Swedes, danes and finns all agreed in a recent poll on that Oslo is the best nordic capital

Swedes, danes and finns all agreed in a recent poll on that Oslo is the best nordic capital

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WKyAb0QMcNA
youtube.com/watch?v=pbWuhyujhP4
youtube.com/watch?v=G6xriAtmnNc
youtu.be/4EoUz39nPMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oslo unironically looks like a third world country

A capital must have +1 million citizen

sweden looks worse

no

how? It is objectively the worst in every way. Nothing to do, everything is expensive, shitty architecture, shitty nightlife, niggers everywhere.

Atleast Copenhagen and Stockholm are beautiful cities

If by Sweden you mean some random working class town? Sure thing. Stockholm? No way.

It is clearly lerwick, big cities are all shit anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=WKyAb0QMcNA

Oulu is the northern capital of scandinavia

>shitty architecture

atleast the opera building is one of the nicest one in all of Europe

the fucking ending

Stockholm > Copenhagen > Oslo > Helsinki

every single one of those boxes look abysmal desu

Ummm.... sorry sweaty, but no.

My fucking sides.

Oslo is the shittiest capital city in northern Europe desu. It looks so fucking boring.

I've never been to anyother Nordic capital except Helsinki but they all look the same telling from pictures.

Do you even get snow down in southern Europe?

talk about helsinki to us

Nice memes.
Not sure about Stockholm tho but atleast Oslo has half naked grills who eat flames just like they do in Copenhagen
youtube.com/watch?v=pbWuhyujhP4

>the Norwegian pays 1000 kroner for this shit and is proud of it
the absolute fucking state of norway

copenhagen looks the best
lervík

Umm, sweetie. All cities are shit but helsingborg is the best of them all.

>expensive
>5/5 public transportation
>not too big, not too small
>southern Helsinki is bretty gud
>eastern Helsinki is a shithole due to immigrants and poor people concentrating there

The absolute state of norweigan women

>This dane had to pay 100.000 kr in taxes just to write this shiet

>finland
>europe
what a paska kaupunni

give me 1 (one) reason why oslo shouldn't be drowned in napalm

tell us more about southern helsinki

It's degenerate and full of weak people and traitors

how is that bretty gud?

Fug:D Oulu is so shitty place to live that my embarrasment actually turned into proudness. The video is just perfect.

Those small crowded places they have in Copenhagen. Guess what, you'll find them in Oslo too, and they are even better
youtube.com/watch?v=G6xriAtmnNc

Oslo is the worst of Norwegian cities by far. Bergen and Trondheim are on entirely different level. Why did choose the single one of your cities that sucks even by Finnish standards when you have such beautiful towns like Ålesund.

>peaceful
>expensive compared to rest of Helsinki
>people living there are usually at least upper middle class
>no bums, junkies or immigrants or shady people in general
>nicely outside the center, all the stores and malls are close by yet no need to stand the amount of people

is it more comfy than your city?

I think Helsinki was the best city in the world to live in after some Anglo cities

Not quite sure though

I've lived here for a couple of years. I wouldn't settle down here though, but I don't wonder why many people want to.

Official ranking:

Copenhagen > Stockholm >>> Helsinki >>>> Oslo

I still think Stockholm is prettier than Copenhagen but overall it's the better city

Recalled correctly

Oslo is nice too but if I had to choose where to live in Norway it wouldn’t be Oslo

going to funland now

Make sure to time it between June and August. Fall and winter can be brutal if you're not used to the weather.

dont finns drink more during cold months? i want to go then

>Central Position

Stockhom > Copenhagen > Oslo > Helsinki

Not really, it might actually be the other way around. Summer holidays and beer go well together.

:D

cyberpunk dystopia/10, would not want to live in

Found this from Forbes

Wouldn't surprise me, it's fucking impossible to find a reasonable apartment in Stockholm unless you're a millionaire.

I live in Helsinki suburban area in connected house, this cost 450000€. Not heapest one, but with kids it is better than living in downtown.

Bit on the high side, but not too bad. The average price per m^2 in Stockholm municipality is 7600€.

*And 6000€ per m^2 for detached houses (villa).

>Australia
Chink shithole with flies.
>Austria
G*rmans live there.
>Canada
More like Vancuckver.
>NZ
Good.
>Finka
Even colder Petersburg, really makes me think.
>G*rmany
Ha.

>Oslo is legendary for great architecture among architects
>Swedes and Danes on Sup Forums will always shit on it because it's modern, and of course because they will never be caught saying something nice about norway
/thread

Scandinavia always looks like it's build out of cheap improvised barns.

kill yourself

dutch always sounds like you're choking

Why did you share this of all things, Bjorvika is shit, bad architecture and not built for humans at all. It's nice that you can use the roof of the opera, but the opera is still a bland and cold and a bit generic.

Tjuvholmen in is really nice though, great architecture. Only thing I don't like is the psychological tricks they use to try to scare people away from going there.

cute

>toronto above perth, helsinki, hamburg
into the trash it goes

>Oslo
If you like stepping on heroin needles and are pakistani, it's the city for you

St. Petersburg is a capital of Northern Europe, no doubt

St. Petersburg is weak. I took pictures of a secret russian submarine in Petersburg and the KGB didn't catch me.

