/nfl/ general

NE:Retirement on Gronk's mind for 'some time'
KC:Chiefs sign ex-Raiders CB Amerson for 1 year
FA:Report: ESPN pursuing Peyton Manning for MNF
CAR:NFL closes investigation on Marty Hurney
FA:Vontae Davis visiting Cleveland on Friday
OAK:Derek Carr: Amari Cooper played hurt in 2017
CIN:McCarron the top FA QB option for the Browns?
CAR:Report: First serious Panthers bidder emerges
CIN:McCarron wins grievance, awarded free agency
FA:Vontae Davis visiting the Bills on Thursday
CAR:Report: Hurney investigation nearing an end
PIT:GM wants Le'Veon to finish career w/Steelers

Reminder.

>reposting from ded thred
catching up on Jimmy the wop games.
everything I see makes me think he's actually is the diamond in the rough everyone says he is.
he's making every throw asked of him
one of those QBs you can tell is just developing a rhythm on every set of downs.
then I realize he is doing this with a worse supporting cast than the browns or bears.
I never watched his pre season stuff or really any of his shit before.

I take it back. maybe the niners were right to give him that money. I still think its stupid to do it without a full season under his belt. but I see what they see in him.
I really thought the pats fleeced the niners in that trade. Now Im not so sure. Hope they draft a lot of offensive weapons for him.

panthers fans are fucking delusional

3rd for the 28-23, the most important stat of that game

Patriots listening to multiple trade offers for Brandin Cooks. Many teams w QB's need weapons and Patriots have plenty.

Belichick tried so hard to keep him. I think that says enough, considering he has traded or let go every other one of Brady's backups through the years.

>rewatching the superbowl

Sheagles defense got fucking exposed by Brady and the Patriots offense, holy shit. Take away the fumble and they didn't do jack shit. The titans were better against Brady

>the Patriots almost traded Brandin Cooks for Malcolm Jenkins before the season started
spooky

>Belichick tried so hard to keep him
>I believe everything ESPN says

Trade him for OBJ and a second rounder

What he has shown is about the same thing Sam Bradford shows for the first 5 games before getting tired and falling to mediocrity or being injured every single year

belichick didnt try and keep him.
he got a fucking 2nd for him. you have any idea how valuable that is in the sunset of Tom Bradys career?
tried to keep him like a fox.
anyways Im just saying Ive come around and thought the niners got fleeced but it really looks like jimmy the wop is gonna be a starter.

Dubs decides which NFC team goes to SB vs the true defending Champs the NE Patriots

it's not because hes out of the ordinary, its because tom is 40

Lions

>could have gotten a first round pick
>"no no, i'd rather have a second round pick later in the year"
Yeah, he wasn't trying to hold onto him

To be fair, you can say the same about the patriots defense. Granted, the Eagle's defense has had a lot more success, but that comes from the defensive front putting on pressure that forces the QB to make questionable throws. Successful veteran QBs, ESPECIALLY Tom Brady, are able to make their reads and progressions quickly enough to not be phased, and it helps when you have monsters like Gronk and Amendola. Many people had been under the impression that the Patriots defense had been fixed since the beginning of the season, but the entirety of that super bowl felt like the same D we saw against the Chiefs in week 1.

pls read my paragraph

He held him into the season as insurance if Brady played bad or injured, instead Brady was the MVP again so byebye Jimmy.

Patriots 2nd round draft picks in recent history:
2016: Cyrus Jones (DB bust)
2015: Jonathan Richards (DB bust)
2014: Jimmy Garoppalo (very good)
2013: Jamie Collins (good), Aaron Dobson (WR bust)
2012: Tavon Wilson (DB bust)
2011: Ras-I Dowling (DB bust), Shane Vereen (good)

At best, he traded Jimmy Garoppalo for a chance at Jimmy Garoppalo. At worst, they're getting another bad safety.

Makes me think. Good thing they didn't do that trade, Jenkins was the unsung MVP for them this year.

B-b-but I thought Bill is always playing 17D chinese checkers

Only with 6th round picks in the year 2000

no they traded for a chance at a piece to patch up the team with a position they actually need.
>we have this top 10 QB just sitting the bench but we have a top 3 QB starting already
so its just a fucking waste of talent.
should have actually traded for proven players instead of draft picks.
but now they have the capital to spend on patching up whatever holes with a guy who is actually gonna see the fucking field instead.

its all part of the doubling down and going for broke while tom is still suiting up. makes sense.

The difference is everyone with a brain knew the patriots defense was shit, and benching Butler was just the straw that broke the camel's back

The iggles (((vaunted))) pass rush was completely neutered until the last two drives

I blame Patricia for having his head in his ass and I blame belichick for putting together such a shitty personnel group and then failing to adjust at halftime

>you’re now reminded how Patriots basically dismantled their Defence for these exact same “weapons”
>patriots fans celebrate this by proclaiming they have a perfect season that not even Eli could beat.
>dilly dilly

Guys, I just realized something. The Cowboys have appeared in zero conference championships over the last two decades... That means out of twenty tries, they failed to succeed even once. This is big...

yeah, much as I like Cooks, deep threats are much more common than all-around playmakers like Jenkins. he's been really invaluable for the D since we got him
Brady was hit as many times in the Super Bowl as in any game all season. They were getting pressure on him, he just played great. You do know that both offensive and defensive players can play well in the same game, right?

