So you like filler?

So you like filler?

Everything that isn't the OT is filler or tacked on crap

Is this the most backloaded movie ever?

Going to respond to this bait with an honest opinion:

The biggest failing of the prequels, to me, was how poorly they told the story. There are parts of them I like (the clone wars are a cool concept, plus general "movie stuff" like the score), but as the canonization of how Vader came to be it relied on convenience, ignorant characters, and some generally silly/stupid ideas (midichlorians, virgin birth, etc). I'm not talking specifically about the bad dialogue or acting or CGI - those didn't help, but they're not my biggest gripe. My overall distate for them comes from the fact that they didn't tell the story of Vader in a way that made sense or felt compelling. When I watch them, I wish it happened another away, and I think of how I would have done them.

Rogue one, despite its flaws, doesn't give me a feeling of "regret". I don't think the Star Wars universe is worse because of its existence. Was it a story that needed to be told? Not really. But does it make the world worse? I don't think so, either. I don't watch Rogue One and think "wow, this is completely stupid or unbelievable, they totally fucked up how the Rebels got the plans". You don't have to like Rogue One in any capacity, and even I admit the Prequels definitely had more memorable music and world-building, but if there's one place that Rogue One succeeded where the Prequels didn't it's that it didn't make Star Wars worse.

If that sounds like a low bar, then whatever, but as long as you liked the movie or were entertained by it even a little, then it wasn't a complete waste.

It was better than TFA.

I'd fill Jyn Erso

I thought it was alright, but thinking about it now I couldn't tell you any of the characters names or any planets they went to.

Also, I saw it less than a week ago.

Jyn Erso
Bodhe
Chirrut Inwe and his boyfriend
Cassian Andor

Jedha
Scarif

Without looking anything up. Saw it twice in theaters with the last showing 4 months ago. Haven't seen it since.

Jyn Erso
Saw Guerrara
Galen Erso
Director Krennic
Casien
Chirrut Imwe
Baze
K-2SO

The one I a hard remembering is the cargo driver, because they keep calling him that.
Don't know his name.

There were way too many planets and characters. Needlessly so in both regards. Why was Forest Whitaker in the movie at all? He didn't fucking do anything.

Original trilogy had no clue where it was heading, but at least it stumbled to a somewhat 'ok' ending.

Prequel trilogy had full knowledge of what it needed to establish, but fucked it up every step of the way.

Sequel trilogy knows exactly where it is going, but will basically fuck up the entire original and prequel trilogy to do so.

Yes the end of Rogue One is the best part of it, but it benefits from the rest of the film showing how close they came to fucking it all up, and likewise, how lucky they were to end up transmitting the Death Star plans at all

this filler is unironically better than TFA (which isnt saying much)

This is the a pretty good summary of star wars in general. My biggest gripe with the prequels is that vader and palpatines relationship wasnt fleshed out more.

Wish Lucas had a competent writer instead of himself.

At least the prequels had direction. Besides the last 30 minutes, Rogue One was pure filler. There were so many characters and plot threads that I've completely forgotten and were absolutely unnecessary.
On top of that, it was actually boring, which is inexcusable.

Also, the stormtroopers were shown as more of a joke than the droids in the prequels. At least the droids were mowed down en masse by jedi, these stormtroopers were fucking useless, they couldn't even kill a handful of normal people standing right in front of them. Why would Disney let this happen when this was their only chance to show the empire as a legitimate threat?

One of the best movies of the entire series.

>implying Lucas was ever gonna let anyone else near Star Wars

The only reason why the movies are as good as they are is because they managed to contain Lucas' autism and shitty ideas and that control started slipping around RotJ.

Storm trooper kill count in RO:

>Jyn's mother
>Some of the rebels from Jedha
>The research team
>Jyn's father
>Most of the rebels on beach front on Scarif

Just like the rest of Star Wars, MC's have magical plot armour that allows to never get hit unless it is for story reasons.

>Why would Disney let this happen when this was their only chance to show the empire as a legitimate threat?

Because threatening Stormtroopers might scare the children and the Mouse isn't interested in the story but the money.

That means you have autism.

most things are better than TFA

That is your problem, son.

