Germanbros...

Germanbros, I find your history really interesting and I'm consistently shocked at Germany ending up being a nation with all the German kingdoms that hated each other.

Do you guys still retain any cultural and/or linguistic unique features from the HRE kingdom your state is from, or has all of that been wiped away and replaced with a broader German identity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cfcZuXtD3Sc),
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>german identity

lmao such thing doesn't exists anymore. germany is our bitch now. ALLAH be praised.

Inshallah my BLACK brother.

Well germany is still a federation (every state has own government, school system, police force, etc) and there can be huge differences between the german dialects. "You cant understand them" huge. The german you know is only ~150 years old.

>"You cant understand them" huge.
?

>Do you guys still retain any cultural and/or linguistic unique features from the HRE kingdom your state is from, or has all of that been wiped away and replaced with a broader German identity?

yes, bavaria us among the oldest states in europe, older than France or England

I find it wrong to separate German and Dutch dialects into these categories. The standardised language that was implemented in a specific region is irrelevant to the existing dialect as such.
As for Frisian, it may be a peculiar dialect, but it remains part of the German-Dutch continuum.

The differences between the dialects are so huge you cant understand what they say.

Thus you need to use german to communicate. And even than the majority of people speak it with an accent of their regional dialect.

The different kingdoms and monarchies weren't really an exact representation of the different German cultures and dialect groups, they were mostly just areas the respective rulers managed to get control over.

The different cultures are more a regional thing and of course there's still a lot of that preserved, like the traditional costumes, marksmen's festivals, or different kinds of carnival (southwestern German Swabian-Allemanic carnival is awesome: youtube.com/watch?v=cfcZuXtD3Sc), also there are different cuisines and dialects.

Most of these things are still embraced and practiced by many people, but in everyday life, most people have adopted standard German without strong dialects and just live modern lifestlyes.

Not anymore abdul al hans.

It wasn't Germany, you obese Kevin-Hans. Provence which is in your map for example was in nothing close to German.

>Area in which Dutch is spoken
Flemish WAS spoken there, not Dutch.

>45% of the population claim to speak it
LMAO

You know damn well what is meant.

>45% of the population claim to speak it
Not anymore

There are still some places that (mostly) playfully hate / compete with each other based on old kingdoms. Makes for nice enemies in sports, too.
Down here at my place theres a short kids song about hanging the neighbors kingdoms people on a tree, was always great fun at joined summer camp activities.

Flemish is a dutch dialect.

Dutch is a German dialect

Dutch and German are two different standardised languages from the same dialect continuum.

>dialect continuum
A funny way to spell German Sprachraum

You're either ignorant on this subject, or trying to troll.

That's like saying Humans descended from apes.

You'd have to find older germans.

In this generation maybe 20% of people are ethnic German.

>with all the German kingdoms that hated each other
so much that they consistently banded together again foreign invasions and later to form the German Union and Empire