Why don't Americans celebrate Oktoberfest?

Why don't Americans celebrate Oktoberfest?

Other urls found in this thread:

helenchamber.com/Helen/Oktoberfest.html
youtube.com/watch?v=j-PRR8hG_jk
youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's a restaurant near me that does it.

>MUH HERITAGE

Because despite of countless claims of
>muh german heritage
very few actually are german let alone know about it.

Oktoberfest?

Because I get drunk every day already

I'm not German, but it seems like German culture is ingrained in American way of life more than British culture.

we do
>fucking germans are everywhere

Come to Pennsylvania. A lot of us do.

Many local events and delicious Yuengling Oktoberfest.

Based,

Right there brother. Drinking some dank beer right now.

Wtf are you talking about, tons of German-American clubs do every year.

This map has been debunked, British-descendant colonist has massively been under-reported since the revolution. Genetic sampling of most of the US overlaps with the UK especially the coasts, not with Germany, even in areas that report German heritage. Only the northern midwest has a high concentration of ex-German settler people

Isn't that just another rape festival now?

They did in my hometown. (Cincinnati)

my neighborhood did

>mango even keel

Sadly, you're probably right.

The good thing though is that in the US, a bunch of drunk honkeys would shoot their ass.

oh, I can believe that
but still though, I see a lot of german families celebrating oktoberfest

>implying there isn't an overlap between English populations and those of Germanic Western Europe.

We do though, but mostly because it gives us another excuse to get drink.

Oktoberfest in Munich is a joke. Shity fest memed into popularity to sell overpriced shitty bear to tourists and retards. Just good for raping german sluts if you are into it.

Let me see, I bet you think Oktoberfest is something that is celebrated all over Germany, right?

How's that mango peel cuhhh? I've only had the grapefruit.

A lot of places here do celebrate Oktoberfest, as well as a few other foreign holidays. We don't need much of a reason to go drinking.

Currently drinking pic related. Literally the one thing Brazil has done right.

They celebrate cuktoberfest instead.
It's a celebration of long dark tall ales.

We do in central Texas.

Except they fucking do.

Americans don't really like celebrating cuckoldry

Yes, the St. Patrick's day of the fall.

That said, nothing ushers in deer season like a drunken party. I always look forward to it.

They don't want to be to partied out to really enjoy Novemberfest

It's really weird.

We have Oktoberfest and so does Brazil.
But the USA has waaaay more Germans.

Still, it has been turned into a shitty tourist trap here. Nothing "traditional" about it. Just a silly parade and a bunch of city degenerates trying to score some pussy.

Arizona reporting in

We do a lot of oktoberfest here. (Even though the drinks are overpriced and mediocre.

How's that big black one feel going down? Is it all foamy with a big head on it? Does your wife cry and get angry when you spend all your spare time guzzling it? Or does she like to suck some down too as you watch?

i'ts pretty big around here. so...

yeah, and you dress up in the funny lederhosen and drink beer all the time right?

Based Vereins Kreiche... are you in the 'burg Paco?

it's like christmas but in october right?

We do though

I live in Southeast Iowa, and this area actively celebrates it's German heritage. My town actually celebrates Oktoberfest every year, and a few dozen people (myself included) actually wear traditional clothing.

>Just good for raping german sluts if you are into it.
jeeze Hans that seems kinda dark

It's haraam, so it would be insulting to Germans

Most areas with a relevant amount of German decedents celebrate it in bars and stuff. Also, with the recent rise of Craft Beers in America, all micro-breweries brew German style beers around Oktoberfest time.

I'm so German that I grow my own cabbage to make sauerkraut and brew my own all grain beer.

Only 3 more months my brothers.

Poor cuckposting, m8.
0/10. Would not let out of shed.

>Very few
Literally the largest ethnic group in America

We have a small German town in Los Angeles called Alpine Village with great festivals. But I go to the real one every year. This might be my last year though, Germany isn't what it once was.

Um, no. Most of them are !/4 Irish, 1/8 German but they call themselves German because that is the cool thing to do currently.

>t. Al-Habib Achmed Mohammed

You have no say on what is or isn't German

Pretty much this.
Shitty crowd, shitty atmosphere, overpriced as hell and too many fucking people for it to be enjoyable.

Hell people piss while they are sitting on the bench because they would have to wait in fron of the toilets for 1 hour.

Any mid sized traditional festival is several times better.

