Black receive longer prison sentences

My liberal friend just pulled this article out on me regarding racism:

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002

What should I tell him

Other urls found in this thread:

amren.com/features/2014/05/confessions-of-a-public-defender/
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002
huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/men-women-prison-sentence-length-gender-gap_n_1874742.html
law.upenn.edu/live/news/2170-new-study-by-professor-david-s-abrams-confirms#.V41O4_T3bCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KIpcxy9M1pw
lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/no-evidence-of-racial-discrimination-in-criminal-justice-processing-results-from-the-national-longitudinal-study-of-adolescent-health.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

blacks are less likely to work with their lawyer and accept plea deals?

The statistic is skewed because longer sentences are handed to repeat offenders.

[smacks lips behind bars]

Blacks are more likely to piss off the judge by doing stupid shit like denying the crime after pleading guilty, uncontrolled verbal outbursts and abuse, and violent tantrums and attacks. A pissed off judge sentences you to a longer term. Yet this stuff can't be measured with statistics.

I skimmed the article and found nothing concrete on the arrest records of the people they talk about. A person who has prior arrests and prior convictions will receive a harsher punishment.

Also, I remember reading an article written by a public defender where he talks about how a lot of blacks refuse to take a plea deal and expect to be cleared of all guilt. They also lie to their public defenders and make their jobs more difficult. I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about

repeat offenders get longer sentences

Your friend probably got this from that retarded Hank Green video, didn't he?

Tell him that institutional racism within the American Prison-Industrial complex is well documented and that he can find a myriad of better sources than the WSJ in his college's library system or through a free academic database like JSTOR.

You should go back to Sup Forums faggot.

Don't change your views and beliefs if you don't even know about them.

> Black people are violent animals!
> I have no facts I just hear it on 4chins
Average American intellect.
KYS FAGGOT

These. Recidivism is a motherfucker and they don't work with the public defenders well.

>WSJ
>SJW

coincidence?

I remember that article. One could argue that it's satire because there's no concrete proof to it but at the end of the day its still the truth.

Don't commit crime, no prison

sentences are determined by many factors, including past sentences.

since blacks have higher chances of committing crimes, they have higher arrests, and higher frequency of repeated offenders, increasing the overall length of sentences.

Gee it's not like sentences are fucking statutory with minimums and maximums or anything

Found it

>wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002
Can't find the source in there so it's probably bullshit you betcha.

More likely to be repeat offenders.

wtf I hate white people now

#BLM

>having a liberal friend
>not surrounding yourself with likeminded people

Get off this board REEEEEEEEEEE

Black commit more crime, are more likely to commit a severe crime as well as more likely to be a repeat offender.

>P-please give me some more false shit to spew infront of my friends so they can see how contrarian I am Sup Forums

Send him this.

Ask him if he thinks there's institutional sexism against men.

huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/men-women-prison-sentence-length-gender-gap_n_1874742.html

These things are correct. Here is an image for you to link him.

Blacks are usually habitual offenders, that's why they get handed a longer sentence.

>help me win argument against liberal

LMAOing@your life

law.upenn.edu/live/news/2170-new-study-by-professor-david-s-abrams-confirms#.V41O4_T3bCQ

He just gave me this article to back up his first one

It was the judges all along. Somebody tell BLM.

Have read articles by lawyers confirming this.

biased judges biased juries

how can they hold out when racist society expects them to fail, wants them to fail to protect their white egos and status quo

Tell him you don't acknowledge kike sources due to their habitual lying and fraud.

walk through the southside of chicago right now. dare you, faggot.

the more previous arrests the more time youll get even for simple shit like driving without a license or insurance.

if you get into a fight and its the only time youve been charged with something then plan on some probation. maybe even court supervision to keep it off your record. especially if there were no major injuries.

keep getting into fights and the judge is gonna put your ass in jail.

also, niggers dont work with their public defenders at all. theyll try to offer the state deals that are way to lenient and the state will tell them to fuck off, no deal now.

i just got out of cook county jail for some old shit that needed to be taken care of from years ago. this is exactly what they do.

one dude was fighting a murder charge and he wouldnt take a deal even though he would be facing life in prison, no parole. the cops found the gun on him and his dna at the scene and he was saying the state offered 40 years and he told them he wanted 20 or some shit.

fucking apes.

Most black people have prior arrests.
So let's look at it this way.

White dude with no priors sentenced for domestic violence.
Black dude with lots of priors sentenced for domestic violence.

Judge should look at white dude and say "well this is odd, and hopefully a one time thing. Stop being a cunt" and give him probation

Judge looks at black dude "holy shit you just won't stop getting in trouble" and he sentences him to a year in jail.

Fact: violent crimes classified the same come in varying degrees of nature.

Fact: Courts that see a history of more violent crimes will give out longer sentences

Fact: Harsher punishments are most always pressured from the public who voted for the guy who appoints tougher judges.

Fact: The public judges crime based on how media informs them.

Fact: Media will not inform unless they know for sure the story will gain them more of an audience.

Fact: The public will give interest to a story if it does not serve thier predispositions and prejudices

FACT: MEDIA IS MADE UP ALSO OF THESE KINDS OF PEOPLE.

And that is why this country is going crazy.

View the evidence and weep, libcucks
youtube.com/watch?v=KIpcxy9M1pw

deport criminals to isreal

lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/no-evidence-of-racial-discrimination-in-criminal-justice-processing-results-from-the-national-longitudinal-study-of-adolescent-health.pdf

3 strikes

This is a good way to get him on the defensive. Throw down your points about repeat offenders and what not and then throw him on the defensive by asking this.

How bad does it have to get for the blacks before they leave? All they do is complain about how we don't give them enough money for doing nothing, we give them poor test and IQ scores, we hunt them like animals, deny their rights...and still, for some reason, they stay here. Wouldn't it make sense to escape hell on earth if it was possible?

this
they honestly seem to all believe they really dindu nuffen

good

Niggers usually have previous arrests. Also when they commit crimes they like to carry drugs on them so they can get multiple charges at once.

This. I remember reading an article by a public defender and he basically said the blacks would stonewall him, thinking he was working with the court to fuck them over, leading to them getting fucked over because they wouldn't cooperate with the lawyer.

>wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002
Well, the article didn't mention controlling for prior history.

My understanding is that once you control for prior history the effect goes away, and that blacks actually get lighter sentences than whites (when both have no prior offenses). Of course, all of this is on average.

No. Plea deals are by and large a terrible aspect of the US criminal justice system. See Stephanos Bibas "Machinery of Criminal Justice." Its across all races. public defenders and prosecutors like moving cases. They come in, see you, and just say "plead guilty you can get a year sentence be out in 3 months, go to court and you'll probably lose and get 20 years." Not an exact quote, but something like that. Blacks and the poor are more likely to accept plea deals. its the opposite of what you say.

They know they have it good here, they will never leave. They just put up the "muh oppression" act because they know spineless liberals will bend over backwards for them

Blacks only recognize strength. They smell weakness and they won't give up the opportunity for gibs

You should hear how they talk about Africans lol(I lived in a ghetto so I know), they know Africa is a shithole and would never willingly leave the US

>Racial Gap in Men's Sentencing
i think the gender gap in sentencing is far more important issue to address

Blacks are more likely to be repeat offenders? They're less likely to express genuine remorse and issue an apology? They're more likely to have multiple offenses rolled up into one charge because Blacks primarily live in urban areas with backlogged court systems, so the sentencing reflects this discrepancy?