Was trainspotting 2 kino? I can't decide if it was trash or has some profound lessons in there

Was trainspotting 2 kino? I can't decide if it was trash or has some profound lessons in there

YOU HAD CONTROL OF THE SHIP THE ENTIRE TIME! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ANYBODY?

That choose life scene was cringeworthy fucking fan service

this

Other than that it was a good film. The intended audience was Scottish/British people though

The things I'd do for a final season.

i liked how begbie did right by his family and left and then was his usual cunt self to the others

Trainspotting was always my favorite movie since I was like 13 and after seeing this it hurt a little from how bland it was. Hardly brought anything new to the table and the story was almost non-existent, which is the most important thing of the first one.
At least there's a happy ending.

CHOOSE PLEB
CHOOSE CASHGRAB

Care to elaborate on why you thought it was "bland" or why the story was "non-existant"?

I thought it provided a neat little story. Begbies character was brilliant.

There was clear themes of nostalgia, reflecting on youth and dealing with old age. Some saucy touches on Scottish idpol, but it doesn;t really go that in depth, I'll give you that.

It was basically the same post modern shit as the last movie.

Trainspotting always felt like a slice of life to me with Mark's struggle becoming continuously more difficult from the burden of his friends, thus making his choice at the end justified.
T2 on the other hand just fell flat with nothing new to really say. Even explaining the plot of the movie there's no real development of narrative, and all that's really there is Begbie being introduced as a forced conflict.
Some of my friends said they found it entertaining but its clearly made more for that kind of audience as a reunion than a proper sequel.

I wasnt expecting him to be sucha cartoon villain. He is the type that would beat him, but then be friends again soon after. The whole thing was a misfire they should have thoguht up a diff story or adapt the book itself

> ship is lost in another galaxy
> the only guy who understands the controls is a violent morphine addict named Begbie

that would be fucking hilarious

why do morphine addicts believe that their tawdry little dramas are fascinating to the rest of the world?

Some parts were good, some were Adam Sandler-tier. It's okay

probably the biggest problem you guys are having. T2 was more faithful to the book.

The book, at least the first one, is a collection of narratives from the perspective of multiple characters.

Not sure what you mean by a "proper sequel"

Let me try to briefly explain the narrative of the movie:

>Renton returns home
>he confronts the characters from the previous film
>each have their own conflicts that they resolve together
>finally renton confronts begbie
>begbie's life is utterly shattered, he's constituionally incapable of resolving his problems
>so they dump him in jail

At least there's some catharsis in that he makes ammends with his family. Begbie is in no way a cartoon villain though. There are countless blokes in the central belt of Scotland just like him.

The scene with Renton and Begbie in the toilets was kino

I loved it, Spud was great

It was alright. I thought the soundtrack was a bitt off. Still there was no way the movie would be as zeitgeisty than the original.

>idk how i should feel about this movie so someone tell me what to think

Fuck off

Unnecessary but good.
Essentially just confirmed the moral of the original film that sneering cynicism aside, you need to choose life.

this post was kind of shit desu

all I'm trying to say is that the film is decent, leagues better than most of the trash in cinemas these days

I liked it. It was way more literary than the first, more serious melancholy tone, but it was good.

nothing special, it was nice to spend some time with them again, but you pretty much forget it by the next day.

could have been a lot worse.

It was ok. And if you took it too seriously you got it wrong: He did it to get laid. And it worked.

This actually. I felt it was like a love letter to writing and literature somehow.