>A Chargers fan doesn't know the value of a good backup QB
I mean, look at the Vikings. They had a backup take them to the NFCCG. Or the Eagles, who won a Super Bowl with their Backup.

Not on the patriots apparently

Be happy you got to play against the worst defense belichick has ever fielded in his 40 year coaching career

>the Eagles played in the Super Bowl against the 2011 Patriots
you'd figure Aaron Hernandez would have had more of an impact

niners

I thought the 2010 team was worse?

yeah thats why the packers are trying to sign drew brees this offfseason.
just in case rodgers goes down again.
>user doesnt understand cap space issues or the concept of exceeding relative value

wow thats a nice car you got there! what are the monthly payments?
450$
oh yeah? whats insurance like on something like that?
well I pay 350 a month on insurance for it. but if anything happens to it I'll get almost the exact same model. almost.

How is a person this fucking stupid.

Worst Pats defenses in the Belichick era:
1. 2002 (21.6 ppg)
2. 2011 (21.4 ppg)
3. 2005 (21.1 ppg)
4. 2013 (21.1 ppg)
5. 2012 (20.7 ppg)

unsurprisingly, the only year they went to the owl was in 2011, when their offense was historically great.

You're 1-1 against us in the owl. If you drag your sorry asses back to the owl next year we'll settle this for good. Generally speaking though, the better your QB is, the better the Pats defense plays

Huh. Consider me wrong

>ppg

We're talking about one game, not an entire season. And sb 52 was statistically the worst a BB defense has ever played

>refusing to give credit to the man who completely outschemed Bill

>If you drag your sorry asses back to the owl next year we'll settle this for good.
a rematch would be cool. we /nba/ now?
the worst game, yes. that defense wasn't the worst defense the Pats have ever fielded though, which was your original statement. having a historically bad game against an incredibly potent offense doesn't mean the unit themselves were worse than the 2011 or 2013 teams.

>FA:Report: ESPN pursuing Peyton Manning for MNF

I hope this doesn't happen. Manning should be an OC somewhere. I love Romo's commentary, but he's wasting his talent too.

Manning likely doesn't want to coach. His goal is to have an ownership stake and control like Elway

>le go for it on 4th down man

It wasn't about scheme. The only scheme play you faggots ran was an illegal formation. Peterson is just the Brett Farve version of a coach, a stupid hillbilly with nothing to lose

You literally know nothing about football, and didn't watch any Eagles' games this past season. Educate yourself, and then come back and post here.

>81703923
Nice bait

Packers led the league in 4th down attempts

I just want this papa johns faggot to fuck off already. You're retired. Go do something else, I'm tired of your damn forehead.

>week after the superbowl
>barely any eagles gear in public

>2 weeks after superbowl
>suddenly eagles apparel fucking everywhere, and all of it is brand new

Really activates my amygdala

Can I ask something.

Would it be fair to say that Pederson is just as good a Coach as Andy Reid but without the tendency to Choke?

STOP MAKING MONEY AND ENJOYING YOURSELF

>It wasn't about scheme
someone should tell Matt Patricia that, lel

i do find it hilarious how a ton of Pats fans talked up their "bend, don't break" defense the whole time leading up to the game, and as soon as it's over they're back to shittalking the entire unit

That hasn't been my experience.

I see this too, fellow lifelong Philadelphia resident. Here in Central City is all Eagle fans now. Same with Fishing town and Germanytown

Is he the ultimate system babby?

Meanwhile, Yinzers wear black and yellow as if there was a state mandated uniform in a dystopian society.

Nope.

That's not scheme, that's a manlet DB getting beat on a jump ball

Phil Simms.

okay you tell me what it would have taken to retain jimmy the wop on the patriots.
then you tell me if that cost is enough for a player who if all goes well wont see the field at all.
yeah Im really sure that draft pick and money cant be put to better use going for the owl again with brady while the window is still open.
Im the moron here.
jesus christ people like you are why the browns just stay stuck in hell. faggots like you cant appreciate how things work. would have traded for magic beans right? youre a fucking moron.

Yeah how dare their coach exploit a weakness!

Was good without weapons for a year and then next year Got better and better with weapons. What do you think the answer is?

I'm not fucking arguing that they keep Jimmy. I'm arguing your idiotic point that having a good backup QB is redundant and a waste of cap space

you're right, every play the Eagles ran was in fact improvisation. no scheme here, folks.

just want to ask, what do you think "scheme" means?

You mad that he’s clearly replaced Tom as the GOAT? You sound mad.

>i do find it hilarious how a ton of Pats fans talked up their "bend, don't break" defense the whole time leading up to the game

I have no fucking idea why those autistic shits ever got it in their head that giving up that many yards doesn't mean shit. Although it didn't really matter in the Superbowl considering it was like a god damn big 12 game, it still affects field position. I know Patricia won two superbowls, but holy shit has NE's defense been painful to watch for like 8 or 9 years now. I'm glad he's fucking gone. Still, it leaves next year as a massive crapshoot on defense. I honestly don't know what to expect.

