$2,787,965,087

>$2,787,965,087

The CGI in this movie has aged like shit

it really hasn't. It only great on really high end equipment though.

It looks fucking phenomenal on my OLED television.

Shit CGI, shit movie. New ones will flop hard

It looks amazing. The CGI lighting is still some of the best ever put on screen. It's only the bright colors and skin tones and wet, glossy textures that show some age. For nearly a decade old, it's phenomenal.

Still haven't seen it, probably never will

>a decade old

I never understood if praising Jim's work was genuine admiration or just ironic shitposting.

It's great movie, despite being a leftist cuck, James Cameron is kino, the best. Needed to see the 'making of' to believe all the trees weren't real.

PS: This is a pre-release shot, not in the real movie, nice bait, tho.

How can a movie by one of the most celebrated directors of our time make 2 billion at the box office and leave no cultural impact whatsoever?

It's a shitty forgettable flick. Stop praising shit movies

No one remembers this movie's existence and the sequels (4 SEQUELS FUCKING HELL) will hopefully bomb

>le cultural impact meme
kek

>posting compressed screen caps from lossy formats

AHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Culture is significantly affected by remakes.

>Dances With Wolves In Space

>unironically praising video game tier movies

What PS4 game is shit?

It's supposed to be watched in 3D fucking idiots

BAWAHAHWHAHWHAHAHA

>it's supposed to be shit!11

>axxo DVDRIP 400MB 20fps
>"oh look how bad is the movie haha right guises"

You should be the live of the party.

>literally defending reddit graphics

lmao

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

8 years is nearly a decade, user.

This is what butthurt haters actually believe

How do Cameron haters reconcile for the fact that he has made the highest grossing film of all time, not once, but twice though?

it was hardly an original story, it pushed the boundaries of cgi but really, it didn't have anything else going for it apart from pic related

Are you familiar with cult classics? Box office does not always translate into what lasts.

i remember asking my dad to take me to see this cause everyone in my seventh grade class already saw it.

Hi Abatap

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

hahaahahahaah at all the butthurt starwars faggots in this thread

>$3,440,000,000

Total Star Wars Franchise Revenue

$30,536,000,000

He tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter.

3D and IMAX tickets which were sometimes twice if not three times as much as regular tickets inflated the box office.

>No cultural impact
It started the 3D craze, user. What mattered more to Based Jim is the technology advancements over the story.

Some of Avatar has aged like total dogshit and some of it still stands up, it's really bizarre.

I will post an example of each.

First, here's Neytiri looking pretty realistic.

And here's one of the chopper things looking like something out of an Xbox 360 game.

>apart from pic related
why are you so faggot for that cunt faced actor? he was just an edgy cartoon villain wannabe "I KILL EVERY NATIVE HURRDURR"
piece of shit.

Zoe Saldana is actually really good in this movie

I think one of the main problems is fuckin Sam Worthington being uncharismatic as shit throughout the entire film. Imagine if it was someone like Leo instead of a literal who like Sam Worthington. Movie would have been 100x better.

will he be back guys?

;_;

I think technology evolves so rapidly that if cameron takes longer than 3-4 years on a project the its going to age very badly. I expect more of the same QUALITY discrepancies in the rest of the avatar films, whenever the fuck those are supposed to come out.

what nintendo wii game is this?

>not recognizing Breath of the Wild™

>vlcsnap
Your not making your case whatever side it is.

What I loved about Avatar is that it is the only movie I've ever watched with alien worldbuilding and speculative evolution on a large scale
I fucking loved the world of Pandora, no other film or tv has ever done alien worldbuilding on the scale that Cameron did
I highly anticipate Avatar 2, because I can't wait to see the oceans of Pandora and the alien sea creatures Jake will encounter
Imagine a scene with a giant alien sea monster vs a big ship by quartich

i watched a making of Avatar. one thing i was not aware of in recent blockbusters they divide the film up through multiple CGI companies.

I forgot how many Avatar had, but the CGI companies that were good were WETA and one other group. The worst was by far ILM. They had separate reels of everyones' work and there was a definite noticeable decline in quality with ILM. The majority of those power loader suits were done by them.

he gave a good and memorable performance, one of the best things about the film

>he gave a good and memorable performance
No he didn't. The fem alien did.

