What are some Sup Forums approved nukekinos?

What are some Sup Forums approved nukekinos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fzRdpYBrOJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Threads
Miracle Mile

Dr. Strangelove
Fail-Safe
Threads
The War Game

That’s about it.

You forgot:

Wargames
When The Wind Blows

>The War Game
No, this one is too brutal

Just watched it for the first time a couple days ago and I really liked it. Are there any other comedies like it? Not necessarily with the same subject matter.

post the one from sum of all fears

youtu.be/fzRdpYBrOJM

Fun fact: It was banned for a few years after release because the UK government was afraid it would cause mass panic and rioting

As an allegory for the way nuclear war affects the popular psyche and society, Akira is v good. If youre looking for nukekino that isnt set in a 'realistic' 1960s/70s setting, its a good bet.

Its born out of the Japanese people's fear and horror of another Hiroshima / Nagasaki.

>that part where the police go around killing people
why

It was kinder that way.

First post best post

WE'LL MEET AGAIN...

was the war game based on reality? were there really plans by the government for that sort of thing to be don

I wish there was more apocalyptic movies. War games, threads, where the wind blows were fantastic. I've ended up watching periscope films from the 1950s about fallout and shit.

fail-safe was boring to me, I should go re-watch it

Actual government plans were secret. But there were recommendations by government funded researchers to do that.

So the answer is: Maybe.

>Threads
no thanks i'd rather not fuck my shit up

Did you know Vera Lynn, who wrote that song for WW1, is still alive?

Shes like 102 or some shit.

Colossus >>> Skynet, fight me.

if she holds on a bit longer she'll probably make it to WW3

So she was what, 2/3 years old when she wrote and sang it?

Yes, everything in The War Game was either planned to have happen or actually happened during separate crises.

It's a great movie, but no-one sees the humour in it but me.

The Road

Whoops. I meant WW2.

>Dame Vera Margaret Lynn CH DBE OStJ (née Welch; born 20 March 1917[1]), widely known as "the Forces' Sweetheart", is an English singer of traditional pop, songwriter and actress, whose musical recordings and performances were enormously popular during the Second World War.

>During the war she toured Egypt, India, and Burma as part of ENSA, giving outdoor concerts for the troops. The songs most associated with her are "We'll Meet Again", "The White Cliffs of Dover", "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square" and "There'll Always Be an England".