So let's assume all the ''leaks'' and ''rumours'' are legit - what exactly is wrong with this?

So let's assume all the ''leaks'' and ''rumours'' are legit - what exactly is wrong with this?

>A mystical tree discovered by a brother and sister long ago was the origin place of The Force. The sister would go on to found the Jedi Order. Eventually she is killed by her brother who has fallen to the dark side. Each sibling represents the dark and the light side of the force.
>The female sibling also made a prophecy saying that she would return one day as The One. The Sith tricked the Jedi into thinking Anakin was The One, which led to The Clone Wars and the destruction of almost all Jedi. The implication here is that Rey is definitely The One. The Force Tree is mentioned in both the Clone Wars cartoon and the Poe Dameron comic book, both of which are considered Disney canon.

PT was full with Biblical references, OT didn't break any new ground at all - it fused all the existing mythos in to one entity that took place in space.

Nothing original about that.

Once again, assuming that 'leak' is legit - why is Sup Forums so mad about it? We still don't know how it will work out of it is legit, maybe the Jedi and Sith were wrong, again. Maybe, if, could... we simply don't know.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uCcUUkalQbI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it was clearly never intended in the story by George Lucas, only written by nu-trilogy shitters.

That and it's boring as fuck. I want something more than "UUUH AN ANCIENT THING HAS AWOKE"

Lucas was heavily involved in The Clone Wars and the entire Mortis(?) arc greatly relates to OP's leak

>I want something more than "UUUH AN ANCIENT THING HAS AWOKE"

EU already explored every single possibility in Star Wars universe - and you can argue that 99% of it was handled by B-tier writers but we all saw how riduculous and out there it can get ie Starkiller, Darth Revan and so on.

Yes, this seems simple - but what is so bad about simplicity?

It's faggot tier fantasy shit that should be confined to shit like LOTR or Game of Plebs.

it's just really shit

George Lucas is a hack, all the best parts of the original trilogy had nothing to do with him. When he gets creative control we get shit like the prequels so the further away from his ideas we get the better.

This.

The fallen brother, the father and the sister plus the Force tree(s) is nothing new - you can argue that it is creatively lazy and bankrupt but if this is legit, all they would be doing is bringing the unknown canon elements in to mainstream.

I meant if George wrote this trilogy it wouldn't be something this fantasy-tier. The whole bit about anakin being a fake is ok I guess.

Simple minds like simple things user ;^)

>They thought midichlorians were dumb

APOLOGIZE TO HIM

RIGHT FUCKING NOW

>Simple minds like simple things user ;^)

Don't tell me the average Joe is the real Star Wars consumer wants to see high European mythos storytelling.

OP is simple - assuming it's legit - but most of the great stories are never complex.

It's all about how they would resolve conflict.
They can go the Harry Potter route or do something a little bit more complex.

I think all of the prequel hate caused him to try and bring a deeper more serious perspective to star wars although I do agree that a Lucas trilogy would be better

it was dumb.
fuck off george.

>actually explaining where the force comes from

I think it will be good if the son of the force tree is at least portrayed as a sympathetic villain. If there's one thing I've always liked about star wars is that good and evil aren't just black and white.

>If there's one thing I've always liked about star wars is that good and evil aren't just black and white

Kylo Ren certainly has that in him.

And Rey also seems to be very tempted by the Dark Side. It was even written in the novelization.

Well, whatever the case, both Anakin and Rey are shit because they never earned their powers.
They are more plot devices than they are characters.

Luke, Solo, Leia, and Finn are the only proper characters.

>men are evil or simply insufficient
>only women can save us
bravo Jews!

Whom is Darth Vader

Who was entirely bad until he was entirely good.

Not really a good argument.

I thought Brother and Sister were the children of Father and a human woman who was strongly connected to the force, or is that EU stuff?

youtube.com/watch?v=uCcUUkalQbI

Clone Wars is canon.

He was puppeted desu
Not the same as being entirley bad.

(Although the cucks at disney are probably gonna do the EXACT same thing with kylo)

the thing above the fathers "throne" reminds me of Heras old family totem

This is literally saying that women are good and men are evil

This isn't biblical at all. It's pagan.

They often equate nature with femininity and evil with masculinity