How is the American Revolution taught in British history?

How is the American Revolution taught in British history?

it's not

i don't remember it coming up to be frank.

Some dudes did some crap and and the British decided they weren't worth fighting

Why not? Is it too big of a blow to your fragile english ego?! BAHAHHA

>Most professional army in the world
>Gets btfo by a bunch of redneck rebels with very little training

I wouldn't teach that either if I were you cunts.

I wonder why.

Yea, I dont think in the UK they teach them about the american revolution

I can see why, it must be quite embarrassing. If you're lucky, the historians of centuries to come will also gloss over the fact that we have military bases on your frosty little island

>Continental Army
>Rednecks
no.

>Accepting frog help
>10,000 worn out southerners being pros
k

its not

never came up in the curriculum

the rest of the world doesn't revolve around you cunts despite your gravitational pull

I live by Washingtons Crossing in New Jersey and act every Christmas in the reenactment of crossing the Delaware to slaughtered Brits. In the summer I go tubing on the river and drink beer with my friends on the floating cooler. My neighbor has a house that hosted Washingtons army. How do you Brit losers think about that? You probably need a permit to tube and I can bring my shotgun.

Guess it's not taught in America either.

yeah we didn't do the american revolution in school. we did the russian revolution though

we also didn't do much about lots of other phases of british history. that's what happens when you have a country with a history as long as the uk, you have to miss a lot of stuff out.

i also bet that there is a lot of stuff about the american revolution that isn't taught in american schools. for example, that it had popular support in the uk and was backed by some uk politicians

>lose so bad they erase history from you

Top kek

We have a shitload of history to learn about our country m8 and whilst clearly it's a huge part of American history and culture etc it doesn't really register very highly with us at all.

Not trying to be insulting lid, it's your independence and it should be a big deal in America as it shaped your nation, it just isn't taught here as I guess we have more important events in our history to learn about.

Are you talking about the American Revolution or the Vietnam War friendo?

Britain only feels bad about governing non-whites without consent.

Seems like they don't teach it in America either

Get the fuck off pol, naive amerifat. I'd recommend an app like ifunny for you

We don't even do much British history desu.

>create the country that saves your asses twice
>not a big deal

The delusion is real.

The constitution and founding fathers are taught more often.

We've got thousands of years to go through m8 we had more than one colony rebel on us.

>saves your asses twice

>The delusion is real.

it certainly is

This

Hahaha Wow. Could you bongs be more triggered?

We made Russia now?

in seriousness, history lessons were more like a series of "case studies" looking at particular events in history, not a comprehensive timeline of events from the neolithic to the modern day. i think the exact subjects were chosen by the school from a list of potential subjects made by the government, but that's a guess. i wouldn't be surprised if the american revolution was on the curriculum somewhere. i vaguely remember being taught about the french revolution.

obviously we found time for the obligatory lessons on the slave trade and nazis.

you're trying too hard dude. Just let your inner yankee flow and the trolls will follow

>its an "American thinks the US rambo'd both world wars" episode

wEw

>rely on the french and spanish to get you out of waist high shit
>forget about them
>celebrate with a holiday dedicated to corporations slinging cheap beer to take advantage of muh patriotism
Top kek indeed

Say what you want, but I like the Brits.
Who else could have given up a continent to rationalize an insane monarch?

Taxation, rights of land owners, bank of england being cunts, and a batshit king who fucked it all up.

Sound about right?

It certainly is. Honestly. Shut the fuck up. It's like you're embracing the Americunt stereotype

This is the sad reality in both countries. We don't learn our own histories, not likely to learn other people's.

England has a very rich and interesting history. I like learning about it. They roots of American liberty stretch back to liberties and rights secured by generations of Englishmen.

its not
we only learn about islamic history and that saying anything about brown people is literally the worst thing in the universe

>i think the exact subjects were chosen by the school from a list of potential subjects made by the government,
They are.
My school studied the American west from 1840-1900, along with the history of protest as optional modules.
Alternates were Germany 1919-1945, or Russia during the Bolshevik uprising IIRC, along with a load more I don't remember.

nah man, its a holiday devoted to Explosives. Everyone has one of those, the holiday where you blow a lot of shit up.

The beer is just a facilitator

>worn out southerners being pros
Francis "Swamp Fox" Marion, I could talk about my ancestors in particular who were Veterans from Switzerland.

There were a bunch of people with actual military experience on the US's side.

But honestly the US revolution was basically your Vietnam which is probably why they don't like to teach it in the UK.

Think you need to brush up on your European history pal.

