The Great Debate

The Great Debate

Other urls found in this thread:

rebloggy.com/post/star-wars-the-empire-strikes-back-return-of-the-jedi-a-new-hope-jedi-the-phantom/40041446214
youtube.com/watch?v=jvoFQ6E60Bc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

episode 3
all others suck ass

>not episode ii and episode v

Do you even pottery?

V > VI > VII > IV > I > III > II

IV > VI > V > III > RI > I > VII > II

Holy shit you have terrible taste
KYS

Googling that image only show episode 3, anybody have the others that similar to OP?

Episode 3

episode 3 is unironically the best star wars ever made
best dialogue and quotes
best characters
best world designs
best story
its a rollercoaster of emotions, and the end always gets me teary eyed

wrong

rebloggy.com/post/star-wars-the-empire-strikes-back-return-of-the-jedi-a-new-hope-jedi-the-phantom/40041446214

This isn't even a debate, it's:

5 > 4 > 6 > 7 >>>>>>>> 1 > 3 > 2

Calm down loser lol

What if I told you reddit re watched the prequels and actually likes them now?

>Episode V is in the Library of Congress
>Episode III isn't

hmm

sup disneycuck

>I>III

how does it feel to have shit taste

>7 >>>>>>>> 1 > 3 > 2

4>3>5>6>7>2>1

This is the definite order.

Do you think I give a shit what Reddit does you whore of Disney?

Hella epic lack of individual opinion! High five bros

5>4>3>6>7>1>2

Any other opinions are reddit

putting 5 before 4 is reddit shit, dumbass.

Why do so many people hate 6? Is it because they only watch mature films for mature men like themselves? It's objectively way better than the second half of 4 and slightly better than everything except for training scenes in 5.

because ewoks

it's a good movie but the whole ewoks and destroying the empire in that shitty little forest with a dozen guys is really underwhelming. the emperor scenes are kino though.

wrong

That's what I'm saying. Ewoks are not dark and mature enough for mature men like themselves. Eworks aren't bad though, they're just silly.

Jabba scenes are kino as well. And Luke is finally an actual character.

t.reddit cuck

t. Being contrarian to mask the reddit

V > III > IV > VII > VIII > I > II

This is objectively the correct order.

>happen to think TFA wasn't bad

Shill! Cuck! Is that seriously all you got?

>reddit hates the prequels so I like em!

Do you have any idea how pathetic you are?

>VIII

>tv doesn't pretend to hate 3 anymore

>tfw you realise star wars CANON is 3-R1-4-5-6 and everything else is non-canon trash

reddit actally love prequels now, but I agree with him that putting VII above anything is the most reddit thing

The most correct opinion ITT

They pretend to like it now

People don't love the prequels now they've just found appreciation for them after episode 7 and seeing star wars become a pandering rehash that only exists to make money

3 is the worst star wars movie

Episode 5 is literally shit compared to Episode 4. it's not contrarianism, it's the truth.
go back to whatever movie or starwars subreddit you came out of pleb.

Must suck to be so wrong

yes, yes, tell me, how does it feel?

Niggers can't into films.

this one is pretty close to my own opinion desu

The start of 4 is great. But you can't seriously think that the second half of the movie where they goof around in the death star is actually good? It's shit, it's almost shockingly shit.

Watching the prequels ironically > Watching the OT unironically > Watching paint dry > Watching the Disney Wars flicks

Prequels (particulary 2 and 3) do amazing redpilll on 9/11 and basically all others false flag incidents that provoked war, of course it will never be in "Library of Jewgress". Unlike "those are good guys, those are bad. Good guys suck and getting betrayed by themeselves, bad guys win" flick. youtube.com/watch?v=jvoFQ6E60Bc

Watching prequels when you're 10 > watching OT when you're 20 > watching dog eat poo > watching grandma die when you're 25 > watching nu-T when you're 30

III was a kino

VI > V > IV > R1 > III > VII > II > 1

>What if I told you reddit re watched the prequels and actually likes them now?
But redditlettermedia 'proved' the prequels are terrible.

III>IV>V>I>II>VII
Thread is finished, this is Sup Forums's official rating (Disney shills and r*ddit will dispute this)

Shit I forgot VI, that goes after V and before I

Would unironically be correct if George didn't overproduce the final fight.

The most popular ranking is usually the right one - because normies can recognise sub-par and terrible movies themselves, and critics can more-or-less determine what is decent vs what is exceptional.

The problem is that NEETS obsess about signalling they have better taste than normies. Even when normies have the correct opinion you will get people on Sup Forums who HAVE to think differently because they identify as not being normies. That's why you get so many tier-fags who think that 'the correct level of contrarianism' is the same thing as good taste.

Don't think in terms of factions, tiers, or levels. Think in terms of quality.

5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

This

I'm sorry, but could the reddit fags fuck off my board? Thank you

V > R1 > IV > VII > III > VI > II > I

Reddit fucking loves ep 7 you plebeian

V and IV are objectively the best, I think most can agree with this. After that it's all subjective opinion.

