Is it true that third worlders are taught there are only 5 continents?

Is it true that third worlders are taught there are only 5 continents?

In the first world there are seven North America, South America, Asia, Africa, Europe, Antarctica, and Australia

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20090629180448/http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/places/continents/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland_does_not_exist
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope this is bait

Also, we're taught it's Oceania instead of Australia

Europe is NOT a continent.

It's not bait. We learn there are 7. Google it.

Call it however you want

user...

Most if not all of those countries use the 7 continent model

>australia

You realize we're on the same continent right?

I recognize North America and South America as different continents. Prove me wrong.

Why not?
web.archive.org/web/20090629180448/http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/places/continents/

You have a very strong influence here, our cultures are not extraordinarily different. The most correct would be to use the term subcontinents

In a thread some time ago we tried to establish some rules for continent convention, but we never came to a solid conclusion, if i remember correctly, we were discussing about the possible traits that a continent would have and the relevance of the "super-continent" in modern times.

We use two separate words.
"kontinent" which means large landmass thing
and
"verdensdel" which means continent.

There are 7 continents, North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Antarctica
And I'm not sure about landmass, but you can count, and it's at least Australia, America, Antarctica and Eurasia. I believe Africa is counted as its own landmass even though it's a part of the same as Eurasia.
We usually talk about continents, not landmasses, so I'm not so sure about landmasses.
And I believe there may be some confusion because the Norwegian word "kontinent" is so similar to the English "continent", even though they have different meanings.

We're also similar to the UK, that doesn't make us European

I mean it's all subjective, I just think it's interesting how south Americans consider them the same as US and Canada but the rest of the world considers it a different continent. Also a really weird thing is that South Americans get triggered that people call people from the US Americans... This is bizarre to me that they want to be called Americans so badly. I've never wanted to call myself by the name of my continent.

If you're gonna put America as one landmass you have to include Africa with Eurasia IMO

For us, the correct one is estadunidense.

But Oceania is not just Australia,there other countries in the continent

Yeah I don't know how we usually do it, I think it's up for debate. I agree it should be that way though.

Yes. They teach the following in spic countries:
1.America
2.Europa
3.Asia
4.Africa
5.Oceania

Any further subdivision is really an attempt at special snowflakeism

Do you guys not know Antarctica exists?

desu counting Antarctica is like counting the Moon, no one lives there and it's irrelevant to the world's cultures and humanity.

Not really, some user raised some relevant points about the role of tectonic plates in the naming of continents. but given the position of some of the already established countries in the world adding politics to the convention is also a valid process.

I don't even believe in the existence of Finland and now you expect me to believe in the existence of Antarctica?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland_does_not_exist

It should be:
Americas
Afro-Eurasia
Australia
Antartica

Excellent post

>Be spic
>WE IZ THE SAME CONTINENT AS THE USA AND SHEEEEEIT

Literally only do it to appear slightly more relevant, it's just the clearest symbol of the spic's insecurity at their own irrelevance

>gif that doesnt move
fuck you

also there is no international standard for what is or isnt a continent

Dividing Eurasia has no scientifical base. It is one plate. Not like it is very important but it looks bit backwards to me.

This.
iseuropeacontinent.com

It's because Europe is the center of the world and the different continents are defined in relation to Europe. Europe is clearly different from Asia, so it needs to be divided. And only the Europeans are the civilized ones. Etc.

it helps us make maps

we're not though

>it's interesting how south Americans consider them the same as US and Canada
And Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Panama etc....

>Any further subdivision is really an attempt at special snowflakeism
in that case you could have afro-eurasia instead of africa europe and asia

>be euroshit
>WE IZ DIFFERENT CONTINENT BECAUSE SOME MOUNTAINS AND SHIEEET

brits are as dumb as americans oh wait they have the same shitty genes

We are thaught the 5 continent model.
I thinks is more a question of naming.
The 5 model has all different name for different continent

>Not Zealandia
American education

We also teach that the world is a sphere and that Americans did land on the moon.