Now that the dust has settled what is the Sup Forums consensus on Coherence?

Now that the dust has settled what is the Sup Forums consensus on Coherence?

Also why haven't I heard of it on Sup Forums, even back when it first came out?

Twilight zone tier story

I liked it

>that one guy would rather have the ugly, cunty womanlet than tall qt dancer gf who is basically a younger, hotter Ivanka Trump

For what purpose?

She was more promiscuous I believe

>choosing promiscuous ugly cunt who will fuck your friends after you breakup over beautiful and loving, lithe qt gf
Maybe he was a cuck

bump

>"There are a million different realities out there and I've slept with your wife in every one of them."

Has anyone ever been so btfo in film?

If all of the realities were basically identical why was everyone so particular about where they ended up

Bad scene in this movie: when they literally tell you the plot of sliding doors.

I was like, wuuuh

there were identical but became more and more different as the people got mixed up

>there
they*

Based Xander.

Not really a big fan of these type of horror movies
And this wasn't really that well made at all. It felt like they came up with the story thinking how to make a horror movie with shoelace budget and using single set.

she's so beautiful, looks like the french lady in before sunrise. i am so alone.

I really liked this movie though. good acting and writing. its a shame it went under the radar a bit.

Julie delpy

>horror
It was simple scifi.

Shit dragged, would have been a fine 30 minute tv episode.

Whatever the fuck it was, still didn't really like it that much.

I don't hate it, but here is your (You) for the bait

>Power goes out
>Yuppie women panic
>Havoc ensues within seconds

Why are women so fucking dumb?

Why did she replace herself at the end? And why did she do it in such a sloppy way? After knocking herself out and putting herself in the trunk of her car what did she plan to do when she woke up? And then putting her in the tub. What did she plan to do when someone found her? I'm just confused about what she was up to at the end.

It's THAT good?

Bitch just got fedup with everyone's bullshit so she tried the old switcheroo with a more "normal" group but of course she's totally incompetent so

I guess she went looking specifically for a reality where none of them went outside so everything continued as normal, since her reality was all fucked up now. It was weird though, didn't really like it

I get that part but how she went about it was weird.
Yes, I suppose it just felt weird since up until that point she seemed pretty smart.

After she put her double in the trunk why didn't she put the car in drive and get out and let it go off to take her double through a dark zone and to another universe?

I like these types of movies, pity the only other movie where people from alternative universes fight themselves is The One

Thanks user, added to my watchlist

Coherence was really fucking great, I disagree with most of the negative opinions in this thread. For a low budget sci-fi I thought it was very well shot and acted. I was impressed how creepy the atmosphere was despite there being no "others" out there apart from their own selves who'd made slightly different decisions.

I also liked the subtle (and unnerving) implications that some crossover of realities had already taken place, like the door that led no-where, the ballet accident and the woman's failure to recognise the actor from a famous TV show. And, I'm glad someone threw Xander a bone because he sure as shit needed one.

As for all the people in this thread questioning the decisions that characters made during the movie: you gotta remember that no matter how stupid the decision, in an infinite number of parallel universes there will inevitably be a version of yourself who DID make that stupid decision. What we're seeing in Coherence is the realities where those bad decisions were taken.

There's a couple of good Larry Niven short stories with the same theme, I really recommend reading them

Why didn't they go to the neighbor's house and ask for help or if they're experiencing something similar

Funny, I've seen it last night. Reeeally like it. Is Primer any good?

>why haven't I heard of it on Sup Forums
Because you're a newfag. It gets mentioned in every low-budget or indie sci-fi thread.

>Primer any good?
No. It's awful. Watch it though and decide for yourself.

distilled kino, which is extra lethal to plebs.

Why isn't the main actress in more movies? She's beautiful and not bad at acting.

What are some more nice movies like this?

Who would you guys choose, Laurie or Emily?

Triangle
Time Crimes

yes it is
no as easy to follow as Coherence though

>yes it is
Why even lie? He's gonna watch it and know you lied. It's literally pleb filter.

got chills first time i saw it.

story isn't scary but the naturalistic acting and camera work make it feel real and actually worried 'what if i saw myself next time i open a door or at the end of the street or somewhere'

it's a thriller and the acting and camera work are what made it work on a shoestring. how can you say it wasn't well made

this

need films that are just comfy friend simulators building up to a big dramatic moment

Like The Man from Earth?

I liked it, though it got pretty...wait for it... incoherent. towards the middle

>a comet caused this

I liked it anyway

The Man from Earth
Circle
Fermat's Room