Why can't the west write strong female characters as well as Japan does?

Why can't the west write strong female characters as well as Japan does?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=48T5fZJpXmk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Strong female jap character
>She has le big boobs and can le punch things xD

by having the protag half nude constantly? Sure.

so you weren't satisfied with your SnK thread

obviously banned on Sup Forums

Kill la Kill is shit la shit

Also that cunt from Attack on Titan was shit too

>nudity is bad
Literally SJWs.
SnK is shit.

What exactly prevents the both of these characters from being male besides their appearance? I'm all for objectification of women, but writing a female character is substantially different from writing a male character. There's no evidence in Kill la Kill that these two have any feminine interests or characteristics.

I know this is bait but fuck i'm bored

because women in the west aren't strong. They're cum dumpsters who can't think for themselves

>in the west

Not like jap women are much better, they just accepted their place

>There's no evidence in Kill la Kill that these two have any feminine interests or characteristics.
You apparently haven't watched the show.

>Why can't the west write strong female characters as well as Japan does?

haha

Japanese women actually work hard and don't expect things handed to them.
A big part of the anime & manga industry workers are women.

Check yourself.

>strong female characters as well as Japan does
they are just KAWAII UGUU

Because a Japanese audience doesn't bitch about it regardless of what you give them. And enough women show enthusiasm to the writers work to encourage them to keep trying and even do better next time. Where as in the west anything less than an unassailable god like deity that is dressed conservatively will garner critique.
>an unassailable god like deity that is dressed conservatively.

>Creating an impossible standard for girls to live up to.

You can't win, so why try.

Although I would argue there are several strong female characters that are written extremely well that never get any attention.

That's fucking bullshit. A character can being strong AND female without the way it's strong being necessarily related to her femininity.

lrn2read, kid

Japan only seems less cringy because the fanservice distracts your mind by sending your blood to your cock

That's still a strong character archetype. You can change her gender to male and it wouldn't impact the story in anyway at all.

>implying it isn't empowering for women to be able to be sexy and strong

because they are cucks

>69451(You)
>
>>nudity is bad
>Literally SJWs.
>
>SnK is shit.

>there's not really any liveaction fanservice in Hollywood

Are you blind?

of coursh

That's literally what it said, but it also means that character can be a man without changing anything else.

Characters can still be feminine and a good characters.

The girl power meme needs to stop. It's okay for a character to be weak and selfish sometimes.

Strawman.

SnK is being talked about on Sup Forums right now.

Japanese women have a significant presence in the anime and manga industries.

Strawman.

Not all anime has fanservice, let alone any significant amounts.

Giving OP a (You) anyway

The West is retarded and prefers subservient bitches to strong male characters than to have sexy female protagonists
>SEXUALIZING FEMALES IS SEXIST
>NOT HAVING FEMALE PROTAGONISTS IS ALSO SEXIST
Siggy was perfect in 1979 but now if you have a girl shoot a gun she better be a shaven-headed dyke with a penis or just a man.

>that line
Fuck me I wasn't prepared to think that dark this evening.

Exactly what I'm talking about. I cringe ever time I see that token tough girl stereotype.

I actually think it's the oposite. Japan can't write good female characters

I end up only reading fujobait trash because of that

If you're using some definition of "good" that's highly specific to yourself.

Fujobait doesn't exist.

But fujobait has the cutest girls.

Ironically why can't Japan write decent male characters? I swear it's been about ten year since we've had an actual decent male main character in anime.

>Ironically why can't Japan write decent male characters?
They can.

>I swear it's been about ten year since we've had an actual decent male main character in anime.
You mean it's been ten years since you saw some popular show on Toonami?

It's true that generally male characters are worse, but you should lurk more.

Subaru in "Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World" was pretty good. HOWEVER, he was good because he was actually pretty realistically portrayed. Shit gets real and he can't fucking handle it. Then he basically has a mental breakdown but comes back from the brink to be a good man. The ride to that point is fucking horrible and I don't recommend watching it unless you can handle some roller coaster ride type drama.

>Reddit Zero

Because the west (i.e. America) writes its female characters in such a way as to intentionally antagonize the male viewer. Japan will write a strong female lead while simultaneously pandering to the male audience.

The west is obsessed with 'sticking it to the man' and 'fuck every aspect of the establishment past present and future', and men, christianity, and european culture all get caught in the crossfire.

This is the "guilty by association" attack. When you don't like something, just associate it with something negative, even if the association is completely arbitrary.

Pandering doesn't exist in anime, and not all viewers are male.

This. People who go "LE ANIME WAS LE SO MUCH LE BETTER IN MY LE GENERATION LE!" are so fucking retarded. It's conformation bias. It's selective memory. There was so much shit in the 90's and early 2000's. 80's weren't amazing as people say.

There is real dogshit out there. Even stuff which is praised like hack.//SIGN has so much QUALITY and bullshit in it that you wonder how it got praised so much. But you chucklefucks don't watch the shit, you only watch the good which has been curated by people. I recommend people to watch the absolute crap and then say it was great.

