Is this flag really racist? I thought it was a symbol of white nationalism until I traveled to Mississippi...

Is this flag really racist? I thought it was a symbol of white nationalism until I traveled to Mississippi. I saw the flag everywhere when i went there. Even in black owned restaurants and blues clubs. This shocked me as a Northerner. The people I asked said it means and I quote "I'm not a Yankee, and we just don't care what they think"

How should I feel about this flag? I don't quite buy the liberal narrative that it's a symbol of racism anymore.

It's not racist, but racists like using it.

Racists used to fly the American flag before the 60s

Go back home faggot.
Its a fucking regional thing, hillbilly niggers use it as well obviously.

Well think about it like this
If you are white, it's not a big deal
If you are black, and you see that flag from the time it was made, til maybe the early 90s, you ran like hell.
One side has the heritage argument. The other has a noose, or was tied to a stake.
You kinda have to look at it like that.

>northerner

git the fuck out of the south, yank

it's a Southern pride thing. Virginia didn't secede for slavery.

So what if something is racist?

Nope but I still fly it high and wear my Confederate belt buckle to trigger niggers,

It can be used in a racist manner, but the flag alone is not racist. I know a lot of very friendly people who fly the Confederate Battle Flag because of their Southern roots. I consider the American South to be a semi-autonmous region like Catalina, Quebec or Kurdistan, and as such, this is their flag.

That said, as the flag of a foreign nation, a separatist army no less, shouldn't have been flown on any statehouse post-Reconstruction.

I hate home though. The taxes are insane and gun laws are horrific in New York.

Southern pride, culture, way of life. People argue it's racist because slaves were an essential part of southern life back then. What those same people don't seem to realize is that it's possible to live that life now without slaves.

Essentially most people not from the South think that flying that flag = supporting slavery.

As an outsider, I think its reasonable for northerners to ban this flag after what Boltons did.

>Is this flag really racist? I thought it was a symbol of white nationalism until I traveled to Mississippi. I saw the flag everywhere when i went there. Even in black owned restaurants and blues clubs. This shocked me as a Northerner. The people I asked said it means and I quote "I'm not a Yankee, and we just don't care what they think"
>How should I feel about this flag? I don't quite buy the liberal narrative that it's a symbol of racism anymore.
Nothing racist about it, it is a symbol of honor and military pride, the people of americana fly it proudly and no one gives them shit for it.

Meh. I never saw a black man use that flag besides Kayne West.

No, but people who made the flag were most likely racists themselves.

fuck you

Bill Clinton liked the flag. Blacks like Clinton for some odd reason.

All I know is my University flipped shit when people drew it on the side-walks with chalk

pic related to this thread

It isn't racist but 90% of people who wear it/wave it. Are dumb racist bigots. That's why people don't like it. Tall tell sign your retard or racist

A FUCKING LEAF

This guy says it's racist