How can you even compare?
youtu.be/4EoUz39nPMM

>Oslo is the heroin capital of the nordics
>but only marginally, basically on the very same level as the other capitals
>people starts talking about Oslo as if you will walk on needles

oslo is the only scandinavian capital city that actually stands out

norway was a poor country so oslo didn't get the world class architecture from historical times that stockholm and copenhagen did so oslo didn't get nothing for free so it's quite different

oslo is quite a fun city to be honest, you just gotta know where to look since the typical tourist area is kind of boring

>Murmansk is legendary for great architecture among architects
>Poles and Americans on Sup Forums will always shit on it because it's modern, and of course because they will never be caught saying something nice about Russia
/thread

>Only 4 people in this picture can afford to pay the electric bill.

>american humor

It's truly beautiful. It's a tossup between copenhagen and oslo imo

I visited Oslo during a trip to Norway last year, and I stayed in the hotel in OP's pic. It's called The Thief. I've circled it

I really loved the city, but I haven't been to any other Nordic capitals so I have nothing to compare it to

AMA about my visit I guess

did you bring your Urdu phrasebook from home or buy one at the hotel?

Most Norwegians speak English

>5/5 public transportation

lol, there's so many places you need to take a bus to, even after first getting to the general area with a train. And the trams crawl at a snail's pace

I`m ok with anything but Helsinki.

most pakis speak english

>among architects

Judging by the new stuff being built here, architects seem to have incredibly bad taste in aesthetics. Oslo has some really nice looking older buildings, but I'm not a fan of the modern stuff

absolutely based

That is fucking disgusting.

Well, this is exactly what I mean. On Sup Forums nobody seem to appreciate modern architecture, because everybody wants to larp about muh old buildings. Which is fine. I like the old stuff too. And Oslo has them too, but it's becoming more and more a modern looking city, I guess. At least Oslo isn't filled to its ears with commieblocks.

I mean I don't mind modern stuff too much if it's tasteful. But even then it tends to be pretty sterile and bland compared to the more decorative old styles. This picture is from a new district they're building here and the buildings are just not very interesting. Not bad but just very forgettable

It isn't that old automatically is superior, Tjuvholmen looks great, but most modern architecture looks like trash. The problem is not that it's new, it's that it's visually uninteresting, everything looks the same and it's too far spaced out and often looks hostile too. Tjuvholmen is great because it looks more diverse, different materials and shapes with no too big plain surfaces and it's for the most part dense enough that it's walkable even though it has some slight problems

This is from another new district and this area just "hue hue let's splat different shapes and colors everywhere", it gets pretty obnoxious

that's a residential area friend

It's better than the typical modern architecture approach of gray and glass. Super boring. And it's also better than the normie fad of having grey houses. It's a old tradition of colourful neighbourhoods, and I'd rather they keeping that tradition than making everything the same.

One thing that's bad about the modern houses though is that every house has gap between them, but just small strips of grass. It would be better if they were just built more dense and instead using that strip of grass and collecting them in one place and make a park. Small strips of grass are useless.

It's not tasteful. They're just making up for the boxiness with bold colors everywhere. I don't really know what that house in the back wants to be

Oulu has a Mayor ;)

I think the reason people hate modern architecture is because it's quite often designed by arrogant, intellectual people who are primarily interested in the academic/theoretical side of architecture, and forget that real living people actually have to live and work in and around these buildings. So you end up with buildings that are impersonal, impractical, ugly, and simply not nice or comforting to look at or be around. Other architects might praise their innovation, or their inventiveness, but the people who actually use them are left cold.
But that does not mean all modern architecture is bad.
The reason Tjuvholmen is great is because it was clearly designed with people in mind. It's pedestrianised, it's well-suited for people to hang out and relax, it has nice gardens, sculptures, water features etc. I especially liked the mini beach area at the tip of the peninsula. It was clearly designed to be a nice place for people to be, which is something a lot of modern architecture lacks

you hit the nail on the head, modern architecure has no soul and no ideal to strive for

I agree your buildings in your pics are ugly. But that's not what's being built in Oslo. I mean, you may not like the modern stuff but it's the future whether we like it or not. And Oslo is one capital that is really embracing it, and not in a bad way (imo).

I have to disagree. Those buildings are not really prettier. A little bit of trendy asymmetry doesn't make much difference.

t. not

Isn't that just more of your usual commieblocks, only now they are slightly more modern looking?

It boils down to taste, I guess. But what kind of modern architecture do you actually like?

Björvika only looks good when you see it diagonally from distance. When you get close the gap between the buildings is stupid serving no purpose other than letting a little bit of sunlight into the houses I guess. But they do not look good up close. And it's flat and boring. And walking along the road is annoying, way too many intersections where you need to wait for green light, and not really much to see either. It's cool that you can read about different kinds of trees but that's all there is to see. Every building, store and cafe is very far apart because it's not built to a human scale, thanks to the large gaps between the buildings and most simply having nothing.

I'm not a fan of Barcode at all. I think in general the buildings have poor proportions, they're really slim on one side and wide on the other

I guess, if any apartment building counts as a commie block. The way I see it "commieblock" refers specifically to those grey buildings assembled from pre-fabricated elements

Don't really like modern architecture at all tbqh. If it's really monumentally insane like the Gherkin in London, then it's ok because it stands out as a single, separate "incident". But I find modern architecture a bit pretentious. Like Jackson Pollock. It's fine if you keep it confined, but larger swathes of the cityscape are ruined by its nonconformity.