youtube.com/watch?v=tk0i0yTPJBY
rifftrax.com/angels-revenge
twitter.com/michaeljnelson/status/796228175944622080
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHERE'S THE FUCKING TORRENT MAN.
I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE PLS I'M DESPERATE

www.netflix.com

It's $10 a month you dumb bitch

And the first month's a free trial, even.

I already pay for it you faggot.
This wasn't released in my country's Netflix.

All of Netflix free now on The Pirate Bay, subscribe now!

sucks to be you huh

I watched the first episode last night. It was honestly mediocre, no laugh out loud moments, but I'll give a few more episodes a try before deciding if I really like or dislike it. MST3K is one of my top shows of all time so it's very strange watching this, it feels like a high budget remake of something that was always supposed to be low budget. I was always more of a Mike guy too so this Jonah guy isn't really doing it for me as the host. The new bot voices seemed fine, they were pretty good actually. I'm still trying to figure out why there are a bunch of segments with that band playing, I'd completely cut that. The opening with Wil and Erin was weak too. Patton and Felicia as the new Mads seemed like they weren't fleshed out at all, but I guess there is time for that. Talking more about their characters could have been used instead of that Wil Wheaton opening though. I hope they shorten the credits too, I don't know if they can due to needing to thank their whatever website that was backers, but that was excessive as fuck, it was like six minutes of credits to get to the sting. All in all it wasn't offensively bad so I guess that's saying something. Plus I don't remember any politics related jokes so that was really nice and surprising.

>First skit of the season is better than any skit in the original show

Hmmm.

No it wasn't. You really thought that was better than "When Loving Lovers Love", "Patrick Swayze Christmas", "Canada sucks", or any of those old great musical numbers? Fuck outta here.

the skits were always ass, I would avoid them and never cared much for them

t. watched four episodes

fuck off shills.

No I just skipped every skit because they were trash.

Is it comfy like the old show?

>starcrash

MY FUCKING DICK

What are the funniest episodes from the original MST3K?

>patton "murdered my wife" oswalt
>felecia "lol so quirky ekks dee" day
Never dropped a show so fucking fast before

>TFW I realized she was the girl in Maniac and the Last Horror Film.

I bet she and Spinell boned.

So you have a shit opinion. Congratulations faggot.

Not really. It feels too polished, and there's something off about it.

honestly since the show required so much effort to be a fan of when it was airing, any top lists on the internet will be pretty reliable. A lot of what people say are the best are among the ones netflix released. I really like Manos Hands of Fate, Mitchell, and Pod People. Other ones that are considered classics are Final Sacrifice, I Accuse My Parents, and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Final Sacrifice, Werewolf, Space Mutiny.

>They did it
It's surprising but they mostly did. Drop the camel, give the jokes more time to breathe,
change Jonah/Tom/Crow's voices so they're more distinct and easier to tell apart and it's surprisingly decent.
Also FREE TOM'S ARMS. FREE TOM'S ARMS. HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO GESTURE AND SHIT GIVE ME MY GODDAMN SLINKIES

It was a legimately well done song.

The second episode Cry Wilderness is better than first episode and Felicia isn't really in the show that much anyway

(Plus the Mads were always over the top/hammy so her performance isn't as bad)

Also if dr forestor turned into a baby when Pearl took over when did he have a daughter ?

this is a surprisingly accurate description.

I have every one of the old eps on vhs, even tape traded for the KTMA shows. I still watch old mst3ks to get to sleep, supreme comfy of all time.

I wanted to dislike the show as another cash-grab reboot, but despite not liking things, I cannot say I hate it. I'm watching it.

To add what the others mentioned, Secret agent super dragon, final justice, laserblast

Eh, i didn't like it.

I love the vintage Oscar Isaac movie they riffed on. It was a good combination of Cave Dwellers, Quest of the Delta Knights, and just a dash of Final Sacrifice in showing the love between a stupid boychild and a puffy, alcoholic father figure that emerges from the woods.

im so jealous of your collection dude

>Tom Servo and Jonah sound the same when riffing!