For me it's:
V >>> IV > III > VI > VII >>> R1 > I > II

R1, I and II are shit and the rest are decent with Empire being fantastic and far above the rest of the star wars movies. III is seriously underrated by plebs and is a blast to watch.

you have a bad opinion
you too

kys yourselves

rewatch I lad, it's decent. far better than VII

checked, but i think IV>V, and then everything else is spot on.

>Think in terms of quality.
Quality of what? SW is trash in terms of quality. If I think in terms of quality, I wouldn't watch this trash. It has value bacause I'm invested in SW universe. It's a good universe. But the movies themslevs are trash, they're not even worth seeing really, not in this day and age. Logan's Run is better than half of SW films, who gives a shit about it now?

V > IV > III > VI >II >VII > I

sup reddit

More like the great bait

The final 15 minutes are absolute shite though, otherwise It's fine

>V >>>
STOP REPEATING MEMES. Look at the actual scenes, are they any good? Is the cave scene good? Nope, trash. Is the hoth battle good? It was great back in the day, now it's just shitty special effect for 30 minutes. Are the training scenes good? If you ignore the shittiest puppet in all cinema, they are. Is the sky city cool? Nope, just people walking along boring shit corridors. Is the final battle any good? It's alright for the 2 minutes it lasts, but nothing special. So why exactly is everyone obsessed with that movie? It is objectively subpar.

The prequels are pretty good desu. Arguably III is the best in the entire saga

>1 > 2

I'll never understand this tbqh, for me episode 1 is the worst and it's not even close

My order is similar, but:

4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 2 >>>>>>>> 7

This.

I don't think 1 is a bad movie but fucking hell it's boring, trade federations, blockades and deserts. it's just boring as fuck except for the maul lightsaber fight and podracing scene.

>Look at the actual scenes, are they any good?

t. Hack Snyder

People want to watch a movie not a series of scenes.

It's the Anakin / Padme scenes that doom II. Both Hayden and the script were shitty.

People want to repeat shit opinions they can't defend. 5 is no good.

>Look at the actual scenes, are they any good?

Yes they are pleb. It's got great suspenseful action, likable and interesting characters, a fantastic training scene, a dark tone but still manages to be a fun star wars movie unlike rouge one, and of course one of the best movie climaxes of all time and an amazing twist, the last 20 minutes of Empire is some of the finest film making of all time. The plot is paced to perfection and information is given in an intelligent way that respects the viewers. It is the perfect action/adventure movie, you can't see this because you suffer from pleb movie-watcher syndrome but hopefully you will see the light someday.

>III
>Good in any way
NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hello there reddit

2 big problems with the movie. 1 - the stakes in the battle on hoth are never clear. Why should we care? What's the context? Why would I give a shit if some base is blown up or not? So the entire battle just becomes a special effects scene with no story behind it. Half an hour of nothing, pretty much 2 - how amazingly dull sky city is. There's nothing there. You can cut out all of those scenes and let Vader capture our guys right away.

You have autism.
To the one who got 3 consecutive (You)s, you have turbo-autism. KYS. Now.

>being a tripfag AND having shit taste

>VII > IV

I refuse to believe anyone who is this much of a moron can operate a keyboard. Stop trolling.

>the stakes in the battle on hoth are never clear.

Wut?? The movie clearly explains that the majority of the rebel alliance is stationed on hoth if I remember correctly. What more of a stake could there be than total destruction of the rebels??

But that's like 4 or 5 scenes out of the whole movie that are bad. Meanwhile, The Phantom Menace has only 4 or 5 good scenes and the rest are bad.

sup reddit

V>VI>III>IV=VII>II>I

>the majority of the rebel alliance is stationed on hoth
So? Why do I care? If they win this battle, how do they survive the next one? They can't defend against all the Empire, so what am I looking at exactly and why should I care? It's clear that the battle is filler and has no point in the movie.

>describing anything as reddit

I'm not saying having autism makes you a bad person, but you're getting mad at people for being normal, and trying to make your autism everyone else's problem, and that makes you an Asshole. Grow the fuck up.

Okay, explain to my why I can't skip all of the sky city scenes and jump right to Vader.

>Is the cave scene good?
yes
>Is the hoth battle good?
yes
>Are the training scenes good?
yes
>Is the sky city cool?
yes
>Is the final battle any good?
yes

you didn't prove Empire is shit, you just proved you have shit taste in cinema

t. OT drone

>Why do I care?

Because they are the heroes of the story and the first movie teaches you about how the rebels are fighting the tyrannical empire.

>It's clear that the battle is filler and has no point in the movie.

The point of the battle is to show how relentless and overpowering the empire are to the rebels, how they are never safe. It's also used to get the plot going.

There is nothing wrong with the opening battle scene.

The vast majority of II is highschool drama-tier bullshit in front of bland greenscreen backgrounds. Phantom Menace may be a trainwreck, but at least it's vivid and has imaginative things going on.

because you'll miss the story and character development, sky city scenes are literally essential for understanding the plot you moron, stop trolling

hola reddito

>I don't understand how things work and should probably stop posting

>feed my autism

Gonna pass.

t. pleb-quel pleb

calm down reddit. we get it you love disney and feminism.

V>IV>III=VI>>>I>II>>>>>>>>>>>>VII