/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: Hong Sang-soo has 3 films comming out this year edition

I simply think the numerous Malick (and Haneke) knockoffs are all fairly insipid, but that's just my opinion.

Terrence Malick shot an anonymous perfume commercial that went unnoticed until the rumours started floating. You can also take this "Malick or Nature Doc?" quiz at Fandor (fandor.com/keyframe/malick-nature-doc), and there are some shots that are near identical. (I got around 50-60%. Perhaps I'm just a bad Malick fan.)

His influence on modern cinema: Shane Carruth, Trey Edward Shults, the odious Innaritu, and a whole swath of indie films, one which I saw recently which partly sparked this musing, from a Quebec filmmaker (that also somehow won a big award at IFFR). These days, as soon as I start seeing cameras panning up and swiveling with some abstract musing in "poetic" voice-over, I just roll my eyes. Voyage of Time is still one of the most vapid films I've seen in a while, and for some reason I watched The Neon Demon and American Honey. With Song to Song being heavily trashed, well...

As for Haneke, I can only bring up Seidl and Markus Schleinzer, both of whom I've seen films from which I absolutely detest. Maybe you can extend his influence to the Greek New Wave, von Trier, or Vinterberg, but that's probably stretching it.

Anyway, everything I type is just word vomit so don't take me seriously.

Other urls found in this thread:

awardswatch.com/forums/showthread.php?43069-2017-Nicole-Kidman-Film-Festival-Also-Cannes/page10&p=2961307#post2961307
letterboxd.com/weebyjeebys/
letterboxd.com/albion/likes/films/
youtube.com/watch?v=J8itY9v0OOU
discord.gg/nhN4n
letterboxd.com/thepartyoftea/
letterboxd.com/FutureDays/
letterboxd.com/hkssalv/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous thread:

awardswatch.com/forums/showthread.php?43069-2017-Nicole-Kidman-Film-Festival-Also-Cannes/page10&p=2961307#post2961307

so you are now posting posts from other forums?
bravo

I watched night and day and thought it was great, what other fliccs of his should I watch?

letterboxd.com/albion

Who the fuck names themself Slept

Follow me

What's your account name OP?

good night /lbg/ sleep well

machill54

wahoo!!!

heat

bumping this
it's almost 1am, i'm bored and i'm in the mood for some korean kino

emily jean.

Bruce Melvin pls go

it's stylistically designed to be that way

I've only seen Right Now, Wrong Then and Hill of Freedom but both are fantastic. HoF runs something like 60 mins too so that's a plus

I'm down for recs, I feel inadequate with my favourite choices.

letterboxd.com/weebyjeebys/

>Capeshit

Who the FUCK names themself weebyjeebys

I was really debating between a 3 and a 3.5, generally don't care for capeshit, but it was honestly a more visceral experience than any other that I'd seen, helped that the dialogue wasn't the airtight quipfests like Avengers. Impressed me.

Hill of freedom sounds interesting, finna download it right now
letterboxd.com/albion/likes/films/
all kino

Kill yourself

I was just about to ask OP why he's an embryo fagit but then I saw You people have no shame

>drive
>kino

ok guy

Name ONE (1) kino

starship troopers

Showgirls

drive

Name a better producer

Michael Mann

presented without comment

dropout cuck

High comedy from a master of the form.

>The best is the best
Good comment

youtube.com/watch?v=J8itY9v0OOU

wew, bump

>I rate users

Kill yourself

can i have a link to the discord?

discord.gg/nhN4n

can i CUM on the disco

Kill yourself

Should I join this? Bear in mind I have a strong dislike for many of you here.

Make your own decisions fag

no i need u to tell me wat to do

Test

L O W

Why are so many films high test in the 80s

How was The Congress?

Oh man, 10 Cloverfield Lane would be a million times better if it was called something else.

letterboxd.com/thepartyoftea/

Like 11 Cloverfield Lane?

Good morning /lbg/

Who this

What are you watching today friends

I think I'm going to watch the 3 films I have left from the Slovak cinema Blu-ray coffret, and then Story of Sin if I have a chance

;^)

>What are you watching today friends
kino

I'm going to nap then run then watch the rest of the saisons tetralogy or kingdom of hills
that part of the episode was hype

>mfw the canines have infiltrated the human race

what's your account mate

letterboxd.com/albion

I felt like that whole human dog thing was a reference to anubis as that'd tie in heavily to the whole afterlife shite lindelof is shitting out heavily but I don't think he's smart enough to actually use symbolism that isn't hamfisted although that in itself would be too on the nose tbqh

can't wait for the flood and kevin's arc.

Yo, is there any stream around for the theatrical version of the Exorcist? Every link I've found seems to be the Blu-ray version.

magnum force was a surprisingly solid sequel. I may even like it a little more than Dirty Harry.

great show

letterboxd.com/FutureDays/

tfw you think there is simply no way you will watch a better film about competitive fighting this weekend than bloodsport

damn....

wow var du på bio roy i fredags?

Nej, bio rio i stockholm

ah, de körde samma i göteborg

kino show

letterboxd.com/hkssalv/

Why are Letterboxd users so lame, easily offended, and have a prevailing "no fun allowed" attitude? It's like all these reviews were written by my mom.

And they watch so many genre movies that they knew are something they'll hate going into it and then give it a bad review. They'll give a bad review to a martial arts movie because they "hate violence and macho crap", why would they watch a film like that in the first place then?

I swear, they watch films just to get butthurt and offended by content they could have known would be in there by reading the description of the movie.

reminder to follow people that you like and then only look at activity/friends reviews

I know, it just seems silly to me for people do write takedown reviews of movies from genres they know they hate. I get that they're trying something new, but instead of watching the peak of genres they don't care for, it seems like they'll watch some lesser known, middling film that fans of that genre might like but they'll hate because they hate all films of that type.

They should go outside instead of watching movies they have such low expectations for.