I wanted to say something like "now that I've watched a few episodes, Tom and Jonah's voices don't feel that similar."

But goddamn. They really are. It's an issue. Maybe in the next season they can run Tom's lines through some post-processing to just drop him down an octave or something that's still natural but makes it more distinguishable.

Final Justice is great.

>tfw got the uncensored version just so I could see those skanky Maltese ladies uncensored nudity for the first time
>Ended up ashamed of myself and disappointed that I fapped to that censored scene paused on a VHS tape when I was a kid

Please tell me Wil Wheaton isn't in it past the first episode.

I'm on Carnival Magic episode. This movie is bad and the riffing isn't saving it at all.

Been enjoying the series so far. All complaints are parrots of what everyone else said:
-Tom's voice is hard to distinct between everyone elses
-Tom likes to fly around the theater way too fucking much
-Host segments are still bad.
-Cram too many jokes back to back after a single line of movie dialogue giving no room for a joke to settle

he's not in it past like the first three minutes. after that speed bump, you're probably good to not accidentally encounter him for another 3-4 years until he shows up unexpectedly as the waiter in a restaurant you're eating at, or in your closet one morning when you're getting dressed.

just power through.

lel okay thanks user.

thanks, it took years. I started taping during the Turkey Day marathons in 1990 - the KTMAs were so difficult to trade for and to be honest taping the last season of SciFi almost seemed like work just to have the complete set .

Shit back in college, I made 500-800/month US$ trading complete X-Files and MST collections online - only Sony premium grade T-120s, SVHS quality so only 2 EPs per tape. X-Files made me more money but damn the MST fans would pay such a premium. Good times.

Was anyone else in the fan club?

I have all 3 versions of MST Poopie and each fan club newsletter since August 1992. Plus 3 mint bumper stickers lol. I guess, sooner or later, it pays to like things once in a while. It's a shame everything sucks now. Maybe it's just me.

Why the fuck was Wil in it at all? They couldn't get literally anyone else? Does Joel not have that Paul Latza money and he couldn't get John De Lancie?

oh. hey. another oldfag. did you ever go on alt.tv.mst3k? we probably argued. i was the guy with opinions TOO REAL for everyone else.

>10 cents have been deposited into your account

Cheap easy "normie nerd"cameo. Also; he's practically grafted to Felicia day. Probably came for free cause he's boot licking desperate to be noticed.

Joel does have the money cause cause Jerry Seinfeld, Mark Hamil and Neil Patrick Harris make cameos.

>10 cents have been deposited into your account

Is that a Rain World reference?

>Tom Servo flying

eh, I liked when Mike picked him up.

Shut the fuck up Sup Forumseddit. Just because some people here actually want to discuss TV shows that just came out instead of posting faggot forced memes and preteen girl feet doesn't mean they are "LE SHILLS XD". Kill yourself you fucking retarded nigger.

I think Joel knew Jerry from the early stand up days, Hamill and Harris are geeks and probably not that expensive.

Watching him get gunned down in that movie was so gratifying after watching TNG.

>It's really here

And its really mediocre, doesnt feel like the original at all.

>I think Joel knew Jerry from the early stand up days

That's probably true. I keep forgetting Joel was in Stand up.

Yeah I figured Wil either asked to be in that part himself or got Felicia to ask Joel. It was nice seeing Erin Grey as a blonde and still hot even though she's like 80 though. I'd still fuck her.

He was a prop comic like Carrot Top.

It was funny and anyone who says otherwise is just contrarian faggot like everyone else on this shithole of a board.

I did indeed.

do you remember the taping trading offers from someone in Washington, DC - with autistic detailed show listings and ONLY HQ 2 shows per tape requirements? lol, man I almost miss those days.

also, general reminder that rifftrax exists. and cinematic titanic. Check it out if you want a nice dose of the original people.

