SKI JUMPING LARGE HILL - QUALIFICATION

Get in here ski jumping bros.

Practice rounds looked interesting, qualifcation is already underway.

Geiger starting for germany instead of Leyhe after winning an internal shootout AGAIN, despite Leyhe holding the hill record here.

Other urls found in this thread:

wyborcza.pl/7,154903,22866741,wojciech-kuczok-stoch-lat-niech-zyje-nam.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm still choked after last competition.

>Richard Freitag starting again for Germany after his injury
Does anyone on here know if he is already jumping decent again? Or do >we have to hope for Wellinger to win his 2nd gold?

>Large hill
Why are they only jumping ~115m? They did the same distance on the small hill.

Youtube videos/comments in previous threads suggested they'd be going 200+ m.

His first competition after his crash was ski flying and he was immediately back on it. No problems there.

He can definitely win a medal here, but there are plenty of jumpers who can. I personally would bet on a norwegian taking gold this time.

Freitag has been consistently top 3-8 in training, he has a small chance of podium. Kamil, Johansson and Forfang are the top favourites with Wellinger with a chance as well. Kamil was very convincing yesterday and today in trial, I think he's the clear favourite. Depends on the winds though, in yesterday's back win no one could beat Kamil.

Geiger has a surprise chance as well, he's been very consistent on this hill.

200m happens on ski flying hills, which are not olympic, so whoever told you that was either american, australian, or an idiot.

Large hills can vary quite a bit, this one has a hillsize of 142m or so i believe and we already saw a 136m jump.

Korean guy sucked, crowd was really sad

Nice job by Aalto, the Finns are doing surprisingly well.

I really hope the wind isn't blowing like this tomorrow, though - small tail wind would be perfect, we could really see who's the best jumper. And that would probably be Kamil, not Johansson.

wtf these Olympic Athletes from Russia

/doppelterdoppelolympiasieger/ when?

Kobayashi!

W E W L A D

Amazing Ryoyu! The guy's technique is absolutely amazing in head wind, uses all the surface area that's available. Really nice jump.

NOOORRRIIIIIIIIIIIII

Hayböck's getting a top 10 tomorrow, his jumping seems really solid.

HOPP SIMI

Based Ammann, amazing!

You just casted it.

Geiger not as convincing this time around.

Has the old Jap already jumped?

Yes. Not in amazing form right now.

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed, his weakest jump to date here.

Hula's depressed after normal hill I think

>Kubacki always doing the sign of cross.
You guys need to realize, how does this triggers some people. Even some leftist journalist had criticized it.

I really hoped, he could get at least 3rd.

18th bench, they prob didnt anticipated he could fly so long
next jump was from 16th

Johansson's technique is just so strange, always looks struggling and heavy in the air but the jumps themselves are great. Really nice all in all, will fight for medal

Poland is not getting any medals this year. Sreencap this.

>how does this triggers some people. Even some leftist journalist had criticized it.
first time im hearing this. Source?

Johansson seems like a great guy, wouldnt mind him winning gold at all.

checked

>b-b-b-b-bbbbut Norwegians are good only on ski flying

Yeah, the jumps are just lifeless. Why couldn't he have at least won a bronze medal in NH ;__;

wyborcza.pl/7,154903,22866741,wojciech-kuczok-stoch-lat-niech-zyje-nam.html
But this is Wyborcza, so go figure.

Wellinger doesnt look like a gold winner on the large hill to be honest, but i defintely wont write him off.

Really bad jump by Richie. :/

Dude, the top 7 is 6 points difference.
This is tight as fuck.

>tfw you only have one competitive jumper
>tfw he only jumps well in headwind on large hills
well at least we have a replacement for Hájek

Pretty meh jump by Kamil, quite late and a bit too much upward in the first phase of the flight. Not too worried, though, he will improve tomorrow.

Can't really complain about the overall Norwegian performance. Hopefully they'll keep it up tomorrow.

>Hannawald asking Katharina Althaus if she will cook something for the german mens team

fucking kek holy shit
this fucking guy

yeah, looking forward to it

Oh yeah i thought so it would be those fucking jews. Wyborcza should be illegal, subversive pieces of shit.

>we promote diversity
>but we shame catholics

kek, i suppose in your country such thing is deemed "offensive"?

considering that our population is about 80 years old on average, not really.

But amongst the younger, leftist brainwashed population this could be interpreted as sexism - "assuming stereotyped gender roles" or some other bullshit ;)

women belong in the kitchen lmao, make me a sammich ;)