PS3 graphics

it literally started the 3d whoring. also green and eco shit.

>no cultural impact
kek

>based jim
>flop

Come on now

Wow you're so high brow and smart

Jesus Christ

hahahahah

Cameron is only a leftist as far as muh environment is concerned.

Honestly 3D Avatar and 2D Avatar are like two different movies. CGI looked amazing in 3D and it looks like a joke in 2D.

>reddit

Original

>no cultural impact
>literally changed the moviegoing experience for the next decade

i dunno man, given the bile that spills forth from your mouth when i mentioned him, id say you remember his performance

>>how does chinese money laundering work?

kuk

It really isn't. The problem is that there's too much of it. It's overwhelming and very quickly becomes tiresome and gets exponentially unimpressive. How anyone can watch it and be swept away by its visuals is totally beyond me. It looks like nothing more than a slightly upscale video game cutscene compilation. It only exists to show off the technology, there's literally no other reason for it to exist since the story and characters are so awful and derivative. It's actually sad to me that someone as talented and visionary as James Cameron wasted 12 years of his life on it, and is wasting even more with a slew of unwanted sequels.

Bay has his Bayhem camera. When will Cameron get his 3D 60FPS Ultra Widescreen Camera?

i sure hope so. We should write him a letter

That's pretty much my sleep schedule. Replace the Avatar autism with a 9-5 job though.

this looks like the FOX engine in MSGV GZ.

Neytiri still looks top cute and for a movie that is almost entirely CGI it looks great. Much better than the capeshit we have today

>3d meme
it looked pretty good for it's time

they need to show this in theatres again so I can take my mom and grandma to watch it

Avatar is the type of movie you watch once and completely forget about. I can't even remember the plot.

compare it to other movies forget the plot, you just might be a retard.

I'm retarded for Avatars failure to make a lasting impression on me?

>I can't even remember the plot.
it's Pocahontas sci-fi edition

No you have retarded arguments.

You sound like a retard

>there are people IN THIS THREAD that doesn't know Neytiris full name

I never even been able to sit through the movie till the end, tried about 5 times. it's just way too boring

>tfw abatap will never post again

Did anyone else buy the DVD just to pause on the nipslips and jerk off to them?

David yates is 300 mil behind cameron

JAKE SULLY SHALL GO 1ST

Where did all the magic go

>no-fun-allowed-wet-blanket-contrarian

*tips hat*

But he's right. When it came out everyone and their mothers knew it was just like a tech demo. The story is abysmal and nobody expected anything of it.

Amen.

>paying for nipslips when piracy exists

Yet it's miles better than the cgi used in the Transformers movies... that shit moved so fast it was blurry... and at least Cameron didn't incorporate that "shaky-cam" shit you see everywhere now a days. (Christ.. who's the cameraman... Michael J Fox?). And as another user said, it looks pretty fantastic on an OLED.

reddit graphics? is that even a thing?

then better rewatch on a decent TV, because the movie still looks amazing.

what movies had a 'cultural impact'?

>He doesn't have a gallery with 7000+ pictures of Neytiri

What are you, a fag?

bad looking snooze fest

Reminder that people committed Hare Krishna over this movie

My grandma died while I was seeing it opening night with a bunch of friends.

You're both fuckin retarded.
Snake Eyes.

It never looked good to begin with.

>yfw Avatar 2 won't be the humans sending their military to fuck up the Na'vi

Since Cameron said there is gonna be like 6 more Avatar films, my guess is he'll do some Native American reservation type commentary. So military arrives, fucks them up, dumps them on another planet, they escape the planet, get back to Pandora, find it strip mined, get angry, launch suicidal attack on Earth (with help of a wacky array of other aliens that got buttfucked by humans) and then there will be a big battle on a polluted Earth and some comment about "hur dur Pandora was paradise and you just turned it into another Earth" and then somebody will die and will turn Earth back to a paradise and the military will depose the businessmen to prevent them from ruining it again.

Screencap this.

SPACEMOMMY

It didn't start anything, 3D movies were already on the up and up at this point, and the craze died shortly after. Hardly an impact

Fucking this
You can be right wing on every issue except for enviroment
We don't know any of Cameron's politics or ideologies, other than that he is an enviromentalist
I am right wing in most things but am extremely enviromentalist