So what is the cowboy supposed to "be"? The spirit of Hollywood?

So what is the cowboy supposed to "be"? The spirit of Hollywood?

A parody of prophetic characters in movies I think.

Another nonsensical character in another shit Lynch movie.

I'll never watch a Lynch movie ever again.

Red herring

Nothing, it was just a guy she briefly caught a glimpse of in real life than dreamed about him.

Jesus Christ.

This is ultimately the correct answer.

A sort of demon/reptilian from another dimension.

They travel through electricity and lights (notice the flickering light as he disappears, same as in Twin Peaks)

Lynch subtle hinting at who really controls hollywood.

Anyone else get these lynchian dreams frequently? Just with this very odd and hard-to-pin-down kafkaesque aswell as oppressive orwellian atmosphere with an overarching lovecraftian dread lurking in the background all throughout the entire dream and which grows more intense as it reaches its end

>kafkaesque
>orwellian
>lovecraftian

Jesus Christ you are unbelievable.

I had a dream yesterday that i was searching for a man that was hiding under the floorboards of my house. I didn't find him but my wife in the dream hit me on the head with a hammer when i came up to the living room and it turned out that my whole family was controlled by the man (but i never saw him, i just knew he were hiding in my house) then they she dragged me down into a pit of snow.

>So what is the cowboy supposed to "be"?

I don't fucking know? We don't have people walking around dressed as pirates or knights,but you got these fucks who think it's 1850 cosplay 365 days of the year.

that's Michael Gira, you fuckhead

nice blog faggot

I NEED LOVE

Did she catch a glimpse of him in the movie? If so when?

Oh wait was that 'glimpse' when he walked through the background of the wedding announcement?

Yes.

lmao so true. That's what imma say to the next fag dressing like a cowboy - "do you also dress as a pirate, bro?"

noce trips as well

The first half of the movie is shot in a dramatic old-hollywood fuzzy lighting and features many of the tropes and symbols of classic Hollywood. It deals with intrigue, hidden plots, agenda and cabal mystery. It features the main character as a young, smart, capable and hyper-talented young actress who finds her perfect love who not only loves her but NEEDS her.

After the blue box is finally opened we see a sudden change in how the movie is shot. Everything is hyper-clear and lit in a much more natural way, implying an unfiltered view. At this point Betty is no longer this flawless talented young actress. She's a flawed and clearly unsuccessful actress getting bit parts through her lover's connections. The mystery and intrigue is erased and the harsh reality of what happened is revealed. After Betty feels betrayed by her lover not only fucking the director but also random women she finds a hitman to kill the one person she loved. Then she kills herself.

Many of the visual ideas in this movie seem like they have deeper importance, and people often project their own interpretations onto them, which is good. But Lynch is of Tarkovsky's school of thought where it is more important to have the combination of imagery and sound evoke emotion than represent a specific idea or message. Many of the things in his movies are literally things he dreamed up and added to the script.

I only half watched this movie. I didn't realize it would have a twist. The first half was something I would not be into at all and then when it takes its turn I was really into it.

Kind of fucked up my viewing.

It's about how you can only stop violence using violence.

Then it later combined with police procedurals to create the modern American action hero. The man who doesn't follow the rules, but who always turns out to be vindicated by the courts. Hence the culture of police worship in America.