About 10 years ago this was the highest rated show in Britain. I watched it a few times and it is pure hatred...

About 10 years ago this was the highest rated show in Britain. I watched it a few times and it is pure hatred, everyone on this show hates and despises each other. Why exactly would anyone watch this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aO0CC7ViVIs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Keeps the plebs indoors for a few hours a week and gives them something to hate other than their own miserable dead-end lives.

>mfw This country has to buy power from france to
sustain the amount of kettles being boiled
between the breaks of eastenders and corrie

It's awful now, so boring and dreary, it used to be alright.

I know this is a really unpopular opinion but Hollyoaks is the best soap right now, there might be deaths and kidnappings every other month but it's at least entertaining.

If you watch these miserable soaps, then you're part of the problem. And anyone watching Hollyoaks for anything other than T&A needs to be sterilised.

They've toned down the t&a a lot in recent years, it's something to watch though. It's the only soap I watch regularly.

Suspense and for a something-to-do time filler.
Used to watch it when I was a little kid then on and off through my teens, cuz the cast gave me boners.
It also gave you something to talk about with the average person.

Crackhead Phil is unironically one of the best story arcs in British television
youtube.com/watch?v=aO0CC7ViVIs

what I need IS CRACK

>every other month

M8 it's every other episode. Chicago has a lower murder rate than Hollyoaks village.

True. Someone died in yesterday's episode and they had a kidnapping two episodes before that.

Have to say though as much as the show is a guilty pleasure the original Silas storyline was great. Amazing character.

I suspect that people only slap on DeadEnders because they've been in the habit of doing it for decades.

If you started a soap up nowadays it probably wouldn't even get up off the ground. The shows feel like they're run by some bloodthirsty velvet mafia type with a murder and stereotype quota to fill.

The who killed le Lucy Biel storyline killed this show, they dragged it out for years.

There are no good storylines or gangsters anymore. Eatsfailures is all we have now.

it used to be good but now it's terrible. That's your answer. Coronation street is now seen as being far superior even though it too is mediocre.

Anything else?

it reminds people of real life

britfag here. 90% of the country are poorly educated low-wage plebs. coronation street gets as many viewers than eastenders and is even more bleakly pathetic.

at least eastenders embraces its meme characters.

Soaps will always feel 20 years behind the times, especially when they do youth storylines as the writers are all old.

When will they kill off Ian? I really want to see him die.

>set in london
>the cast still features white people

Fuck off Sup Forums

>in each episode of Eastenderstan, the call to prayer can clearly be heard.

Go answer the call to

go answer the call to /cuck/, pajeet

It is THE definitive show of the lower working class plebs.

Eastenders is an exercise in existential horror.

>breaks in eastenders
Are you retarded?