Am I the only one who sees great potential in this character?

Am I the only one who sees great potential in this character?
Also, Adam Driver is a superb actor and for me, was the best part of TFA. I really like what they did with Kylo, I can't wait to see how he developts in TLJ. I hope Rian Johnson takes advantage of the fact that they have an actor like Driver, he was good in Paterson.

Kylo Ren is the most interesting character in the movie - only Finn was equally engaging.

Rey is cartoonish and Poe is simply a convinient plot device.

Kylo could`ve been fleshed out a lot more but I like him - a Dark Side character we haven`t seen in Star Wars yet.
You can argue Anakin was that but it just fell flat and booring - Driver did a fantastic with the character and the lines he was given.

That said, I`m very worried where they`ll take him - I think in the short-medium term he`ll be a lot more focused, properly menacing and Dark but eventually him killing Han will come and haunt him, leading to his redemption.

We already saw glimpses of that after the commited the patricide - he feels weak, shocked and confused. He thought doing what Vader did not do will only strengthen him.

Ultimately, Kylo is a good person. He has been deluded and is deluding himself in to thinking he has a chance of being what his ancestor was - if you end up begging Vaders ''corpse'' to empower you with his abilities, shit is not working for you.

I will not be surprised if in Episode MCMLXXV someone will be telling the tale of ''The Tragedy of Ben Solo the Decieved''.

He's alright.

He should become the main character of IX like that asshole on this board "predicted". That would be pure fucking KINO. Many manly tears would be shed.

My biggest fear for this character is that they will make him a Draco Malfoy kind of character, who is just an obstacle for the main character, but in the end has a "redemption" of sorts, but not during the story...

>goes to Luke's Academy to become a Jedi
>Snoke comes in and tells him Darth Vader was his grandfather
>some unknown things happen so he literally kills all the jedi padawans and burns the whole temple down, joins Snoke and the First Order
>becomes an edgy wannabe Vader, uses a mask to try to impose fear with his appearance, still not even close to his potential
>senses the power of Rey, tries to take her as an apprentice of the Dark Side
>get's fucked, back to Snoke training

Now The Last Jedi speculation
>comes back from the training without a mask, no longer an edgy emo kid, doesn’t need to fake his appearance to impose fear anymore
>Luke tells him about Vader's true last moments in an attempt to reedem Kylo back
>It only cements Kylo even more in the Dark Side, dismissing the image of Vader alltogether and even calling him weak because he felt the pull of the light, where Kylo straight up murdered his father while feeling the same pull
>becomes the even more full of rage and power than ever before, maybe even kills Snoke

I might be going over the top with my speculation, but I'm certain he will be the most fleshed out character in the whole trilogy

>Face wrecked with a lightsaber
>Give him a thin sexy scar
>In the wrong place
Why is everything so shit?

>comes back from the training without a mask, no longer an edgy emo kid, doesn’t need to fake his appearance to impose fear anymore
Uh-oh, Driver in an interview said that he still wears the mask ''quite a lot''.

Which is weird cause all promo, including the BF2 'hero selection' screen, show him without the mask.

Here's hoping they CGI it to be different. Might have been CGI in the first place. I like the TFA scar. His face, his persona, is literally in half. TLJ scar looks shit. Maybe that scene from the teaser is before TFA? Can you actually even see the scar continue below his eye? It looks so thin I could believe it vanishing... I dunno. They kept changing Snoke's appearance until the last moments of post producement in TFA. That's how fucked the SW is in the hands of these nu males and womyn.

Fug, I've heard rumours that the ending will be hated by most when it comes out.

It would be kinographie though.

I'm not joking; I'd go touch myself after watching that movie, if that happened. Hell, I would cum in my pants while in the cinema. Please, please, please... Let this be the best timeline!

TFA set up a lot of good possibilities. We will see.

>They kept changing Snoke's appearance
Apparently he looks very different in TLJ as well, MSW leaks (who are close to 90% legit) say he looks more majestic and has more swag to him.

It sucks because this shit is so unlikely to happen but holy fuck if it did I'd lose my shit

Great potential that will never be realized because he's a fucking white male. Fucking white males can only be the bad guys in today's political climate.

Well, they did change Thanos' appearance in the MCU movies. I can believe that. Snoke being a guy in a cool makeup like Palpatine would have been much better.

Basically all Disney movies are McDonald's, but instead of MSG Disney's products contain sjw propaganda. Let's not pretend here...

I like him. I saw what they were going for and what they did in TFA. As you said, if TLJ fails to establish him as a powerful menace, threat to Rey and Co., this trilogy has failed.

Snoke is...Snoke. But he is not human. He isn't the one who killed Han. He isn't the one who wielded that now iconic lightsaber.
Kylo did that.

Please, Disney, make him the main character of this trilogy. He IS a Skywalker. His name might be Solo, but he is as much Skywalker as a Solo. Star Wars is the story of Skywalkers. I'll fucking CUM! (If that happens)

excellent post.

Oh the Tragedy of Ben Solo the Deceived? Its not a story the grey jedi-3.5 would tell you

that light sabre thing looks crude, weak, and unthreatening. don't tell me they're using that in the movie..

Adam Driver said that it's a metaphor for the character. It's crude and unbalanced.

Maybe he will get a proper one in IX.

He has potential but I doubt they'll do anything interesting with him.

As the other user said, he appears to be Malfoy in Star Wars - an obstacle to overcome.