Donald J. Trump has regularly boasted about “The Art of the Deal,” his best-selling autobiography...

Donald J. Trump has regularly boasted about “The Art of the Deal,” his best-selling autobiography, as a business bible that demonstrates the sharp negotiating prowess he would bring to the presidency. The book, released in 1987, details his rise to the top of New York’s real estate world; it helped spawn his career as a reality television star and cemented his image as a winner with a golden touch.

But Tony Schwartz, the book’s ghostwriter, who spent 18 months in the 1980s interviewing and shadowing Mr. Trump, says that it is really a work of fiction.

In an interview with The New Yorker magazine for its July 25 issue, Mr. Schwartz explained publicly, and for the first time, what he learned from living in Mr. Trump’s world. Here are some highlights.
The Art of Regret

Mr. Schwartz, a former magazine writer who said he worked on the book because he needed the money, told the writer Jane Mayer that he painted Mr. Trump in the most positive light that he could, thinking that a sympathetic character would be better for the book’s sales than a story about a cruel tycoon. If he could do it over again, however, Mr. Schwartz said the book would be titled “The Sociopath.”

“I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is,” Mr. Schwartz said. “I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes, there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”

nytimes.com/2016/07/19/us/politics/trump-book-tony-schwartz.html?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_Strike
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not voting for the bringer of chaos

Meme magic is irreversible, it's already over

Anyone who could be payed a large sum of money to ghost write for someone for 18 months could also easily be paid by a liberal to bad mouth that person.

Why else would this guy randomly come out and say this, jeaprodizing his future if trump is elected, unless there was a large sum of money involved for him?

Sociopathy is how you make money desu. Did you think all those finance majors were gonna donate that cash to the poor?

nice damage control, faggot.

Just admit your hero is a fraud and a danger to humanity.

>it's already over
You got that right, bub

No you make money by being clever. Bill Gates is the opposite of a sociopath and he's the richest man in the world.

Zzzzzzzz...

>danger to humanity

Oh look, fear mongering.

Subhuman.

Hillary is even more of a danger to humanity, at least Trump has some competency.

>“I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is,”
Mr. Schwartz said.
>“I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes, there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”

This is how you can tell when someone is terribly ignorant, or purposefully divisive. The president can't just launch a nuclear strike at his will. Also (((Schwartz))).

>danger to humanity.
Hillary Clinton literally has advisors with Muslim brotherhood connections

read the book, he is a brilliant business man who has done more charity work and been a positive public figure for decades until he announced his prez. and has had his dick literally sucked by opera, arseneal hall, bill mahuer in the early 90's and 80's so much so that even hardcore BLM and LIBKEKS loved him and now they can't stand him cuz eh racism and meh immigration. Everyone literally loved him until 2015

>muh nuke code meme

dropped right there. do ANY of these faggots know that at an absolute MINIMUM, you need 2 people to authorize a nuke launch, and on average it takes 7?

>"Extend, Embrace, Extinguish."
Yeah, he looks so nice now when he's giving all his money away. Look at how he earned it.

At least hes not Hillary

Bill Gates is a dick. I know he looks nice in his interviews with Steve Jobs and such, but read up on how he was as a businessman. He's a total piece of shit, definite sociopath, and complete genius.

Kek this is a joke to anyone who has actually read Art of the Deal. I really don't know what you can lie about, maybe his acquaintance characters and that's it. Remember this is the paper that published that 20 page misogyny hit piece, how did that pan out?

>schwartz

hmm...sounds like some old jew that wants some attention.

>(((Schwartz)))

>His mother a career feminist who founded an affirmative action foundation
Seriously how blue pilled do you have to be to hire a Jew for a ghost writer

hilary literally wants to start a war with iran and russia (which will surely draw in china). She is worse than john mcain in this regard (she is a puppet of soros and berzinski, council on foriegn relations, PNAC etc). While trump wants to work with russia and slow down nato expansion. If ww3 happens it will be bc of hilary not trump. Now fuck off.

>(((Schwartz)))

A sociopath wouldn't just give his money away guys...

I'm sure he has Machiavellian traits and those helped him amass such a huge wealth, but he seems genuinely empathetic to me and Microsoft has been shit ever since he left.

>trying to redpill Sup Forums on Trump
Don't even bother until November 3rd, most of this board is cucked as fuck.

inb4 this thread is filled with "big deal, everyone uses ghostwriters", as if that's the fucking point of the article

>MUH NOOOOOKZ

remind me again which candidate wants war in the middle east

can anyone remind me?

Yes he totally would. Ever read up about Andrew Carnegie?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_Strike

Then he turns around and starts giving away his money and he turns into a saint.

>implying philanthropy isn't the easiest publicity stunt

The amounts they give back to (((charity))) is a minute modicum of their wealth, and initiatives to give poor kids tablets or laptops is also a convenient way to spread their influence

Hillary approved weapons deals to states that sponsor terrorism and violate human rights in exchange for cash to her foundation when she was Secretary of State.

That sounds like more of a danger to humanity than Trump has ever been.

>If he could do it over again, however, Mr. Schwartz said the book would be titled “The Sociopath.”

Ghostwriters don't get a say as to the title of the book. Someone should remind Mr. Schwartz that he was paid to do a job, which he did.

(((((Schwartz))))))

So it's literally impossible to be a good person if you have money unless you host a talk show or suck the democratic parties dick?

>(((Schwartz))))

>i can use their lingo
>im definetly a regular of Sup Forums guys!
>lets help BLM with Anonimoose!

>a certain good businessman is cold and uncaring

Wow, who would've thought? It's almost like there are certain traits that help you get ahead in specific fields. Whoever is in office shouldn't be prisoner to their own emotions anyways.

Yeah that guy definitely sounds evil, but it also sounds like he had a change of heart during the final years of his life. When people realize that they're dying, they come to the conclusion that society is all that matters. That's the optimist in me anyway.

>and initiatives to give poor kids tablets or laptops is also a convenient way to spread their influence

That's a good point I guess. But you can't say that ALL rich people do it with a hidden agenda. That's just absurd. Also you can't say that just because someone looks after himself he doesn't care about others. An example of a rich sociopath would be Steve Jobs for me. And he also didn't give any money to charity.

>I say anything if I need the money. I'm a very credible person. Trust me.