Half a billion opening weekend

>Half a billion opening weekend
>Beat Star Wars: TFA for the highest weekend box office takings of all time

How the fuck is this allowed to happen? China was a mistake

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/04/15/the-fate-of-the-furious-vin-diesel-reportedly-removed-an-end-credits-scene-featuring-dwayne-johnson
movieweb.com/ghost-in-the-shell-movie-2017-flops-money-lost/
movieguide.org/reviews/the-fate-of-the-furious.html
movieguide.org/news-articles/fast-and-furious-star-proclaims-his-faith-on-social-media.html
youtu.be/0ILU5AaCup8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's probably better than the shitfest that was TFA.

>chinese will be the ones to bring masculinity back into action movies
Can't make that shit up

They also hate niggers so that's another plus.

The movie is great, laughed harder than I have in years

It appeals to hispanic, black, and asian audiences. They come out in droves for the Fast and Furious franchise.

Car culture is huge and crosses the racial divide.

It is, and it was only mediocre for a FF movie.

People fucking love these movies. These are superhero movies for people who wouldn't be caught dead Watching capeshit and star wars.

Wow. Fuck China and their shitty god damn taste in movies

Well, there you go. What the hell is OP bitching about? The Mouse monopoly is shaken.

one last ride part 5

I liked this series genuinely as a kid. Then I got more "serious" about film and entered that pretentious phase where I hated everything that was popular, including the FF franchise obviously. After that I entered the stage where you like things ironically, which is maybe even worse than hating everything popular.

Now I'm at the point where I try to enjoy everything, obviously that isn't possible, but for example the Fast and Furious films I genuinely enjoy. They have gotten bigger and crazier with every installment, but it has mostly worked within the internal logic of the movies. That internal logic being the key, lots of people are shitting on the movies for being unrealistic with all the stunts and shit which in my opinion misses the point.

I do have a bad feeling about this eight film though if the rumors about Shaw joining the family are true. Because that would go against the emotional component of this films, and the emotional logic has been sound so far.

The action is insane, but they've been emotionally honest, and if they let the guy that killed Han join the crew, the emotional backbone is compromised and that goes against the internal logic of the films.

Also the studio has to be worried about the Vin vs Rock feud and how it'll affect the next movies.

Why is TFA and Marvelshit better?

I never said it was?

>Disney has 4 billion dollar movies this year
>Paramount now has one
>Sony will have one with spiderman
>Fox and Universal will probably have a couple looking at their slate
>WB has nothing that can even come close and probably will have the biggest bombs of the year
how long before they're finally shut down?

It's insane how women pretend to love this shit in South America. It's like the Zelda of the medium.

>China was a mistake
You mean Americans are a mistake?

The US boxoffice alone contributes fucking 23% to the entire world's

WB was in top three big earners last year. Why are you this mad?

More percentage of Americans watch these shitty movies than Chinese

>people have enough to deal with in life
>just want a movie they don't have to think about or pay much attention to
>just want fun

>movie released where you don't need to think about nor pay much attention to plot/details and can have fun

>Sup Forums takes offense

I swear this board is filled with unemployed, friendless undesirables

Star Wars BTFO. Kathleen Kennedy BTFO. That's what happens when you insert your own anti-white male agenda into everything bitch.

>Also the studio has to be worried about the Vin vs Rock feud and how it'll affect the next movies.

Wasn't that just a work to get people to talk about the movie?

Allegedly there was a after credits scene that was shot for FF8 but they pulled it out of the film because it didn't feature Vin

ign.com/articles/2017/04/15/the-fate-of-the-furious-vin-diesel-reportedly-removed-an-end-credits-scene-featuring-dwayne-johnson

Vin is a retard. He's a nobody compared to The Rock. He should lay it off before the studios get tired of his shit and drop him.