>Why don't Americans celebrate Oktoberfest?
Blame WW1.
We had bad information and went full retard with the anit-German sentiment back home..
Never should've even gotten involved, tbqh

Ya Achmed, you shouldn't shit on people for admiring your culture. True a lot of whites here are Anglo/Celtic/German mixes, but German was the second most spoken language here for a long time.

We do but is mostly Germans who gave a shit about religion and come to the South, i never went to one so i can't say much about it

>very few actually are german let alone know about it.
And then Brazil has one of the largest Oktoberfests in the the world (granted, in Southern Brazil).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest_of_Blumenau

Pretty much. The German heritage meme is finally being accepted as incorrect.

And this. At the moment it's cool to claim German/Nordic heritage. Wonder how long til 'Ancient Egyptian' becomes the official "majority" heritage of the US.

The fuck you talking about?

I live an hour away from the home of the longest Oktoberfest in the world. It's held in a town in the Georgia mountains modeled after a quaint German town.

helenchamber.com/Helen/Oktoberfest.html

Bretty good m8. what next?

We only celebrate it while on vacation..

youtube.com/watch?v=j-PRR8hG_jk

youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU

>mfw I attempt to do this when I am drunk

There's a lot of oktoberfest events in the states.

We do. We also fly Nazi banners and the security are in costume as waffen and officers. Midwest is best.

Why don't we celebrate a foreign fucking tradition just because we have a large number of 90% British ancestry faggots claiming to be German because they saw a Swedish name from 500 years ago in their family tree?
Gee, I don't fucking know, OP.

Go fuck yourself, Johan Jefferson

Lol I hate my country's educational system

Drinking alcohol is degenerate

I'm with you. drinking that fine captain morgan.

My family runs a german restaurant/bar.

Its a good time for us.

I don't know about the rest of the Unites States but there is this place called German American Societies of San Diego here in San Diego that puts on a pretty big Oktoberfest every year.

there is a town about an hour away from where i live that goes full mardi gras mode every year for oktoberfest.

Never heard of those. Whats the name?

The extended limb

every town with more than 1000 people by me has their own Oktoberfest. I'm also near the *oldest* brewery in america

Come home old germens

We do, every year

there's plenty of oktoberfests across the country. You're an idiot

Tradition is passed on from generation.
Our grandparents were too busy at war with Germany and japan they didn't have time to pick up their customs

They do in the Midwest. Oktoberfest in Amana, Iowa in particular is good drunken fun.

We do.

We do in Helen Georgia.
>Just google Helen Georgia Oktoberfest 2016

where i live still does in a small town called Holstein. Theres another town called Schelswig like 7 miles away. Also a lot of dutch communities. i live in NW Iowa, only county on the USA heritage map thats dutch is near here.

100℅ this, Way to be precise argie bro

reminder that this year oktoberfest in south america will have more beer than in germany

I'm part german (among others) ancestor speaking but I've never celebrated it, I'm really not much into alcohol/beer to be honest. Not that at few moments Ill have one but I've never met my really drunk self.

Fuck yeah, keeping it gangster in the Nasty 'Nati.

We do. Local one called shutzenfest. Lot of Germans here. Used to hear German often up til 1980s. Church services in German til 60s

Midwest
& USA ++
polka fest & Oktöberest turnt up here

They do.

Fuck you faggot and NO we will not support any muslim holidays at any schools or companies.

My town used to, but the rising number of Hispanics made everyone uneasy.

It used to be huge, the town even had special bussing during oktoberfest.

Because *avarians are fucking retarded

What are you bros currently brewing?

I've got an Imperial Stout that I just put into secondary yesterday.

what the hell is wrong with your airlock??

you do know not a lot of people actually celebrate this in germany right?
It's mostly a bavarian thing (different to german) and it's more of a meme to rip off tourists than a tradition. The traditional way to go to the Wiesn requires standing up super early and enjoy it is something most tourists (even German ones) can't be bothered with/don't get.

top jenkem

>Just good for raping german sluts if you are into it.
more like australian ones

Theres a place near me that imports za germanz and play their muaic and such

the german immigrant population where I live is rather high and there's a lot of places around here that celebrate actual oktoberfest

you pretty much have to live in the midwest or somewhere surrounding it to have a high german ethnicity population

Here in Forest Hills, Queens, New York, there is a fucking restaurant on Yellowstone Boulevard called Manor Oktoberfest.
Me being an Austrian Jew went in there and tried to speak my "German" but curse this damn dialect!

La Crosse, WI fuckface. we literally import people to celebrate and it's HUGE! Not the biggest but still HUGE

WE

it's celebrated all over in heavily germanic regions: minnesota, pa, etc.

because we have no harvest to celebrate