Is it me or is Finn the most emasculating role for a black actor to have in science fiction?

Is it me or is Finn the most emasculating role for a black actor to have in science fiction?

>Be advertised as a stormtrooper that becomes a heroic jedi
>End up being a cowardly friendzoned black guy who gets his ass beat and needs to be saved by a skinny white chick

Why are racists complaining about this character, he's pathetic. Why are progressives applauding this character when he's like a younger more incompetent Falcon or War Machine.

Relax, bub. Go outside for a little while.It'll be good for you.

>becomes a heroic jedi
Are you autistic? Using a lightsaber doesn't make you a jedi. Is Han a jedi for using one in Episode V?

Progressives literally don't care or even think about the context, as long as there's a black face on the screen. They also consider white women to be "oppressed" so it's okay for him to be upstaged by one. If Rey was male there would have been serious outrage.

Damn boy

You sure are salty

Stay mad ;)

>Finn holding a lightsaber.

Will Finn also visit the Force Tree?

>character doesnt like the fighting
>is upset seeing both civilians and fellow troopers killed
>10 minutes later
>is killing a bunch of his fellow troopers
>is laughing and joking while doing it

Such good writing, such a complex character

>Why are progressives applauding this character
Because literally nobody wants blacks to be anything other than sidekicks

You're forgetting
>He's known these people his whole life. They are literally his only connection to the world.

And that scene where he shoves a lightsaber through the heart of a trooper is especially brutal. Clearly these people know him and he knows them. That's why one of the trooper calls him a traitor. He knows exactly who Finn is without his armor. He knows all of these people and he murders them with glee.

I'm not mad, I just find it hilarious that people think that Finn is awesome.

The mainstream media and banks are threatened by masculine black men. They feel threatened by the riots and BLM.

HAHAHAHAHA

They took that Iconic SW Poster and used a part of it (the shinny light in the shape of a star at the base of Luke's saber) as a main plot point of the origin of the Force and the Jedi.

I have no face for such shenanigans.

Blacks are people too, it's humanizing to make a character with flaws.

don't forget, he's a garbage boy lmao.

a piece of information we were told in the movie's third act. very amateurish writing.

This is the only post that needed to be made.
But shitposting is more fun than just being succinct and reasonable.

>Blacks are people
Stopped reading right there. Thats were your wrong.

>Why are racists complaining about this character

because it's the >have a black character or else

You'd think that though his own experiences, he would be more sympathetic toward them, knowing that they're also kids who were abducted and brainwashed. His motivation should probably me more along the lines of wanting to free them from their brainwashing, rather than just killing them.

>knowing that they're also kids who were abducted and brainwashed.

Really good point. I hadn't thought of that.

This thing just keeps getting worse the more you keep digging.

Race discussions are fucking numb

If you treat someone with respect, they will treat you back with it. But thats not the same as open all boarders.

TOO COMPLEX FOR A KID'S MOVIE

>don't make a big deal of having a black guy in SW before the movie comes out
>people don't have a problem with Finn

>make a big deal of it
>put down Lando to make an even bigger deal of having a black guy in the movie
>SW fans are mad
>SJW can cry racism if you have a problem with that approach to the film's adveritsement
>/po/ gets ammunitions out of the forced publicity of the diversity

Feminists made this movie and they thought they could get extra points by casting a black male for the male lead but in reality he is still just a bumbling sidekick for the competent white female.

Its pathetic how liberals are just as bad as racists sometimes

I think there's like two more Star Wars films, not including the spin off films. He's got more films in which he's character is going to continue to grow into becoming a more capable rebel/jedi guy fighting against the Empire.

Yeah he seems like a Jar Jar Binks character. It's really boring that you never got to see his life in the First Order.

Personally I'm complaining because he's an ugly cunt and I don't want to have to look at him for hours.

>Bub?

What are you, one of those fucking Wolverine fanboys who believes that The White Guy... Oh shit, I meant to say The Wolverine. Are you one of those fucking Wolverine fanboys who believes that The Wolverine needs more than half a dozen X-Men and solo Wolverine films in which to flesh out his character while all the other X-Men end up as supporting characters who do nothing but serve the lead Wolverine character?

Fucking drink hard liquor and smoke cigars like Wolverine does, it'll be good for you.

>If you treat someone with respect, they will treat you back with it.
That's untrue. You can't just be nice to people you have to also be better than them otherwise they will shit on you.

Yeah keep talking when you look like an average Sup Forums user.

How dare you user. I'll have you know I look much, much worse than average.

Finn ended up being my favorite character. I thought I would hate him but I ended up the opposite.

Being nice to people is not the same thing as behaving with respectable manors

Now you're just acting dense.

maybe they hit a deadend in the plot and needed to watch the movie to know what to do next

he really has no redeeming qualities

>shit acting
>famblud accent
>no physique
>legit gorilla face
>supposed to be the comic relief but isn't even funny

if you're gonna put a black token in the film, get a better one

>>End up being a cowardly friendzoned black guy who gets his ass beat
Yeah he was such a coward going up against a Sith with no Force precog or anything to help him

He was the garbage kid. He was probably bullied mercilessly by his peers. This was Finn's high school revenge fantasy come to life.

Jews should have picked a charismatic and handsome mulatto to try and embarrass whites, instead of this ape faced awkward creep.

i never looked at it like that

HAHAHA YES FUCK NIGGERS, TAKE THAT KEK SJWS HAHAHA FUCK YOUUUUU

Go back to Sup Forums faggot.

He only did that for some ass. That was the extent of his character. Comic relief coward who totally wants to bang Rey more than anything else.

Finn was the most likable character, pretty much carried the whole movie singlehanded. Pilot guy didn't get enough screentime and fuck Rey's mopey bullshit.

You know that symbol has been used since the prequels, right?

He was advertised as if he would be a Jedi you stupid fuck. Learn to read.

>cowardly

He goes into a place he's terrified of to save his friend. He squares off with a lightsaber against a trained force user.

Finn is great

You're right.

I guess I'll change my HAHAHA to a hahaha then

hahaha

He doesn't like gunning down a village of noncombatants.

Pay attention to movies when you watch them.

But the stormtrooper died in front of him and got blood on his helmet which was what actually caused him to change