Why are they so bad at sports? Sweden and Denmark have produced some great footballers like Ibrahimovic, Larsson...

Why are they so bad at sports? Sweden and Denmark have produced some great footballers like Ibrahimovic, Larsson, Ljungberg, Laudrup, Schmeichel and Eriksen with Iceland also doing extremely well in the sport now. Sweden and Finland are both part of the "big six" in ice hockey. Finland do very well in motorsports as well. All Norway have is skiing and even then they need to cheat at it. Aside from tiny nations like Luxembourg or Monaco, I don't think there's a single nation in Western Europe that is worse at sports than Norway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HESdEyOcfRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Z E R O M E D A L S
E
R
O

M
E
D
A
L
S

Z E R O M E D A L S
E
R
O

M
E
D
A
L
S

Z E R O M E D A L S
E
R
O

M
E
D
A
L
S

Z E R O M E D A L S
E
R
O

M
E
D
A
L
S

Z E R O M E D A L S
E
R
O

M
E
D
A
L
S

Z E R O M E D A L S
E
R
O

M
E
D
A
L
S

Literally has the most medals in the winter olympics right now. How many do you have?

Didn't read lmao

ZERO (0) MEDALS

Read the entire post, literally all of them except one bronze is in skiing. Indians are the best country at Kabaddi, it doesn't make them an elite sporting nation. Other Nordic countries have been successful in other sports so it's strange that Norway has been so bad in comparison.

>big 6
Canada
Russia
USA
Sweden
Czech
Slovakia

for the supposed "master race" they absolutely suck athletically

>Slovakia
>Czech

Canadian not knowing todays hockey

Dumb finn you almost got relegated in teenage tournament

nice blog

They have never lost to Brazil in a competitive football game

dumb bong

guess what other team besides Canada has 2 junior golds in the last 5 years?

neither have Tuvalu

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

>mfw we have been in the world cup 3 times, and only have losses to Italy

Those two teams have never played each other though

>Most medals of all time in winter olympics with a population of 5 (FIVE) million
>bad at sports
You ok there bong?

honestly we should just give up and turn those football fields into handball courts and ice rinks

Norwew :3

Literally a nation of Nordic-Germanic Übermenschen dominating or at least competing for every title in every sport they care about.

I don't like to admit that, but they are unironically the best sporting nation in all of Europe.

Have you ever been to Norway? It's like year 1800 over there. They literally have done nothing with their lives except make a cheese slicer. The country looks worse than Albania and all they can do is wait until they are graduates to Russ and go to their shitty little russfestival before doing nothing again for the rest of their lives apart from skiing. Imagine their life without oil. Oh wait, my grandma can. A fucking peasant eating potatoes and carrots 5 times a week. Amazing how little they have done when their effeminate brothers to the east have multi-billion kroner car companies, telecomm companies, industrial companies, fashion companies. And yet Norwegians have the audacity to make fun of Swedish teenagers spending a summer waitressing in Oslo. Lmao.

They only play sports they have a chance to win with less competition. The less competition the better it is for a Norwegian

I like this pasta, it's a good pasta.

stay mad

Probably the worst sporting nation in Europe, their only "relevant" athlete is Martin Odegaard

what about moldova?

fpbp

>Slovakia

Fastest white man to ever run a non wibd-assisted marathon is Norwegian.

Don't worry, I understand ya

You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten.

>Amazing how little they have done when their effeminate brothers to the east have multi-billion kroner car companies

Biggest company in Scandinavia is literally Norwegian tbdesu

>soccer
>sport

It's a fuckin oil company, norwegians can't innovate worth shit. Someone post those maps showing what the country's economy consists of, sweden and finland has diverse economies, technology, medicine, minerals etc, norway is 70% or something oil.

Loving a good laff.

What about Carew, Solskjær and Riise la

>there is no innovation within the petroleum industry
i like to laugh too

We do okay. We have top tier athletics stars, great cyclists and very good handball teams. The main focus in Norway will of course always be our national winter sports however.

Whoa guys keep calm with saying they got oil :o

Do you want them to get invaded by the US?

lmaoing @ ur life la

>living vicariously through the accomplishments of your nation instead of focusing on your own accomplishments alone
sad!

>the biggest company in scandiavia is norways government oined state oil

lmfao
i have more respect for a failing Nokia than an oil company

>Norwegian teams in charge of winning the European cup

>cold winter country
>with focus on cold winter sports
Who would have thought!

