Is pic related any good? I don't want to watch a load of shite. Fucking normies keep telling me it was good...

Is pic related any good? I don't want to watch a load of shite. Fucking normies keep telling me it was good, but the last thing I was told to watch was garbage. Should I watch this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SsoVhKo4UvQ
iep.utm.edu/evil-evi/
youtube.com/watch?v=jtVITdhMo2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine Twilight Zone. Now replace every character with a redditor. Thats Rick and Morty.

That fits bretty gud, senpai

Yes it is good. Now fuck off

Nice quads senpai. Not your legs obviously you skinny, virgin fuck.

>10 cents have been deposited into your account

we and all my elementary school friends love the show; it teaches us about philosophy and life

looks obnoxious.

It's Reddit: the show.

So no.

Wait for the contrarian cycle to come back around.

daily reminder that these threads are false flag shilling

It's good, not too much of a fan of the nihilism but I guess it portrays the Wests general mindset today pretty well, that's one of the reasons the show is so popular.

That's what I was wondering. People were explaining how deep it was, but it really just sounded like shit tier existentialism.

>I base my opinions of the fact that it's so popular and referenced ad nauseam on plebbit.
Well I see the logic behind your thoughts, but if the show was unpopular I wonder what you would think.

Well I love existentialism, and nihilism is really fun too. Would I like this show?

>expecting a show that is meant to be fun to get into deep philosophy

Doesn't stop the, from pushing shit tier philosophy and trying to be deep does it? Fuck off.

Them

autism

the greatest thing about reddit and memey is that dan harmon will make sure everything goes to shit quickly

How does it portray the west's mindset today? Not starting shit, just wondering.

How does it push it and try to be deep? It's the underlying theme, that theme is more close to reality than most shows and it is presented in a fun way. I'm not saying that kind of philosophy is a good thing but it is contemporary in the west.

How is nihilism ever not trying to be deep?

youtube.com/watch?v=SsoVhKo4UvQ

Watch the whole lecture, the explanation is better in-depth than me summarising it.

Yeah you should watch it. You should watch everything yourself and decide whether you like it or not. You stupid pretending piece of SHIT.

>Jormeme Redditson
Read some read philosophy, ignorant nigger.

I'm looking for a general consensus, asswipe. I'm not going to waste my time with a show that is considered to be bad by a lot of people. Not saying this is, but I was just wondering if it's overhyped bullshit that I shouldn't spend my time on.

Seems like you're using deep as an insult for something you don't care for. By this logic any philosophical theme in any show is 'deep' when most people are capable of grasping those concepts whether they agree with them or not.
Comes off like that 'dude it's not cool to think faggot' bullshit.

You're going into a show with other people's opinions and biases already in your head. If you can't spare the time for one or two episodes to see if you like a show or not what are you doing wasting your time on television anyway? And you should be aware of the huge disparity of opinions here, you'll get a negative consensus in one thread and a positive thread in another. Think.

Why should I even consider nihilism. It's fucking degenerate. If a show pushes it then it's really quite telling. It's not a valid way of thinking, just edgelords or left wing fags with their lack of morals support it.

I don't watch television that often, hence why I only wanted to see if anyone had an argument to convince me to watch it or not. Think.

I'd give it a shot.

Normies love shouting catchphrases from it which can be a turn off but I feel the show itself makes good use of its sci fi premise in imaginative ways most of the time.

I know a lot of people here have been meming the fuck out of the supposed "edgy nihilism" of Rick's character buts to me its quite refreshing to have a lead character be such an utterly irredeemable asshole.

Episodes are only 20 mins a piece and I'd say once you've seen the first episode you will know whether or not its for you.

First season is okay, second season is hit and miss, s3 so far looks ehh. Whatever you do, stay away from the fanbase.

it's a meme show, taylor made for reddit

No. Expected an okay animated show, since i enjoyed Futurama and parts of Bojack Horseman, Regular Show, etc. I thought it was gonna be in the same vein of show but it turned out to be autistic shit written for literal autistic children.

reddit spacing

I say this literally and unironically: It's Reddit: The Show

Yes it's very good. Both seasons have a couple amazing episodes, a few very good ones, and a couple just so-so. But it's really creative, clever, and has good world building and stuff w/ some occasional heart.

If you are even remotely religious don't watch it. I wanted to behead rick after two minutes of episode 1

Oh come on, nihilism isn't that bad, or invalid. The only people I've heard really opposite it are the ones whose understanding of it never moves past the initial "SO NOTHING MATTERS HUH?! NO MEANING TO LIFE HUH?! SO YOU CAN JUST KILL WOMEN AND RAPE BABIES HUH!? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!" response.

