No NHL players

>no NHL players

Why can't we have a proper international tournament

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20150325145840/http://www.tsn.ca/c-mon-ref-the-lowdown-on-toffoli-1.239220
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Canada still on top
Doesn't matter desu

Its boring when the same countries make the final 100 years in a row

Gary Bettman needed his shekels

well then maybe other countries should gitgud at hockey.

USA hasn't been that good even with the NHL players. Canada has been pretty hit and miss as well.

I think it's actually Finlan who suffers the most as we've medaled 4/5 NHL-included hockey olympics.

How? Canada won 3 of the last 4.

The NHL is too greedy

thats literally it

But failed miserably in Nagano and Turin.

>14 nations
shouldn't be there, what a fucking joke

t. country who just lost against Slovenian zamboni drivers.

That's what you get when USA has the only relevant league and the international federation has no power over it. Same shit happens with basketball all the time.

South American football leagues are actually good comparison with top European ice hockey leagues: The absolute best have moved away but the leagues are still full of great players and talented prospects.

we don't take orders from lesser countries

Except when we can't bring players to the olympics

Make a competitive product then

its the ioc that doesnt want to share.

yeah it sucks

>Why can't we have a proper international tournament
Canada men would win.

Stop this meme. Canada has failed spectacularly even with the NHL players.

You do realize that everyone else, not only Canada and Usa, has their best players in the NHL?

Not for long

>Stop this meme. Canada has failed spectacularly even with the NHL players.
They absolutely have, but they've been far and away the best team the last two Olympics, and they still have the same core group of players. Their defensemen are dominant.

>they still have the same core group of players
no they don't. last Olympics was all NHL guys.

THE DAY OF THE RAKE COMES

Sure but that doesn't mean they'd be dominant this time. Everyone in the top-6 can beat each other in a single elimination game without it being a massive upset.

What I mean is if NHL players were allowed, they'd still have many of the same players who won the last two gold medals. I wouldn't expect the results to be any different, especially with their defensemen.

Sure, it's hockey, anything can happen. A hot goalie can definitely steal a game. Canada's roster would be second to none, though. I'd rather be watching NHL players as well, but this is what we're stuck with.

some of the players from 2014 have retired, and new players have joined the NHL. USA would have had Auston Matthews this time, and Canada would have had Connor McDavid.

because everyone who likes hockey is a fucking brainlet

>because everyone who likes NHL is a fucking brainlet
fixed
on a bigger rink with less made-for-tv theatrics, it's a decent sport. NHL is WWE on ice though

Yeah we crashed out of it pretty hard. Just couldn't score, and we had a tough game in the quarters against the Russians. Anything can happen with those guys.

Still 2010/2014 and the 2016 WC made us look dominant.

NHL is genuinely an embarrassing league

Completely mismanaged, blatantly rigged, disgusting

>Why can't we have a proper international tournament

Because no-one plays this sport except USA, slavs, and countries that touch the arctic circle

>flag
r u an athlete

How's South Korea? You living there or visiting?

North America, Nordics, Russia and Central Europe are very lucrative markets though.

The real reason is NHL and their monopoly.

Pros have no business being in the Olympics, let it be all amateurs

Last month of my contract. I had fun but can't wait to get out desu. There's a lot of korea-only bullshit that goes on here. Work culture is totally fucked.

No but I'm going to 3 hockey games today

So beer league guys? NCAA players don't even want to go because they already missed classes for WJC. Everyone else is a professional.

>Work culture is totally fucked.
That seems to be the case with many Asian countries.

The olympics is supposed to be young and amateur athletes. Its not about being the best in the world, its to inspire a new generation of athletes.

How's it rigged?

Yeah, but Hockey at the Winter Olympics and Basketball at the Summer ones are the closest things we had to World Cups for those sports.

And no, the FIBA and IIHF meme tournaments don't count.

Kerry Fraser, longest serving NHL referee in history, wrote an article in which he stated he thinks the NHL takes a teams standings into account when handing out suspensions for players, thus influencing which teams are successful

and that's just the way that has been confirmed

web.archive.org/web/20150325145840/http://www.tsn.ca/c-mon-ref-the-lowdown-on-toffoli-1.239220

NHL will choke this sport to death. By now it's pretty much inevitable cause KHL failed in establishing itself as an alternative.

The time of looking down at IIHF world championship is over. Now it's the best international tournament we have.