Sweden, Denmark and Finland all have more success in non-winter sports, why can't Norway do the same?

>British national teams in charge of winning the European Championship
LMAO, even Denmark did it.

see

why the fuck are we picking on norway?

>Someone post those maps showing what the country's economy consists of, sweden and finland has diverse economies, technology, medicine, minerals etc, norway is 70% or something oil.
You're a moron.

SUCCESS BREEDS JEALOUSY

Can you even read, tard? No wonder, seeing how badly norwegian kids do in school.

Yeah, you're an ignorant fool.

because those rich faggots can take it

>an entire thread about norway
flattering

Don't know what your non-language chart is saying, but this is embarrassing.

>mfw the Norwegian Pension fund keeps on gobbling up real estate and industries in stagnating European countries
we'll soon own entire cities hehe

Not at all, what your tiny Finnish brain is unable to comprehend is that Finland's export treemap would look more or less the same if you had a similar revenue from the petroleum industry.

OY VEY GOYIM WHAT'S WITH THE FILENAME?

so you're saying it's wrong to exploit oil for financial gains? it's the most profitable thing to do, which is why our gdp is WAY higher than yours. i think you're just jealous.

SHUT. IT. DOWN.

>"It's honestly embarrassing that you guys are taking advantage of this highly profitable natural resource that you have in large quantities."
It's unironically jealousy, he couldn't make it more obvious if he tried.

>map from 2012
TINY FINNISH EXPORTS

there's only one positive thing about being norwegian
not being dane

cute :)

>he hasn't seen that Norwegian guy who posts the chess rankings, where a Norwegian is always number 1

>N-no you

Right after trying to deny it, lmao.

I'm doing fine, thank you.

it seems you have some kind of problem with norway though

Too much koskenkorva for pekka tonight.

We're starting to branch out in different sports now like long marathon, and running. I think a lot of talent from my 90s generation was lost to fotball because there was no other option.

Nokia managed to turn one of my favourite tech companies into shit within months of their takeover/rebrand, what the fuck. They tried fixing what didn't need fixing and removed key features from their products through over-the-air updates, effectively rendering the products useless. Fuck! Now I'll have to send my products back to Finland for a full refund.

Norway is 6th in the world at Floorball and 5th in Bandy(in contention for 4th).
They are pretty high up there in 300m rifle.
Also, Ski Jumping is not really similar to cross-country skiing or Biathlon at all, and they are great at that.

Sondre is amazing, I don't think most Norwegians understand how incredible the results he's achieving right now are.

>The absolute state of german bandy

Not to mention Karsten Warholm who won the World Championship gold in 400m hurdles last year, and just set a world record on the 300m hurdles less than a week ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=HESdEyOcfRU
Holy shit

>300m hurdles
excuse me

They run 300m hurdles indoor.

i had no idea

also, slightly off-topic, but why do men run 110m but women 100m hurdles? i know women are weaker and all of that, but it's literally just 10 meter difference.

Men have longer legs, so they need more space between the hurdles to get the same amount of hurdles (10). 100m would make it really awkward for the men with 10 hurdles, too little space between the hurdles.

that makes sense.

>United Kingd0m

they are one of if not the best in terms of medals / population

Looked it up now. Top 5. Shockingly, Finland is the best. Then Hungary, Bahamas and Sweden.

didn't they have some divegrass player that was supposed to be the next goat?

>You now remember Big John Carew

Literally every engineer went to work in the oil field after we discovered it, it's actually a success story on how to benefit from a country's natural resources without turning into a corrupt shithole. Now, our technical universities are diversifying so this'll probably change in the future.

They're absolute GOAT's at creating QT's, which is all that really matters.

Norwegian bro's, how do I get Marit Larsen tier gf?

germany has more

oh and Russia too

He meant total medals.
Germany is doing really well also, getting medals spread throughout the diciplines. Should be a factor when we rank countries. I would put sweden above the netherlands/USA due to beeing more diversfied

Am I the only one who cheers for all nordic countries whenever they compete in anything?

only thing besides skiing Norway is good at, is Handball imo

Norway is too intelligent for sports

How many world cups you won cunty bollocks....

Kek

>Still proud of winning that one rigged cup

You Brits just keep inventing sports so you can suck at them

same here, scandibro

>Be British
>invent football
>suck at it
>invent tennis
>suck at it
>invent rugby
>get your teeth pushed in by some Maoris
>invent cricket