Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2 embargo lifts in 3 days

Are you ready for another Marvel critical succes?

I feel like they stole some of their own hype by releasing the Thor trailer, but maybe theyre will be more of a link to Thor in Guardians

Yes, ready for more bought reviews and shills spamming RT scores for months. Doctor Strange revealed the truth for all to see.

as if you couldn't tell from the trailers

>are you ready for another by the numbers, political correct, family friendly and carefully focusgroup tested toy commercial?

I'm hooked on a feeling

The trailers have all looked garbage, so while I don't doubt it'll make bank I expect mid 70s RT score.

Shit I looked up Doctor Strange's score and it's 90%, could have sworn it was more like 70 something, which is better than it deserves. Now I'm thinking this'll get almost universally good reviews too, people go way too easy on these movies.

I'm hoping it's good because I actually enjoyed the first one

But you're right the Trailers have been awful.

You must be a fun person to hang around.

He's right though. Why should anyone be excited for this? It looks awful in every way possible and it's the sequel to the most Reddit movie of all times.

Gunn earned such credibility, that he literally can show nothing plot reletaed in trailers. And whinny bitches complains about it.

Is it honestly so surprising that most critics give marvel movies at least a 6/10? I mean they aren't the most creative or interesting out there but they fit all the technical and story requirements to be a "well made" movie in the most basic sense.

They really aren't that well made at all. The average summer blockbuster is more competently done. That new Kong movie for instance looked much better than anything in the MCU.

Atleast they should hold the MCU to the same standards they do other blockbuster releases.

3 movies a year. Marvel production team is probably exhausted as fuck atm. For TV-series with 3 episodes a year, they have an exeptional quality.

Earth-199999

Poetry.

This hater autism is really funny

Kong was better than the average blockbuster though, for a movie that was set up for failure and everyone was ready to make fun of from day one it somehow turned everyone around which is an impressive achievement everyone can agree with, it's a solid 8.5/10

Ant-man is fine. It has decent enough characters, a few laughs and passable effects and action, nothing special and unique to it but people only showed up for Paul Rudds charisma and some fun action scenes and got exactly what they came for and nothing else. 6/10

So yeah kong is significantly better than your average marvel product. But in the RT algorithm a 6/10 is weighed the same as a 10/10 so the more mediocre and non devisive your film is the higher overall rating it's going to get.

lmfao it will be nothing short of 92.

>But in the RT algorithm a 6/10 is weighed the same as a 10/10 so the more mediocre and non devisive your film is the higher overall rating it's going to get.
This is why RT is cancer and should be wiped from public conscious altogether really. It promotes mediocrity and punishes boldness. Such a system can only be detrimental to this medium.

You know how I know you're from Sup Forums?

I agree, I personally don't really care about review scores at all unless there seems to be an overwhelming clear consensus in one direction good or bad because I figure if literally everyone has the same opinion it must be worth at least checking out/avoiding for a while. But if I'm interested in something I'll see it regardless of review scores.

Traditionally I prefer metacritic if I'm going for reviews because it's a little bit better at holding the actual weight of the review but it still assigns arbitrary numbers and holds extra weight on some more high profile reviewers. So it's far from perfect but a little closer than RT

How? I'm not a big video game guy so I'm not knowlagable on their board culture. Do they dislike RT over there or something?

The majority of film reviewers don't use a retarded numbered scoring system as it should be. RT is simply good reviews divided by bad reviews. This makes much more sense than Metacritic. Also, incremental scores are fucking stupid.

Stop obsessing over assigning a numbered score to movies like Sup Forums does with games. It's idiotic.

The first movie was garbage. Fuck imdb ratings

But that's literally what OP does and yet you don't call him Sup Forums. Hmm.....

I'm talking to the whole lot of you. What if I were to say to you "Hey, I disagree with your Ant-Man score! It deserves a solid 6.7!"

See how stupid that sounds?

Oh so you just flat out didn't read my post. My point is it really shouldn't be surprising that most critics give average reviews to average movies.

Yet you responded to that guy and not OP. I wonder why....

it's marvel and it has poop jokes so expect at least 90% on RT

What's your point? People aren't allowed to like things in different amounts? Some guy can't like ant man slightly more than another?

Because wrote out this whole post that boils down to "I enjoyed Kong more than those other movies". Just say that. I agree with him. I liked Kong more than those movies as well.

I'm saying using a numbered scoring system to somehow quantify that is dumb.

90% gave good scores. Doesn't mean they gave great scores.

Sup Forums still doesn't understand this about rotten tomatoes which is astounding.

>90% gave good scores
Which is completely beyond me considering how awful it was.

My point was I thought kong was a more competently made summer blockbuster than most but that doesn't stop Marvel movies from being of average quality. Then how more average reviewed movies rise to the top of the RT crop because less devisive means more decent reviews.

I mean I guess you can be annoyed that I used my personal number rating system to help draw attention to these points but people have been using numeric meters to quantify feelings and express them sensibily towards each other for everything from pain to enjoyment since forever so I think that may just be your own personal autism.

It's more my annoyance with Sup Forums acting just like Sup Forums all the time and obsessing over this stuff. I guess you can't fight it. They might as well be the same board at this point.

Oh shut the fuck up. He perfectly explained his point and you're still sperging out like a retard. Just stop. Also whining about Sup Forums while you're in a GoTG thread. Look around cocksucker.

James Gunn NEVER posted anything about politics. Nigga has my eternal respect.

we understand you have an opinion Johnson, we just don't agree with it.

Oh well excuse me all to hell if I'm tired of seeing both boards spammed with 50 *blocks your path* threads every single day.

Well, perhaps this board is shit because all you niggers do is bitch about things you don't like instead of discussing things you like.

>review embargo
So (((Disney))) doesn't let you say anything about the movie until it makes a profit?

>3 weeks before premiere
>BvS embargo was lifted day before premiere

Well...

The funniest thing is that even 2 days before release WB was pushing the "GREATEST MOVIE OF OUR GENERATION" bullshit

WB should change their game. Do what Disney does. Invite them to fancy screenings. Give them free trips, free gifts. And then watch as the score magically rises. These "journalists" who are basically partaking in Disney luxury trips are doing really well for themselves.

So you think he's one of the select few liberal arts degrees in America with moderate or conservative leaning sensibilities?

I'm going to ruin your day, homie.

No?
Marvel usually opens its embargo while it's in the press screening phase.

However, bad movies push their embargos as close to the domestic release date as possible.
Remember BvS?
Two days before.
Fan4stic?
One day.

I wish I was in WB marketing. They got fucked over so bad by Disney last year but they're still so clueless on why.

Instead of last-minute screenings, invite them to a fancy hotel, give them gifts, let them meet WB PR people. Have them mingle and then do a screening for the press with luxury theatre with servants and open bar in the background. All this basic marketing shit that Disney has done for years and WB still doesn't grasp. You don't shit on the critics. You give them free shit and then more free shit all disguised as gifts and "press meetings". Everyone can be bought. And online bloggers are the easiest ones to buy.

Nothing political with this tweet.

I respect his decision to not be whinny bitch like 99% of other celebrities, and keep it quiet.

A few days prior to release is industry standard. But Disney standard is bribing them with free vacation trips to luxury resorts and show the films weeks in advance.

The ones that review the film badly don't get invited next year. The ones that do gets showered with even more gifts and trips.

Fucking doctors acting like Sup Forums all the time, telling me I have to assign numbers to feelings

Again. This joke is neutral.

Just look his twetts on 8-9 november.

If most movies to you are below average then you need to reevaluate where your average is.