I watched unedited Werewolf just to see the red headed woman's boobs. Pretty nice

Also I wanted to hear the guy say "Dracula's a faggot"

Totally worth it

Some of them are triggered incels from Sup Forums that are furious, FURIOUS that a show would have a black person AND women, rather than logically just choosing one or the other to stand quietly behind the white men. I don't consider those guys contrarian so much as the prevailing opinion at this point.

Sup Forums currently serves as the flagship board for this internet shit-barge, supplanting how Sup Forums was the de facto standard bearer for the last decade.

Joel has like a 3 second cameo in Jerry's original hbo stand up special back in the 80s
And Jerry makes a MST3K reference on his show when they are going to see Plan 9.
(What am I going to do? Make sarcastic comments to myself)

I assume they are actually friends in real life.

Ayyy why no Joel on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee? Somebody with internet clout make that happen.

>...that are furious, FURIOUS that a show would have a black person AND women

bullshit, sure there are a few here and there but look where you are, of course that's going to happen
most of the criticism, the vast vast majority, has to do with actual show quality
stop looking for easily dismissed critiques. It's easy to lump someone who doesn't like it into the "they must be racist" category, it takes much more effort to read and understand their criticism.

also you are a lazy nigger faggot.

God forbid anyone have an opinion different from you. I can see some people being like this but I'm not one of them and I found it to be far below my expectations.

I'm enjoying it a lot.

Growing up MST3K was the weird show that I would sometimes discover when I was over my grandmother's house if I got lucky while flipping around channels.

One of my friends had a copy of the movie on VHS that we'd watch all of the time.

Finally when I got into high school I was able to find more episodes online, and then in college it was on Netflix and we would have viewing parties all the time.

So it feels nice that it's back. Very comfy.

>Jonah Ray
>Nerdist

Not even once.

>"When Loving Lovers Love"
It's a "Pearl ruins the best episode" episode

>making something worse than the films you are riffing on
wew

best invention exchange: the ziploc storage unit that keeps stale pop stars fresh

joel era, starring mike nelson as Morrissey

i cried then i cried then i died then i creid and i cried some more...

prove me wrong

Yeah. I've been in these threads for a few days and it feels you can only go so many posts before someone refers to it as an SJW fiesta or complains about Patton's tweets like that shit matters. But I guess it's realistically just a handful of people trying to be loud with shitty opinions that aren't even predicated on the quality of the reboot.

Also, you're a gross sloppy bottom with a prolapsed colon hanging so low out of your asshole that it routinely gets closed in the door behind you when leaving a room. Fag.

Someone never completed his Johnny Longtorso

>it's realistically just a handful of people trying to be loud with shitty opinions that aren't even predicated on the quality of the reboot
you hit the nail on the head, which is to say, my thoughts exactly.

lol

this. I actually wanted them to shutup so I could watch the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=tk0i0yTPJBY
Today it would be a blind box purchase where 60% of the time you get the right arm

Dr. Forrester turned into a baby and Pearl was going to try raising him right, but got distracted so when he became he grew up again to be the same asshole she killed him in his sleep.

Plenty of time for him to have a kid. Also could have made one with science.

JOEL OR MIKE
WHY AND WHY NOT

I was full-on joel until mike. then MITCHELL. then I got used to mike. then both. then I watched joel for the retro japanese movies and best eps, but pretty much preferred mike. now, both with rifftrax as my go to because it has the voices I'm used to.

Feels like it gets a bit boring after Wizard of the Lost Kingdom 2

Mike. I've enjoyed his episodes more. Doesn't have the prop skits. He has that dry voice that I enjoy listening to over Joel's sorta smug tired sounding one.

The Wizards of the Lost Kingdom Rifftrax is a thousand times funnier than the new MST3K episode was. It really made me realize how much Mike meant to MST3K even during the Joel seasons when comparing the two.

