Why do american series use models to portray teens?

Something about the portrayal of american teens on tv has been bothering me. 13 reasons why, Riverdal, the actors playing in these shows all ook like they could be models at maerican apparelor something.

What happened to having average normal ugly people being part of a cast? How do you want me to believe that a character has been bullyed, is a virgin, hated by everyone, na na na, when the actress playing the role is a fucking 10/10 abercrombie and fitch model?

This is where British are better than americans at portraing their youth, look at skins, the cast is full of betas and uggos. Because this is how life works.

sex sells, more news at 11

Because people don't want to look at ugly people.
Are you stupid?

Cole Sprouse is hot. I really want him to be my boyfriend, but I doubt it will ever happen.

why does it work in the UK then? Average looking actors makes the audience feel more attached

united kingdom? more like ugly kingdom

These threads are infested with faggots and bitches.

nah the hotness thing isn't an issue, of course they would select for that. The real bizarre thing in american shows is how 25 year old men regularly are cast for like 16 year old guys, and it's completely immersion breaking. Even chad 16 year olds don't look like these guys, it's just bizarre.

Is this what cheerleading is in America?

How is it that this '''''''show''''''' has the worst ratings and worse critical response and its downright horrible shit but got a second season?

The only good thing was the hot redheaded bitch but she got ruined by the Chad.

That entire sequence made zero sense.

>why does it work in the UK then?
You do realize that nothing is different there right? They literally consider THIS an 11/10. We just have higher standards.

Because no one wants to see an uggo like you, OP.

>13 reasons why

the main character is a goofy looking dweeb

So?

Would ugly people be able to pull off a scandalous tone?

Is this show any good? I just saw the trailer for it and it looks like way over the top high school soap opera drama.

Because Netflix have the worldwide distribution rights and a ton of people are watching it on there

fuck me, that's another thing I was thinking about. Thirty years old actors playing high schoolers, ISA really is some dumb country

Compared to older dramas like The O.C. and One Tree Hill, the cast of Riverdale actually look like attractive people that you would know in real life

good god please dont post any more of that

People like attractive people.

You are a guy aren't you?

Riverdale is a melodrama. It's not supposed to be realistic.

Its kind of an interesting twist on the revenge genre of movies but nothing special

This, even iZombie got on the netflix bandwagon. No one stays up to watch these thing at a specific time anymore and or bothers to DVR because they can't cut out the ads

who was ugly on skins?

they all seemed average or above desu.

Because the UK is the land of socially stratified plebs. No one there dreams than rising about their class and most people stay in the same professions and socioeconomic backgrounds as their parents

Literally all the dudes post Gen1

Yes I am.

Because there are a fuck ton a laws and restrictions when it comes to filming with minors, the reason for the Olsen and Sprouse Twins was to get around having an underage actor trying to make the shooting schedule by having two people play the same role

o-oh im extremely ugly so they just seemed average to me. Except all the girls thought freddie was hot. Didnt realize there was a third gen untill now

UK attitude: "its ok to be an ugly chav because the government is going to pay for all my bad choices so why get better"

USA attitude: "even though I might be fat and ugly I can get better by exercising, learning to be more outgoing and rise above my poor roots"

are you making these?

Can do make a better one of Ronnie with glasses?