Internet gives false impressions. What is popular doesn't mean it's good. What is good doesn't mean it's popular. That shitty dragon yuri waifu bait show is so fucking awful but it's everywhere because LE WAIFU XD.

People don't watch Mars of Destruction, or Mad Bull 34 unless they want to watch terrible anime for a laugh. Nor do they watch shit like Ginga Densetsu Weed or the infamous QUALITY scene youtube.com/watch?v=48T5fZJpXmk from Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica.

People who think anime is "waifu moe crap" now know nothing and only see what's popular, not what there is.

I'm sure he's just posting it to troll. He'd need to actually go there to know it has any connection which I doubt it does beyond the normal popularity of any random thing.

>writes its female characters in such a way as to intentionally antagonize the male viewer. Japan will write a strong female lead while simultaneously pandering to the male audience
This.

>Pandering doesn't exist in anime
ahah

I have to say from Aesthetics alone, 80's anime has a good style. Modern has a variety of styles and I like that. 90's is kinda in the cross fire between 80's and now.

I'm sorry, what are gender specific character qualities? Because if in your mind that boils down to confronting gender in social situations i.e. every character must in someway confront a prejudice based upon his or her sex, you can fuck yourself and your cancerous undergraduate level philosophy.

It doesn't. We've had this debate again, again, again, again and again and it always ends with the conclusion that it doesn't exist.

You're funny.

Styles have changed, obviously. But in terms of content, there is shit in every era. You're not going to get 300 episodes of politics and shit with Legend of the Galactic Heroes any more. Studio's won't do it. You do get 300+ episodes of monster of the week which takes 7 episodes to defeat.

Such is life, eh?

I did not say anything funny.

>Pandering doesn't exist in anime, and not all viewers are male.

Fanservice is literally another term for pandering, and it's fucking everywhere.

You did. claiming that pandering in anime doesn't exist is just hilarious.

Fanservice is a misnomer when talking about anime.

Yeah, I am not going to debate the shittiness of certain anime from every era, but I think the 80's had the most detail in their work, even most of the low budget ones from then had some neat backgrounds.

It has never been proven to exist. People have tried, tried, tried and tried again, and every time they have failed.

Neat backgrounds are a dime a dozen in modern anime.

Sadly they used those background as time sinks. The amount of "pause on sunset for 30 seconds" that happened was huge. Or 'close up of staring faces' to fill time. Modern anime has more movement and less abuse of fillers (I use this in relation to above).

So are we supposed to trust these imaginary past conversations while you keep denying evidence?

Well, what was the arguments that led to that conclusion so we can skip over it?

White women are retarded cunts compared to asian women
>inb4 gtfo yellow fever virgin

What evidence did I deny?

You can try to once again argue that pandering exists but it'll just end the same way it always has.

Okay first let's define what we mean by pandering/fanservice.

I understand pandering to be the addition of otherwise superfluous qualities (e.g. characters, scenes, sequences) into a story, for the primary purpose of attracting or ingratiating the material to a particular audience or segment of the audience.

Pandering is not inherently bad, it's pretty much inseparable from any piece of popular media.

What does pandering mean to you?

DONT

Not him but I guess this is what he's against. Even though it's a ero show and it's entire purpose is this.

Pandering means maliciously including sexual content in a work for the sole purpose of "baiting" people into buying it.

This has never been proven to occur.

Isn't this the basis for Ecchi?

His definition is more sound, and undeniable.

No, it isn't.

His definition is wrong.

This is my wife. Say something nice to her!

she used to have a cute uniform

Ok, what about Eiken?

The entire focus of that... thing... is on the character's tits and nothing else.

>shimapan
but that's basic

That doesn't make it pandering.

What a coincidence, she's my wife's girlfriend

...According to what standard is my definition wrong?

Satsuki is mai waifu

But it fits your definition:It's inherently sexual to bait people into buying it because it surely isn't being made for story, animation or voice acting.

I was implying it was a good thing...

Why are you so scared of Sup Forums, Sup Forumsed?

According to the standard of how the word is used.

It doesn't fit my definition. Why do you think it does? Do you think any instance of sexual content in anime is malicious? Do you think it's impossible for a content producer to have a personal interest in sexual content?

Do you think short haired Satsuki would prefer a submissive or dominant man?

Cause she mellows the fuck out after beating the ayys and stepping down from being Hitler.

Female sexuality is their strength

If the producer had interest in sexual content, they would go make hentai, not this low budget drivel.

t. Someone who actually enjoys High school of the dead.

not my waifu but I want to worship that ass

That is just your own personal logic. You would go to make hentai. But that's just you.

>According to the standard of how the word is used.

So you're appealing to some vague, unsourcable descriptivism?

No.

KLK was atrocious garbage.

Sure you were.

Maybe if you're a faggot with no taste.

look at this fucking pleb

Nice Reddit pic my friend.

I bet you're the only person on the board who knows or cares who that is.

Yes.

I've spent a lot of time in many anime communities and places where people have talked about anime. I've seen "pandering" used over and over and over again and I know it doesn't mean what thinks it does.

All I see is a bunch of weebdoodles for teenage boys to masturbate to, pure kino

This whole thread is a testament to why you Sup Forumsutists are confined to your own board.