Somebody help me understand this

>Cypriot Greeks call for unification with Greece
>only one stopping them is Turkey, trying to protect Cypriot Turks
>militant Greek faction tries taking over forcibly
>Turkey invades northern Cyprus to protect Turks living there
>Greeks move south, Turks move north
>Greeks are allowed to (semi)unify with Greece
>Nobody even acknowledges the Turks living in the north

What the fuck? Does the right to self-determination doesn't apply for Turks? Why do Greeks get the win, when they were obviously the aggressors?
And don't tell me Krym-tier shit about those Turks being forced by the soldiers to want separation, i was there and talked to them, those 300 000 people want to be free.

For centuries the Turks enslaved and oppressed the Greek population. They compose like 10% of the islands population yet control half of it's territory. Roaches have a good deal.

because the original inhabitants of cyprus were greeks, """cypriot""" turks are literally immigrants and should fuck off.

They compose 30% of the population and control 35% of territory
They didn't oppress shit, Turks were tolerant as fuck, even acknowledging local orthodox patriarch.

These women and children living in the north were born there and had been living there for centuries, no matter the history, its their home now. This "ancient greek land"/"ancient israeli land"/"ancient nigger land" argument is fucking bullshit in modern politics, it doesn't matter who lived there hundreds of years ago, what matters is who lives there now.

>Turks were tolerant as fuck
They were tolerant as they murdered you, raped your wife and enslaved your child.

because greek culture is better

>>Greeks are allowed to (semi)unify with Greece
Are you a nigger right now? Also didn't you make a thread about Smyrna before?

>Cypriot Greeks call for unification with Greece
Only some of them did.

>militant Greek faction tries taking over forcibly
>Turkey invades northern Cyprus to protect Turks living there

At the time, Greece was a NATO ally, a right-wing military junta supported by the US. Turkey was also a NATO ally. Cyprus was a founding member of the Non-Aligned Movement (not aligned with the Soviets or the US). The Greek-backed coup and the subsequent Turkish invasion both had implicit support from the powers that be.

Connect the dots, my Czechian friend.

This fat nigger needs to die, but not before seeing his "legacy" destroyed before his eyes and the entire world seeing him for what he is.

interesting how nicosia is the last partitioned city in europe

You mean Lefkosa?

>Both NATO allies
>still Greeks get a better deal
Thats what i don't get

>>Greeks are allowed to (semi)unify with Greece
?
>>Nobody even acknowledges the Turks living in the north
That's because it is illegally occupied by Turkish troops you retard.

>Only some of them did.
Pretty much all of them did. There was a referendum and pro-union was 95.7%.

>oppress turkish minority while all they want to do is to coexist in this island peacefully
>turkey comes to defend its people
>turn it into a war
>cry out "occupation" when you get btfod

>Original inhabitants

Buzzword

>the original inhabitants of cyprus were greeks
Before Hellenization, Cyprus was known as Alashiya/Alasiya.

>Some of the Amarna letters are from the king or the ministers of Alashiya. They concern mostly the amount of copper that has been sent from Alashiya and requests for silver or ivory in return. One letter refers to 500 talents of copper (probably about 12.5 tons) and makes excuses as to why so little copper has been sent.
Wait, maybe they were Greek...

I was 12 years old when I learned that Cyprus (or Kypros in Finnish) wasn't a part of Greece. I was shocked.

it's simple actually. we're turks and on top of that majority of the country is muslim. you would be suprised how much hypocrite the """western"" powers are when you look at things from our side.

Greek and Turkish Cypriot have a lot in common genetically speaking. On top of that, Cypriots per se are not only Greek/Turkish but also, Venetian, Frankish and Phoenician so it goes deeper than that. You say Greeks attacked the Turks, however they settled Cyprus from Thessaloniki first and were always a majority. What I don't understand though is the role that Britain plays in modern day's Cyprus with their base and buffer zone. Is it to prevent a war or possible mainland Greek/Turkish invasion? Also, how about the high number of Russians buying real estate in Limassol lately?

The Anglos are the true natives, but they have been pushed into small reserves sandwiched between the Greeks and Turks
Spread this before the Eternal Cypriot destroys the truth forever

>Greek and Turkish Cypriot have a lot in common genetically speaking
Not really
Turkish Cypriots are predominantly Iranid (Kurdish)
Greek Cypriots are half gypsy and half arab

Recent Turk migrants coming from the mainland are their own thing, I agree, but the ones who have been living there for centuries have gone through a lot of admixture as Cyprus has been invaded by lots of peoples (Euros, Middle easterners, and even North Africans)

The originial inhabitants of Cyprus are Dutch you fucking losers

>Also, how about the high number of Russians buying real estate in Limassol lately?
Yeah i noticed that too, like every few km there was some modern villas village with signs in azbuka, wtf

I am talking about now. The Turkish army has no reason to be at Cyprus anymore.

So just because they are illegally occupied that means those people don't deserve to be free? Thats fucking retarded

Anyone that defends the right of Afrikaners and Anglo Africans to remain in South Africa and Zimbabwe should also defend the right of muslims to remain in Spain, Ulster Scots to remain in Northern Ireland and Turks to remain in Cyprus

They deserve it, but Turkey itself doesn't recognise the Cypriot state. They want 2 states to be established/ unification that would benefit the Turkocypriots. However the Anan plan failed.

>The proposal was supported by 65% of Turkish Cypriots, but only 24% of Greek Cypriots.
>meanwhile it would change territory hugely in Greek favor
No matter how i look at it, Greeks are huge fucking cunts