Draft probably isn't going to mean shit for >us

Beli usually drafts relatively mediocre on defense anyways.

I'm just tired of every commercial break having Peyton in it.

Nobody cares about Jimmy G. The patriots should be dissolved when Brady retires and I'm done watching the NFL after that anyway.

huh. and they would have had to franchise tag him right?
so maybe 20 million a year is a steep price to pay for a fucking backup HUH?
like maybe it would be better to deal him and get something out of it that benefits the team maybe?
oh and you can get youre old backup that you trust and already knows the system back in the deal as well HUH?
I GUESS THAT MAKES SENSE HUH.

fucking moron. yeah now youre argument was all about how backup QBs can be valuable.
fucking idiot. keep changing your story. or learn to fucking read maybe you cunt.

losing Hightower was really big, your other linebackers were so fucking bad in coverage and at tackling. doesn't help that Bill traded away Collins for peanuts way back when, and that outside of McCourty your safeties are garbage in coverage.

and yeah it may not have seem like it mattered much when the Pats were answering back on offense, but the Eagles handily won the time of possession game. that final drive to go down the field and score the go-ahead TD took 7 minutes, leaving the Pats only 2 minutes on that final drive, leading to Brady needing to go deep and not taking his checkdown on the play where Graham strips him. it all adds up.

you think Flores is going to take over at DC? or is Bill going to go full 2010 and do without one

How does an idiot like you, who posts dozens of times every fucking day, not know that more than two people can respond?

the eagles defense was exposed ever since the Seattle game. how Atlanta and Minnesota failed to capitalize on that is beyond me

South eastern PA here, I haven't noticed

because faggots like you just shit post. no one backs up their shit. its all false flags and intellectual cowardice.
anons dont know dick about anything. dont have the balls to backup arguments. how the fuck am I to differentiate between random posts responses?
maybe if you wanna argue put your money where your cocksucking mouth is and name fag for a thread so I can shut you down without you faggots copping out like always.

the Eagles defense averaged about 15 points a game allowed on the season at home, which is where they played Atlanta and Minnesota. in fact, the only games all year where the Eagles defense gave up more than 10 points at home outside of garbage time (DEN) were two divisional games, NYG and WAS.

>you think Flores is going to take over at DC? or is Bill going to go full 2010 and do without one

Although everything I've read points to Flores, I feel like Bill is going to go 2010 mode for some reason. At least Hightower will be back, as will Edelman.

Only reason why I don't want to Butler to leave is because he at least knows how to tackle. For someone who talks about >muh fundametuls so much the linebackers and secondary couldn't make a tackle or just wrap the fuck up to save their lives.

Christ you are the Angriest retard I've ever seen

or did you just walk into the middle of an argument to insert yourself without any fucking concept of what precipitated it.
entire argument is about the value of the niners/pats trade and the potential for both teams involved and the draft capital that can be applied.
>ha ur stupid a back QB is really good to have!
without any fucking weight of what that would have implied for the actual team involved to keep jimmy.
youre like a child that wanders into a theatre and wonders whats going on in the movie.
Shut the fuck up, youre out of your element.

It doesn't fucking matter. The patriots aren't going to be good again ever. They haven't been good as a team since the Seattle superbowl. Brady will have to throw 50 times a game just to keep it close while a bunch of bargain bin shitters give up yards and points by the dozen

I don't even want to watch the Pats when Brady isn't on the field. It's a fucking train wreck

I feel like the eagles are like the Panthers when they went to the Superbowl. No body is scared of them the next year, even with wentz I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the playoffs.

Eagles, who win it again.

DA BEARS

noticed that, yeah. it was especially bad with Butler's backups (should Jordan Richards really be in the NFL?) but really it was bad across the board. genuinely really shocking to see the Patriots playing that badly fundamentally.
>I don't even want to watch the Pats when Brady isn't on the field. It's a fucking train wreck
maybe ya should have kept Jimmy G. post-Brady era gonna be ROUGH

Giggles, again

Except, you know, they actually won.

I'm a Brady fan, not a slobbering retard patriots fan

Yes I am aware, but, you know, that's not the point of the post

That's okay. Not respecting the Eagles will only make their fans more insufferable

Nate solder doesn't get his due

HE HAS NO KNEES U DIP

>averaged 1 int per game

>fleeced the niners for 1 (one) second round pick
Lol

>he got a fucking 2nd for him
the Browns would have given more, hell the P*ts could have the #1 over all pick right now

holy shit what a faggot

>worst girl won
this shit shook my faith in anime

i don't even know what anime that is its just a great reaction pic

>Anime
This is a high-test general, low-test weebs need to leave

holy shit lel

breh, football has been part of him for most of his life, you really expect him to just completely drop it and disappear? what's he going to do? take up horticulture and try to produce the perfect rose bush?

but that's not tim brody

god damn that was such a nice run
great blocking, nice cut up field, getting 15 yards down field before any of the pats even touched him
wish my team could still do that, was pretty much perfect