All these star wars threads

>all these star wars threads
>no threads about the Star Wars of the 21st century, the new era of sci-fi, Planet of the motherfucking Apes
>especially now where a sequel is up, all sequels in 3 year intervals just like SW

I just rewatched Rise and Dawn. Holy shit, are those the best movies of the decade?

They have some powerful moments in them thats for sure. In rise when he says No is great. and dawn is just full of awesome imagery.

>dawn is just full of awesome imagery

yup

but the script is great too, with simple yet not common-in-movies messages

Dawn was predictable as fuck, average blockbuster.. one of the best movies of the decade? Fuck no

>Dawn was predictable as fuck

and that makes it bad why?

>Dawn was predictable as fuck

Fuck off, Quasimodo

What's bad about cliched scenes and boring characters? Gee I don't know

you said predictable, so I understood that you meant the plot.
It all works and ties together with an already existing saga, meant to convey social messages since its inception, which actually brings more authenticity to it as a sci-fi movie/conception.
And all movies have a reference to a previous movie. The essential thing is that Rise did it well, it was a good movie that stirred emotions and resonated with the viewer, that's why it was a success.

It was okay, it was just too average. I definitely disagree with it being one of the best films of the decade, even if you just count sci-fi films.

Standards shouldn't be that low, I just can't give the film much credit when its so by the book and standard.

but don't you sometimes need a movie to be straight to the point? A strong message delivered with no frills and a high concept?

So is War going to be apeshit or monkino?

>monkino

what

Damn. I can't believe it's been three years already.

I don't think it has a strong message, humans will always be dicks? Eh, its just not that impressive to me.

I get no more from this films concept than I do from the original planet of the apes, I don't feel its a film that contains a lot of heavy themes. It all just feels like an excuse for chimp action

>It all just feels like an excuse for chimp action

oh, so there you go. Why don't you save yourself and this thread from all the excuses and just come out with what you really don't like about the movie?
Either you 're a racist or you genuinely don't get the movie, in which case you 're stupid.

Can't tell if you're joking or not, but if you aren't god damn you're a fucking idiot

There is nothing to get about the movie, and you look an idiot holding this as the standard for a smart film. Everything from the plot to the stupid fucking title is shit about this film.

how can one post be so wrong?

I don't know, maybe explain why it is wrong first before we decide that

what would those who we have and treat as inferior do, once they got an opportunity to expose how they feel about the situation?
Not to mention the original book's message.

This isn't the book is it you fucking moron, and just because a film is about what oppressed beings would do doesn't make it a good film.

Great arguments there

Being this passionate about apeshit. Nice dubs by the way.

Three consecutive dubs. What does this mean?

It means one of us can't go on living

Oh fuk

I liked rise of the planet of the apes by the way

Thought it was good

Not the user you were replying to but have you really been hypnotized by Disney for so long that this is what counts as one of the best movies of the decade for you? I liked the movie a lot, way more than other blockbuster CGI action fests in theaters recently. That being said I can still acknowledge that many elements of the film, mainly the human characters and the themes, are incredibly generic. The scripts are tight, the effects are genuinely fascinating to see on screen (seeing dawn in theaters was the last time I was legitimately amazed by a movie's special effects, I honestly could not tell that the orangutan was CGI half the time it was on screen), plus Caesar and the rest of the ape characters are interesting enough on their own that the movies are still worth watching, at least over Marvel Cineverseā„¢ Issue #17. But at the end of the day I could get almost the same experience watching these movies that I would watching an above average episode of star trek, minutes the cool effects. The fact that this series is considered a standout among blockbusters today rather than the standard of quality really just shows how dull Hollywood as a whole has become.

>remakes

Same, fellow patrician.

Yes this is exactly what I'm saying, great effects and entertaining enough, but far from a stand out film. Just a by the numbers action film but with monkeys

Not a single Planet of The Apes movie has been remotely good since the first one (which was great).