Why are so many US state flags just the state seal on a blue bedsheet?

Why are so many US state flags just the state seal on a blue bedsheet?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/local/la-me-adv-california-grizzly-20140803-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9iWOxfLZHE4
ww2.kqed.org/science/2013/06/05/deextinction-debate-should-extinct-species-be-revived/
youtube.com/watch?v=sf7muE4Br80
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try being from California and having a bear that's extinct in your state on your flag and knowing that every time we make a motion to bring them back people say no because their afraid of getting mauled. Feelsbadman
#bringbackthegrizzly

Wait. We can bring them back?

>Florida still use a variation of the Spanish Empire flag
cute

Yeah, all we gotta do is believe.

yeah, other via other populations of grizzlies
latimes.com/local/la-me-adv-california-grizzly-20140803-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9iWOxfLZHE4
We're just stuck with the virgin Black Bear, meanwhile the Chad Grizzly lives it up in Yellowstone.

kinda surprised they didn't try to change it because racism

Honestly they look good

you cunts have these things walking around foraging through your bins yet you say you're scared of Australia's deadly animals

While I like the idea of returning grizzlies to California, I think the California Grizzly was a specific subspecies that's pretty much gone and introducing other grizzlies wouldn't be the same thing. I thought we had managed to come up with some "Jurassic Park" shit.

black bears aren't scary, especially here in the south. they're tiny. My bud ran one over driving through florida.

It wouldn't be the California Grizzly tho, don't get me wrong, I think we should do the same in Mexico in memory of our Grizzly, but getting anything other than superficially similar phenotypes is sci fi stuff at this point.

Oh no, we absolutely can do some Jurassic park shit and that's what's being proposed. Through modern CRISPR DNA stuff using other species of Grizzlies and back-breeding/cloning we can effectively recreate the species.
ww2.kqed.org/science/2013/06/05/deextinction-debate-should-extinct-species-be-revived/
This article is a good read, talks about the Grizzly a bit.

how long ago did they die out? You could probably pull some grizzly meat out the freezer and shove it up another bear's snatch via IVF. It would just be very expensive and not really worth it at all

93 years ago.

yup see:Also here's a mindoc about the death of the California Grizzly if you want the feels: youtube.com/watch?v=sf7muE4Br80

They could have at least used the same shade of blue.

California Grizzlies are extinct everywhere bro.

>The California grizzly bear has been considered as a possible candidate for attempts at deextinction, through the proposed use of back-breeding, cloning and genetic engineering to recreate extinct species.[22]
You just have to believe harder.

Rhode Island is aesthetic as fuck

Arizona, Texas, New Mexico...

The Southwest has the best flags.

what we should really have on our flag is a flaming eucalyptus tree

The last living one was stuffed and put on display in a Museum after it died, idk

Most of the black bears I've seen were fairly young and they run away quickly.

But it's fucking frightening when you see large one or a grizzly. Even worse when you see cubs because you know a psychotic mother bear is close by.