Giving a fuck about how many times a man presses enter.
You truly are the saddest of cunts

It's actually pretty good but I wouldn't want to have friends who'd admit it's good

I also have no friends so process this post accordingly

No, reddit tier garbage for normies.

How the fuck is it good? All traditional western morals are good and the majority of ones found in religion, at least Christianity are also.

Yes, it's very good. Only buttmad manbabies hate it.

But the only Nihilist on the show is a piece of human trash, the show doesn't ever stop showing that he's horrible to everyone, he's a terrible father, a dangerous influence on his grand kids and a miserable narcissistic alcoholic.

I'd say they hit the nail on the head as far as representing people that would call themselves nihilists goes.

>he did it again

Nihilism IS bad and is invalid. If nothing matters then why continue with life? Why not end it all since whatever you think or do wont matter? If nothing matters why even try in life? And if you don't try in life you just become another useless leech on the system. Its the most retarded DEFEATIST ideology I've ever heard of

Also its a pretty retarded concept in general. society still cares about what people hundreds of years ago so it does actually matter since people find value in it
People need to understand that there are important people and unimportant people. 99.8% are unimportant.

I talked to a Darwinian Nihilist and he seemed like the most retarded person I've ever met in my life. He said people that needed to go the hospital should just die. But when I asked him about his parents/family/friends he just said "Well haha I mean like some people obviously should be saved."

Watched some of the first episode. Really boring, though I suppose I have a hateful predisposition towards it. I'll continue watching it anyway

Sorry, I was just thinking of existential nihilism, which I find fascinating.

Moral nihilism, which is what you're talking about doesn't interest me a bit and I think it's pretty goofy desu

>Why not end it all since whatever you think or do wont matter?
Human consciousness won't let us people kill themselves. That's part of whats neat about humans, we're not really programmed to be like "Well, time to kill myself" even when faced with horrible situations or thoughts.
There's also the whole thing about how just because you don't see any value in life, doesn't mean that you're suicidal. At all. Like the difference between wanting to die and actually jumping in front of a train are worlds apart.

>reddit

Yeah, you're the one thinking for yourself when you need fucking Sup Forums to convince you to watch a show or not.

Jesus that fan base needs ovened

When did I say I was thinking for myself? I just wanted someone who isn't a Redditor to break down the series for me. Stop making stuff up to try and argue a point.

Yes Rick and Morty is considered bad by most of Sup Forums.

>wahhh. Someone made fun of my sky daddy!

DAILY REMINDER

Planet Earth still going strong

planet earth a shit
planet moon a best

Just marathoned the first 10 minutes of the pilot.

That was a great opening. But the rest hasn't been very funny, but kinda charming. I also expected more burping.

bump

SHIT ON THE FLOOR

is Beth checking that ass and making a turned on face?

It is a good show, the thing is normies are so basic that the themes Rick and Morty explores blows their minds, they just think Rick and Morty is revolutionary.

Watch it and make a judgement for yourself. You will either like it not.

watching the first season on a 2nd monitor while playing games and drinking.
It's pretty solid, I like the art and the design of all the monsters and aliens.
And the obvious fact that the people involved seem pretty free to make whatever the shit they wanted. Morty can get annoying at times, both the character and the voice. But the rest of the family are cool.

It's a Dan harmon show, you know the creator of Community.

LOL, DAE DRUMPF tax returns? upboat!!

Its one of my favorite animated shows right now. Its decently nihilistic, but normies always gloss over that and say, 'haha shit don't matter lol monkee'

>Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV.
I mean, even for me as a sad misanthropic 30+ alcoholic loser I don't agree with the first two.

Dude, Rick himself is shown to be a hypocrite when he started praying to God when he thought he was in real trouble. Rick is an atheist, but it's not like the show validates this. It's just a characters opinion.

Are your that sensitive that all characters in the media you consume have to have the same views as you?

So, this is why the show triggers people so much? All these pastas about redditors laughing at "God's not real" are just posters that are asshurt a cartoon makes fun of theism?

>Jerry deeply loves his wife and has never cheated on her and always tries to protect his children from danger

We are meant to like him right?

what's with all the hiphop love?

At least give the first three or four episodes a try. You'll definitely know by then if it's your cup of tea or not.

t. Sup Forumscuck dayus voolt LARPer

I'm on the last episode of season 1 now and while I get some people not being into this at all, I don't see what's so hysterically offensively bad about it.

I don't get the nihilism stuff either, yeah, it has a few lines related to bleak philosophy and atheism, but this isn't True Detective, it's a silly cartoon.

Prove God doesn't exist. Prove white people aren't the best. I'll wait.

iep.utm.edu/evil-evi/

>Prove God doesn't exist.

t. Abdul Jal-Mahar of the Anti-Islamophobia League and the Open Borders Comission.

youtube.com/watch?v=jtVITdhMo2g