What we do learn about America over here though is about the depression in 1929. its effects on your population and how that affected your country and why it happened..isolationism and all that. We learn about the TVA and public works programs. We also do a bit on your role in WW2 plus some Vietnam as well, but in a more global perspective.

>We don't even do much British history desu.

I'm sure your school system is perfectly proud of British accomplishments
>can recite the Quran from memory
>Magna Carta? Is that when I order food individually?

Speak for yourself. When I was going through secondary school, teachers weren't that fucking beta.

Millennial detected.

>we found time for the obligatory lessons on the slave trade

did you?
quite pleased that i finished school before all this shit started

we did some stuff about prehistory, the industrial revolution, the russian revolution and some stuff i can't remember

i remember my history teacher gave me an earful once because my picture of an australopithecus was a bit shit

americans probably don't learn about that stage of history though because most of them believe the world is 6000 years old or some shit like that

got rekt by a bunch of guys with pitchforks
id be embarrassed too m80

No we don't, did you go to a Muslim school or something
Kek

>that it had popular support in the uk and was backed by some uk politicians
No, we're taught this and mainly because a lot of our stuff was based on British documents (Magna Carts) and statesmen/critics (Edmund Burke, Thomas Paine etc.)

>Everyone has one of those, the holiday where you blow a lot of shit up.
Ours is bonfire night, comfy in Winter

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder treason and plot.
We see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Guy Fawkes, guy, t'was his intent
To blow up king and parliament.
Three score barrels were laid below
To prove old England's overthrow.

By god's mercy he was catch'd
With a darkened lantern and burning match.
So, holler boys, holler boys, Let the bells ring.
Holler boys, holler boys, God save the king.

And what shall we do with him?
Burn him!

all we learn about in history is what the teacher happens to pick from a very narrow set of topics.

>some stuff about Harald Hardrada
>some random shit about Henry VIII and his meme wives
>visit some castles

then if you pick history for a gcse you actually learn things, but even then it's very modern history like ww2, cold war, nazi germany, stalins russia, the troubles. its sad really.

Why would you be like this? Like honestly? I wanted to actually know how it was taught and you just make them hate us. Why?

Clap

Here's a (you) from me

>was basically your Vietnam
It took 6-8 weeks to cross the Atlantic back then and we were fighting the frogs at the same time, it's not even comparable.

Honestly Britain it seemed like you were kind of looking for an excuse to make Guy Fawkes Day a holiday.
>Lets celebrate that time that Parliment DIDN'T blow up!
>BY BLOWING THINGS THE FUCK UP
>That fits right?

What do they teach you about December 16, 1773?

Couldn't the argument be made that learning about the American Revolution is more important then other parts of your history because the US is still one of the biggest players on the global stage. I mean besides Cromwell the magna carta and the battle of sterling what else do you really need to know.

Looks like we've got ourselves a classic Americunt.

It's not, and if so its not a big deal. The British empire sailed for 500 years, it's a speck of dust to the grand scale of things.

When Britain lost America they gained India, far more valuable.

Actually the proper tradition is to burn an effigy of Guy Fawkes, people call the effigy "The Guy"

It doesn't, like how we don't cover the War of 1812 in the states. Even when it is covered, they say it's a tie.

Canada+UK invaded the US and burned down the white house, we never even got to the UK. It wasn't a tie, it was a bitch slap so the UK could go back to its other business uninterrupted.

No country discusses their losses well.

We burn effigies of him on bonfires, that's how it works right?
Though down here in Somerset we have carnivals around that time of year too.

You realise we created the modern world, right?

Checked and righto mate

Did you go to a private school? Because the general answer I'm getting is that they don't teach much history in the main public schools in the UK.

Does any other country really come close overall in anything ?

we won

are there any specific foods you eat for it?

England history

>be once greatest power in world
>sun never sets on the empire
>have some cuck king who cant speak
>lose it all
>now muslim country

We're very sorry but this comment is censored because you live in a country that didn't exist during the period in history this discussion refers to.

If you would like to view this comment, please move to a country that existed at that time.

>we did some stuff about prehistory, the industrial revolution, the russian revolution and some stuff i can't remember

yeah, we did the industrial/russian revolution too. i don't want to exaggerate, it's not like it was a constant stream of multicultural propaganda. we learnt about medieval castles, the norman conquest, the (english) civil war and cromwell.

we did vietnam actually too, so there's some american history.

It actually has nothing to do with blowing things up. Historically bonfires were originally used to celebrate the safety of the king, hence the name Bonfire night. Spergs and underclass scum use it as an excuse to spend their bennies on fireworks.