>Hate niggers
>Force awakens, Avatar, fast and furious have blacks as the main cast

Face it, only place that hates blacks is Sup Forums, you pathetic sissy faggot

When will these cancerous movies die?

when they stop making money

>China was a mistake

Shut up China is killing the nu-male movie industry

Woah FUCK Americans and their shit taste in movies

>Fast and Furious franchise refuses to run out of fuel.
>Need for Speed reboot inevitable thanks to Aaron Paul's shitty performance.

this

am I supposed to hate Fast & the Furious now or something? Whats wrong with fast racing and hot bitches?

I was happy the chinks went out to see Kong. It was really good. Much better than anyone expected it to be.

You do realize the FF franchise is more about being minority centrict
The villains here are always the white guys

>The black guy was literally cropped out of all chinese promotion material for TFA
>no one hates blacks you guys, see you can fuck a goddamn monkey with meatsalad between its legs and be all the better for it.

How hard did he cuck you?

>all these roody poo jabronis thinking the F&F movies are bad
I bet you all also drive automatic.

Based chinamen.

It's true though, Finn did not appear on promotional posters

real patricians love these movies

In 50 years when China grows out of their flick phase and the old hollywood ((execs)) die we might actually have kino again.

>China was a mistake
>implying Murrica is better

Except that here the white male villain from one of the previous films gets buddy with the crew and the villain is a white female?

Next one will flop am I right?

Americlaps really love their black films

Is Roman still a wacky black guy caricature?
I liked him in 2 but he's become unbearable to me in 6 & 7

Nigger detected.

yes you are

Yes, Wonder Woman actually has a decent chance at flopping.

The Fast and the Furious movies are what capeshit wishes it could be. They are all kino.

Thank you China for being so based.

Ludacris and Tyrese.

>80 millions domestic opening weekend for a 100 million budget movie
>bomb
lmao

This

You shills never learn, do you?

>80 million with the massive second week drop every DShitty movie has
yeah that's a bomb

It's for minorities.

FAMILY

Well considering when you add another $100 million for marketing, and the movie needs to at least double that to make any resemblance of a profit, yes, it will probably barely break even,

>lead of the series is a half black white male
>have Michelle Rodriguez in the cast, the prime example for strong woman gone wrong
>have The Rock as a second character, a Samoan
>has primarily Rap in the soundtrack
>the black side characters are one of the most loyal characters in the franchise
>first three films based on a culture brought by the asians with cars as a plot point built primarily by asians
BUT YEAH! STAR WARS IS SO ANTI WHITE MALE!

>a Samoan
And black too.

Good goy. The white man shouldn't value family. Kids cost too much money.

Why is Sup Forums so retarded?

>multiracial muscular bald men and car stunts

It's the formula for success.

That is a cute couple ;_;

Haven't seen this but it's probably better than Rogue One and maybe TFA as well.

>Paramount now has one

Fast and Furious is Universal.

Paramount has GITS and Monster Trucks.

movieweb.com/ghost-in-the-shell-movie-2017-flops-money-lost/

>Paramount has GITS and Monster Trucks.
and Transformers 5

that's actually really well put there user

>WB has nothing that can even come close and probably will have the biggest bombs of the year
What are you talking about? Warner is traditionally top 3 in earning.

Top 2 last year, that guy is just a disney shill

I was watching a rip and i was bored as fuck the entire movie. It's kind of annoying how the first few movies were about cool looking cars and racing but the past few years they have been some shitty multicultural action films.

He was still in the movie you salty cuck, same thing with the Fast and the Furious movies

If WB shuts down, Will Disney have both Marvel and DC?

Disney is about to be bought fot pennies on the dollar so no, I don't think so

So WB is doing well. But is Disney doing bad? If Sup Forums-tards are right there is this chart that shows 6 giant companies that own over 90% of all media between them and Disney is one of them. WB is just owned by someone who's bigger IIRC.

Not doing bad per se. See I work in finance and I have a better understanding of some things than your average shiposter, but you may be one of them so not sure if I should post a wall of text. If you're interested, I'll explain why Disney is not "printing money" with Marvel and Star Wars, as people on the internet seem to believe

Not that guy but I would be very interested.

