering due to boredom
this is just proof that you are a child like retard
low attention span

>can't relate with any of the characters
you are not supposed to, it is quite a surrealist film, the mission is all that matters, you are supposed to see the main char go down a similar road of loosing his marbles as brando did.

take some Ritalin faggot

i loved the part in blade runner when the emergent AI had an existential crisis over it's inability to reproduce... oh wait...

weeb robo waifu cant make babies? :(

It messed up the audio, also the Japanese actors seemed more serious and into the characters.