>thousands of years to go
Before the Romans y'all were "Barbarous savages" and were "enriched" by the Romans. Everything after that is good to know stuff but really it only starts just before the Vikings came. I love your history to be honest but it only gets interesting after the Welsh, Anglos, Irish and Scots stop doing the predictable shit

>become leader
>get killed
>repeat

I was doing my Ancestry shit and my line was some weird fucking Glanmorgan Nobles and there were some fucking hilarious things but not really that much detail and not very important to learn for anyone else. (Dude wanted his land back, so he climbed this guys castle with his bare hands and took him and his daughter hostage...he then married the daughter and got the land back).

Its not. In fact the British Empire is barely mentioned at all.

Been a while since I was at school but we started off young Romans, Dark Ages, Vikings, William the Conquerer, Henry VIII, then Elizabeth I when we got to 14 years old.

For GCSE (15 to 16 years old) which is optional, we start at the outbreak of WW1, then Great Depression, rise of Hitler and WW2.

Pretty weird when you think about it, we go from about 500BC to 1600AD. Then we miss out all the Empire stuff entirely and basically do early 20th century world history (1913-1945).

The Rise of Hitler module in particular went on for ages, almost like they were trying to drive into our minds that Hitler and Nationalism is Baaad mkay! I sense left wing teaching unions had a hand in this!

it's a kind of mishmash with pagan traditions. thats why we burn an effigy of a man who was actually hanged.
it happens a few days after halloween. it's basically a pagan fire festival.

incidentally we still have those (fire festivals) on remote corners of these islands too- pic related for example- proper wicker man stuff

Makes sense, I never learned about Oliver Cromwell until I was in college

There's always candyfloss and burgers/sausages being sold at the fireworks displays I guess.

>it's not even comparable
Yes because draining a shit ton of resources to fight some shit war is nothing like Vietnam

Me neither, I kept hearing about the guy intermittently from Irishmen and Englishmen so I was REAL confused for awhile

Everyone generally appreciates the Romans and knows it was an improvement.
We were definitely druid ass forest niggers before that.

I spent 1 and a half years of history learning about the bloody civil rights movement.

>/wMSNBCm
>MSNBC

>despite your gravitational pull

>the Romans

nah. what did they ever do for us, eh?

It isnt even taught in good old Germanistan so i doubt it is in Not So Great Britannia.
After all limeys are still butthurt i guess

>Its not. In fact the British Empire is barely mentioned at all.
Seriously ?! thats a huge part of your history i mean i get that you guys have the whole PC bullshit but they just gloss over like a three hundred year incredibly culturally significant period in your history ? thats fucking retarded

God bless

they teach it at sixth form, but a lot of kids drop the subject before then

american history that is*

Thousand years worth of history to be crammed in, also the American revolution is your history, it's of importance to you, not us. It's about the only thing of importance in your history.

We have many important things in our history, yes more important than a hissy fit by a bunch of tax dodging smugglers.

So, sorry for shattering your precious little American ego.

Roads and hospitals and keeping the fucking Scots out
Building big beautiful walls and sheit

The Romans basically saved the rest of Europe by introducing a bunch of stuff to them the same could be said of Africa, the only difference is that Europe saw that they needed the improvements while Africa would rather live in mud huts and kill each other over stupid shit while raping babies to prevent HIV

well they built roads

Indoor plumbing.
Roads.
Central heating.
Government.
Agricultural reforms.
Philosophy.
Art.
Mathematics.
Architecture.

Need I go on?

>not getting the monty python reference
and you call yourselves british

Oh and the sanitation

Burgerland history

>be a colony of cucks
>rebel
>have your white house burned down
>finally gain independence
>do absolutely nothing for 200 years
>join in on two world wars, the latter at the last minute and pretend you where somehow the biggest contributor
>now a nation of hamplanets, beaners and KANGZ

Kek. I forgot about the slave trade lessons which seemed just crowbarred in from nowhere. I remember the slave-ship plans where all the negroes were packed in head to toe. The brainwashinng seems so obvious now.

Who cares?

How do they deal with WWII in Germany?

>British ability to detect irony

WELL THAT GOES WITHOUT SAYIN DUNNIT?

I'll be the first to say I think Monty Python is shit, therefor would never have gotten the reference.

>After all limeys are still butthurt i guess
Why would we be?

I wasn't alive at the time of the Revolution, so why should I be bothered about it exactly?

Is it because WW2 is still a sore subject and you're projecting your own failures onto me and my people? Is that it?

Please do illuminate me Abdi bin Currywurst, I'm paying attention.

From what I understand, it's taught as a power struggle between the Crown and Parliament. The Revolution isn't really mentioned, except maybe as an effect of the government's power struggle.