What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2-nqsycHpPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Action hero movie fans are too fucking dumb for meta humor.

>tfw they don't make kino like this anymore

Didn't help going up against JURASSIC PARK

absolutely fucking nothing.

Its a great mix of whimsical Spielberg-esque family movie, action-parody and action-movie.

Too ahead of it's time

I enjoyed it a lot as a kid but that's mainly because I could really empathize with the main kid even though most thought he was annoying.

the problem was the attempt at meta in the first place.

this flick would have been an absolute god-tier parody if it just was the JACK SLATER MOVIE and completely cut out everything involving the kid and the gay magic ticket and just all that shit.

You are exactly the kind of person who that poster was referring to. What's the next step of your master plan?

Something must've gone wrong, it did pretty poorly at the box office.

america couldnt handle the meta banter at the time.

I loved it.

Especially his hot daughter in the stomper truck

Tried to compete against Jurassic Park

When is the last time you've seen the movie? Go watch it again and tell me I'm wrong.

nothing it's pure kino

Americans are too stupid to understand non-toilet humor. Still can't make comedies better than Zucker jews.

This.

>In an A&E biography of Schwarzenegger, the actor (who was also the film's executive producer) says that the film could have done better if not for bad timing, since it came out a week after Jurassic Park which went on to break box office records as the top-grossing film of all time.
>Schwarzenegger states that he tried to persuade his co producers to postpone the film's June 18 release in the United States by four weeks, but they turned a deaf ear on the grounds that the movie would have lost millions of dollars in revenue for every weekend of the summer it ended up missing, also fearing that delaying the release would create negative publicity; he told the authors of Hit And Run that, while everyone involved with the production had given their best effort, their attempt to appeal to both action and comedy fans resulted in a film that appealed to neither audience and ultimately succumbed to heavy competition.

every kino gets it's day in the sun, but not always in the dog days of summer

What a retarded fucking post

Fuck off Doug.

i love how triggered Sup Forums is by this movie

this movie deserves meme status imo

I rewatched it just few months ago.

Absolutely nothing.

I'm surprised to hear it did poorly.

I truly miss 80s and early 90s.

kys

>saw in theaters
>enjoyed it for the most part
>saw NC review of it
>nitpicky faggot couldn't even understand the subtleties of the movie and yet calls himself a film critic

it made its money back and probably sold a shitload of DVDs

Beyond the odd knowing wink here and there meta humour is the absolute pits. Only plebs like it.

I did Arnie drop so far off ever since this movie? He was literally the last action hero.

>what is True Lies

Nothing, it's apparently just 2deep4u for Americans to enjoy.

fpbp

What would have happened if Jack died in the real world? What hapened in the movie with the villain dying in the real world?

IT DOESNT MAKE ANY FUCKING SENSE.

but no, it's a pretty good movie, it's a little slow at times, but it's pretty damn good.

You where born
this is one of the best action comedies of all time

Americans are idiots who like schlock
Making fun of schlock hurt their little minds

I fucking love everything about this movie, so nothing went wrong for me

I love everything about it but the kid. Fuck that kid, holy shit is he awful in every single way.

Holy fuck I hope your dead by the time this thread archives
Fuck you seriously
Retard
Checkem

>checkem

Well fuck me

I used to love watching this movie when I was a kid, good times.

Nothing at all. It's funny, has some incredible action scenes and set pieces, and a script that's almost as quotable as Predator.
'Critics' decided it was shit though, and the public went blindly along.

It was Arnold kino

If god was a villain...

Absolutely nothing. If that came out today it would be better than 99% of the bullshit we are seeing now

Nothing, it's pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=2-nqsycHpPo