I'm interesting. I'm currently majoring in account too. Speaking of which if I could should I go into Government? I'm not ambitious and don't care about getting rich and want a job that is more or less 'laid back.'

>$190 million opening in China

Is this shit subbed or dubbed when the chinamen watch

>>Beat Star Wars: TFA for the highest weekend box office takings of all time
Fuck off nu wars fag, TFA was shit

we wuz astronauts n shiet

>Speaking of which if I could should I go into Government?
Depends on where but according on what you want in life, it may be what you're looking for. I have friends in IRS and let me tell you, they live a comfy life.

Well this is complicated but the core is very basic. At some point one would wonder, why doesn't Disney just buy DC, Transformers, Spiderman and the rest of IPs? You don't see that very often, one company buying a franchise, and they all belong to these big ass megacorporations like Time Warner or Viacom, with infinite resources. To say it simple, Disney paid 4 billions a pop for those franchises, and the only reason they did it is because they planned on getting the money back with other markets, certainly not in theaters. The most profitable movie on the post buy out MCU is Age of Ultron, and that made something on the ballpark of 250 millions net profit. Add 50 more, give or take, for sindication and blurays and you get 300 millions, everything else has made less money than this. And they paid 4 billions, so that's not even a 10% of that investment, not saying anything about getting some actual returns.

Disney is making money, but they had to pay money first. This is called "amortization". With the Beauty and the Beast, that's all cash. They paid nothing and made money. WB with the DCEU, that's all cash too, they bought DC in the 60s. But with Marvel and Star Wars, they need to recoup an investment and so far, with theater earnings alone, they aren't even close. If they bought bonds with that money, they would be better off.

Very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to type all that out. It definitely puts things in perspective.

cool, thanks for the lesson user

Didn't China make power rangers a hit?

In Japan its usually both for live action, exclusively dubbed for cartoon. Subbed used to be far more popular but people in Japan have gotten lazy and now theres more dubbed showings

who tf is watching this garbage

no one has the right to complain about modern cinema going down the shitter if they paid to see this movie.

Good. Fuck TFA, seeing all its intense jewish marketing get BTFO by spic chads is really satisfying.

Basketball is far and away the most popular sport in China and the NBA's single largest market. The Bulls get something like 60-70% of their profit from China alone. China is totally fine with black people

We lost the right to complain when Civil War and TFA hit the billion mark. Alteast FF movies are dumb fun.

Budget- 100 million
Box office- 128 million

There's no saving it

>Every movie has to be beautiful art
>If it isn't 2deep4u its garbage

You're probably the same group of people that tried to ruin rap by saying all rap had to be extremely layered, with boring beats, and overly complicated rhymes.

Thats great sometimes and its good to push the boundaries but sometimes you just want something fun for the club.

If you can't appreciate both then your opinion really doesn't matter

People said that about the Warcraft and ass creed movies

DCEU is already more profitable for WB than MCU for Disney. That really puts things into perspective. No wonder their shills are so nervous at the sight of competition. They're standing on thin ice.

>triggered cuck

i didnt say that, im all for fun dumb movies but FF is just plain boring. but please, keep crying redditor.

Fpbp

Disneyshills need to get fucked

>Alteast FF movies are dumb fun.
no they are not. but i agree on the civil war/tfa remark.

I've only seen Fast Five and I thought that one was alright.

i've seen 4 of them and they are all basically the same shit. tokyo drift was a little different but still.

>Fast and the furious series always been a conservative film series
>themes of pro traditional family, pro Christianity, pro masculinity
>Redemption of outlaws becoming heroes
>Destroys Jewish feminists capeshit and feminists alien wizards
Who would of thought it? It's almost like no one want to see gay feminist propaganda?movieguide.org/reviews/the-fate-of-the-furious.html

movieguide.org/news-articles/fast-and-furious-star-proclaims-his-faith-on-social-media.html

youtu.be/0ILU5AaCup8

Based Tyrese Gibson. This might go against Matthew 6:5 though.