ITT: post your favourite architecture style from another country

ITT: post your favourite architecture style from another country

For me, it's antebellum Southern architecture

I think this PNW style of house is very cozy.

>both American
Thank you lads

I love copenhagen architecture!
I hope to visit someday.

Here's a little German settlement I live about an hour and a half from

They have some of the best wine I've ever tasted

Northern spain

which german cities are most likely to have this style? is it bavaria?

you can find buildings like that literally everywhere in bavaria. I don't know about the other states

now imagine if instead of germanic whites, 1000 years ago germany was inhabited by dirty mudshitslimes. would these creatures have created architectural styles as beautiful as what you have now?

I have a hard time finding likable foreign architecture because basically all classical styles (pre 1900) have little relation to the present, and basically all modern styles (post 1900) have been international anyway.

I do however want to express my admiration for the US having been able to develop and uphold regional styles and trends in residential architecture so far into the modern period. Craftsman style, shingle style; even after the war there were still regionally limited movements like mid-century modern houses (pic related), whereas new residential developments across Germany followed similar styles or even international styles, aside from the stark difference in the approach to housing between Western Europe and Soviet controlled Eastern Europe of course.

Here's a very beautiful shingle style early modernist house.

I love the design of modern japanese homes. They look so comfy and homely

Are they still widely built? They seem to look like traditional upper class homes, only with bigger windows.

I don't think they're built to that high an extend anymore, sadly. I think they're prioritizing building more of smaller homes.

The ones who did not got bombed and did not grow too much.

This kind of style is medieval, there is examples of it from it around the entire europe.

Most of those houses are older than my country...

I like almost everything from europe prior the modern era.
People had taste, their architecture inpire their citizens to rule the world, not it inspire them to commit suicide in a Bauhaus like commie block.

More or less forced to in some places. But constriction leads to creative and interesting problem solving. Creativity works best when there's a problem to solve, creativity without bounds just for the sake of itself is too conceptual and leads nowhere.

probably, because it is extremely dangerous, with lost apparent logs and the topof the houses being so close to each others, if one house is burning the whole town can burn.
this architecture died out in western europe during the renaissance mainly due to interdictions

How old is that house?
It`s surprisingly nice to be murikan.

This.

Good taste.

That is quite deep, my dude

Antebellum, so before 1860. The US south has a lot of beautiful homes and buildings.

Almost every midsized town in Germany has them

The large wooden medieval centres most big cities used to have were evaporated in the war

as was deserved
your entire country deserved to be wiped off the face of the planet

What the Reformbau movement though

perhaps
It's such a shame though

Eastern Germany was so beautiful before the war.

Sure does, but only in the historic neighborhoods.

i love the traditional izba houses of russia

eastern germany was really unharmed in comparison to what happened in the west

i also love the turf thatched houses of nordic countries, particularly iceland

it's just so simple. idk what you call it, it's when it's just a white box. like in southern countries

I'm surprised all those antebellum mansions haven't been bulldozed since 2009 for being a symbol of hate.

For what? Opposing your Jew masters?

England had no business interfering German rebirth in Europe, and the US had no business being in Europe at all.

Germany fought the war on the forefront and with one of the biggest sacrifices in the history of mankind, the exact same war against Soviet Communism that the US continued for another 45 years.

It is again, in many places. Dresden is amazing.

dumm, nur in schwaben?

bavarian houses look like this

looks like hanseatic architecture in the middle of nowhere

Dresden is pretty good, plenty of preserved historical buildings but also lots of it is vaguely rebuilt and feels more like a theme park than like an original. The church has been precisely rebuilt, but all the surrounding buildings are brand new and are only made to resemble classic architecture.

>Can't walk around naked in your fucking house because it was designed like a Dutch window brothel
Nice thinking nips

Farm houses in Northern Germany.

>another country

Maybe he's Bavarian.

>another country

It's difficult to add wallspace without making the structure appear monolithic and invasive.

Also the front and rear of the building are usually the only sides where you can even have windows due to the built up nature of the neighborhoods that require such structures in the first place, and it's hard to light your entire home adequately with tiny windows on two sides of it.