How come teen films only have completely uninteresting protagonists?

how come teen films only have completely uninteresting protagonists?

do adolescents only enjoy seeing their main characters excel at being abundantly average?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lN17c2v2Vgk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't see why he felt guilt. She had it coming.

>uninteresting protagonists in teen movies
hmm really makes you think

hmm really jogs your noggin

The main draw of these films is to get the audience to relate to the characters, so it's unreasonable to expect a movie revolving around prom kings and queens. However it's a fine line between bland and relatable and not all movies get this right.

best girl

For the target demographic to project onto.

I really enjoyed this series at first until it became pure propaganda. Muh jock rapist. Muh school counsellor who implied she might be to blame. Muh forced to kill herself because the world didn't believe her immediately and without evidence.

Seriously, have I just been on Sup Forums too long or did anyone else pick up on the same thing? Does this shit ever actually happen like that in the real world? Just felt like pure feminist bullshit.

how the hell was this feminist bullshit. yeah i think you need to get off Sup Forums

what happens in the real world is a girl says shes raped and everyone believes her immediately

I guess it feels like the author/director want people to walk away from watching this and think "Wow that was so terrible for her, if I ever hear that a girl has been raped then I'll believe it automatically and without question, she needs that support or she'll kill herself".

That, in my opinion, is a very dangerous mindset. I've personally know of two rape accusations that were later found to be completely false (one of which happened to a good friend from school - he lost loads of friends and became depressed). You might think I'm lying (I'm not) but it's happened in high profile rape cases too - check out Emma Sulkowicz or the Rolling Stone's false rape story. I'm not saying it's not a really terrible thing if a girl is raped - someone who comes forward should be given all the support she can to pursue the legal means against her attacker. But false accusations ruin lives and cause suicides too. The counsellor actually handled it in the right sort of way (although obviously he was presented as an incompetent idiot who contributed to her suicide). Any other approach and it just becomes mob justice.

>hmm really makes you think
That meme is catching like fire

>The counsellor actually handled it in the right sort of way
This.
Also, the fact that she was able to reject Clay but couldn't say "no" to Bryce seems to fucking stupid to suspend my disbelief.

>do adolescents only enjoy seeing their main characters excel at being abundantly average?

Because liberals and women are threatened by any above average white males. They need to dumb him down as to not trigger the feminists & sjws.

Because uninteresting and bland characters make for good self inserts.

The Clay storyline was another one that pissed me off, I may have misunderstood but it felt like we were meant to agree that he should have done more? That he was meant to stay as Hannah's emotional tampon even after she'd pretty much told him to fuck off? Hannah seemed very self-obsessed to me, Clay wasn't really to blame at all.

There was a time where teen movies had a certain amount of flair and acted as wish fulfillment by proxy.

delet this

All writers are of middle class or higher background. They have never struggled for anything and therefore their goals and desires are rather shallow.

We need more working class protagonists.

why is every teenage MC a fucking beta shit ?

screenplays and books are often written by people that were..."alternative" in high school and their formative years, you know; losers, rebels, nerds and hipsters.

Thats why every teenage movie from 1999-2006 had that american pie "follow som losers that want to get laid" thing going. And this trend still stand still pretty strong.

Richard linklater is pretty much the only guy that makes teens movies that were cool and a jock in hs and college himself, so check out dazed and confused and everybody wants some!!! especially the latter is a great portrayel of "ze cool kids"

Hannah is my new waifu.

Post nudes, please.

because most teenagers haven't had the time to develop exceptional skills or unique personalities?
some kids are somewhat smarter and some are better at sports
some are quiet and serious and some are loud and it
that's basically as far as uniqueness goes in high schools and that's shown in most teen movies/shows

you can shill this crap all you want i'm never watching it

Agreed desu, think I'd have given this shit up after ep 1 if she wasn't so pretty. Looks very similar to Natalie Portman.

Not only he is uninteresting, he's also the dullest main character from one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

95% of people who are talking about this show here are female.

What annoyed me in the show is that she acts like she was victim blamed and she very blatantly wasn't.

Everyone she tells (I'm including the tapes) believes her, and she refuses to give the counselor any information he could use to call the police or do literally anything, and when he tells her there's nothing he can do without a name or described action she acts like she was victim blamed.

She didn't say the word "no" to Bryce but she tried to get away and physically resisted, and he held her down and raped her.
Did we watch different shows?
Everyone on Sup Forums acts like they had consensual sex which she later pretended was rape, but he very much bent her over the hottub edge, held her there when she tried to fight, forcibly stripped her underwear off, and raped her.

Not saying the word "no" doesn't make her fighting obsolete; if it did then deaf people who couldn't speak would be unable to be raped because they can't say no.

Wrong thread, user

Am I the only one...?

How come he didn't just beat up the spic until he told him what tape he was on?

I liked this show desu

It had a fair amount of flaws and boring parts but IMO the last few episodes make up for it.

Maybe I only like it because some scenes made me feel things. I haven't talked to a girl in months, too busy sorting myself out.

I want to watch it again but I'm afraid it'll ruin it

That is because it ripped off star wars where Luke was a bland protagonist.

Excuse me?

Then the news comes out that she lied and the dude was innocent.

yea like 4 years later

He die like a beta.

Because the "protagonists" are just a lens for the audience.

he had big brothers that would probably decapitate clay like in that video

So when the counsellor asked her if she said no, why not just say "No I didn't say that exact word, but I physically resisted and there was no way that he could have thought I consented from my actions". At which point the counsellor has heard enough to know that this is serious enough to escalate to the level of the police.

basic bitch can't handle bantz, kills herself, blames everyone via tape.

I somehow made it through 4 episodes

Not to mention they are mostly Jews, who see themselves as the outsider always and everywhere.

>camus
>even remotely close to the genious of dostoevsky
>pick one
underage plebbit detected

hollywood is ran by jews what would you expect
youtube.com/watch?v=lN17c2v2Vgk
marlon brando call them

I can't feel sorry for Hannah. She's very manipulative to people that, really, didn't do anything that awful to her.

Who is best girl and why is it Sheri?

Not anymore.

just like my japanese animes

He fucked every girl at his school and their moms/cousins/sisters

was Hannah transitioning FtM and Hannah's suicide a metaphor for gender reassignment surgery? since Hannah is a reflection of Clay in the series poster.

holy shit that is crazy enough to be true theory