Shame it's no longer available.

>They keep making Manspreading jokes
>They did a mansplaining joke
>For some reason they keep making occulous riff jokes

I'm 30 minutes into the Christmas episode and Im really tempted to skip it.

I doubt it could compete with the other two Christmas episodes. Guess they felt obligated to do another so Jonah could have Christmas episode along with Joel and Mike's.

The older episodes also had a lot of dated humor in them too, as does Rifftrax. It's part of the genre really.

i'm basically in the same boat as this guy

also as much as i love the joel episodes, most rips of them online are in terribad quality and it makes them hard to watch on a larger screen, so i usually end up picking a mike episode if i'm watching with friends

Is it strange ive never laughed at MST3K? It's just a comfy simulator for me.

MST3K is one of those weird things for me.

I am 26, I understood some of the pop culture reference. Some references took a couple seconds to click with me, and then there were some that I flat out didnt get. I was a baby when some of these episodes were made.

I was looking forward to actually being able to go full speed in an episode and understand all the pop culture references in a flash, but it isnt really doing it for me.
Which is weird why I would even think that. Im not really a guy who likes pop culture references

Rifftrax became feminist so you have nowhere else to run.

rifftrax.com/angels-revenge

Shorts are the best for friend watching.

>Gypsy randomly pops up to detract from poor riffs
>Tom Servo flying around to detract from poor riffs
>break filler segments to remind you that Patton Oswalt is a character in this show to detract from poor riffs
>over-reliance on star wars to detract from poor riffs
Kickstarter was a mistake. rewatching Final Sacrifice desu

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:899213744F51F5FB8329E03318D07709D6F1A047

>Give a show to Mike's wife and the lady that played Pearl to make extra money from women who would want to hear that
>OMG RIFFTRAX IS FEMINIST NOW THESE ARE THE END TIMES ;_;

Get fucking real. Let me guess you got your little Sup Forumseddit feefees hurt when Bill called gamergate faggots retarded (you are) and now you're grasping at straws. Mike's a far right conservative that voted for Trump, explain that one you fat weasel.

twitter.com/michaeljnelson/status/796228175944622080

Just started it. The jokes come really thick and fast, they barely give you time for a chuckle. But they honestly can't be faulted for trying TOO hard. Better than not trying at all.

Also, Felicia Day's plot to monetize the MST3K "franchise" is hilarious, and she seems to really like the role. Same with Patton Oswalt. Like, I don't buy their performances at all, but they seem really excited just to be on the set at all. It's probably like a weird fever dream for them.

I am still mad they cut Mike out of the reboot though, that was pretty bullshit. As solid as the new debut is (except for the damn monster song) Joel is still a dick for cashing in and screwing his old buddies over. Best host, but fuck that guy.

>I am still mad they cut Mike out of the reboot though, that was pretty bullshit

They offered Mike a position and he declined (also Trace, Frank and Josh).

Musician and Inventor. Jonah is the modern hipster blend of both Joel and Mike. He can provide the bots upgrades and maintenance, but also has that initial "outsider" relationship.

>What am I going to do? Make sarcastic comments to myself
this is not an mst3k reference

First episode was ok. I can thankfully ignore Felicia Day.

Jonah is no Mike but he could grow on me.

Ayyyyyyyyyyy
>(^.w.^)

>Gypsy randomly pops up to detract from poor riffs
I know what they're up to, they want us to get comfortable with Gypsy becoming a regular riffed. Because you know MST3K is such toxic masculinity with three guys making dumb jokes about movies.

It's bullshit and the new Gypsy voice isn't even remotely funny.

Gypsy being voiced by a woman is actually probably my biggest issue right now.

It just sounds wrong after ten season of her being voiced by guys trying (terribly) to sound like a woman.

I always wondered why Gypsy rarely did any riffs in the old show. I guess because having to puppeteer a giant purple baby carriage for ninety minutes at a time would be physically straining?