>Everything that isn't "Star Wars (1977) is filler or tacked on crap

It's the best SW film since Empire Strikes Back.

This.

Why does the word "fill" turn me on so much when discussed in relation to women?

Any good memes from this film?

Dude Vader killed Jar Jar in the special extended director's quadratic deluxe combo special edition. Don't talk shit.

I watched it 3 times in theatres

I am not a star wars fan, even as a kid I was just excited to see the space battles and the jedi fights

in TFA the space battles looked shitty especially in the last act that literally rehashes the death star destruction for the third time in the fucking saga, you have to be fucking braindead to be excited to see that

however, we had amazing space opera

and we had some great action scenes in a town, massive amazing looking destruction done amazingly well that actually reminds you you're witnessing a galactic empire's force and a actual space opera where people on planets are ruled by an intergalactic empire

you even have some depth to the empire andyou witness autocrats fighting for power and influence , instead of cookie cutter villains in costumes, they brought back the best villain from the original series using cgi and actually gave him a role - youre retarded if all you care about is the cgi for him not being 100% undistinguishable from real life-

we got great memorable moments and this is empire strikes back levels of good

I really really LOVED this movie.

Do you guys get paid by the quality of your post? or just per post?

i only remember the star of the show
Bor Gullet
also there's admiral frozen squid which is a shittier admiral than the OT's admiral chilli squid.

You can kind of meet the diversity of this film on its own terms as its obvious the casting was done with a genuine belief in representation among the rebels aka good guys

I mean there were old grandmas flying ywings and shit in the final battle alongside aliens and blacks which I thought was neat

I liked the film overall most of the characters are lacking but Jyn is a fine character if you use context clues. Imagine the fact that she was raised by Saw around violent horny men in the desert for many years thats all the reason you need for why she might be guarded

there are no meme moments because this isnt a shit b movie

there are really funny moments, sad moments, cool as fuck moments, and at the end theres the best vader scene ever, depends what you mean my memes I guess, there was one about rebels shouting HELP USSSSS!

go watch the original series you dumb piece of shit, then call me a shill for saying this scifi war movie is better than 2 of those fairy tales in space movies

the Jedeans didn't deserve to get their sacred mountaintop temple destroyed by the Roma- I mean Empire!

Nevah forget order 66!

Asians and grandma's can barely park a coupe let alone Y-Wing. Walked out there.

>we got great memorable moments and this is empire strikes back levels of good

Actually I'll just call you a shill for seriously typing that out

>call me a shill

Shill

>look at me mom I'm being contrarian without making any arguments because I dont have any!

dipshits

I liked the overall story and presentation but felt that the script could've used more work on dialogue so that the characters come across better.

They just come across as generic stock characters going through the motions.

Apart from Jyn going through a very predictable and barely convincing character arc nobody else gets anything to work with.

Hell, I felt more for that mon calamari admiral who said fuck it and brought his fleet to fuck shit up than any of the other characters in the movie.

Walked out at this part. Unbelievable. Funnily enough everyone had already left just before I. Utter trash.

star wars is for disgusting numale trash

sorry

Yes. It had it flaws, and it had its good moments.
At first I thought it was better than TFA, but now after seeing both movies at least three times, I have to say Im leaning towards TFA now.

for me it was right on there with war movies like dirty dozen or kelly's heroes

you dont get the peoples entire life story, you get to witness some of their personality while they do the mission and die

Better than any prequel or TFA. Of course that isn't saying much.

You already provided the arguments by shilling Star Wars™: Disney Edition™

now youre just hammering home youre too retarded to have a conversation about a movie, dipshit

why do you insist of repeatedly shitting on the floor? let the grownups talk about a movie if youre incapable of doing anything else

>let the grownups

who watch Star Wars

heaven forbid we do anything else other than debate philosophy and critique dostoievski books you imbecile!

>too many planets

Honestly kill yourself.

Sorry for what?

Do you think your opinion matters?

This

This film you can literally see how they filmed it piecemeal. Oh it shows.

heaven forbid you have to take up a real job instead of $0.05 a post

I get double that when triggered kids reply to me

>cargo shorts
Any man who ever wears these unironically should be rounded up and shot.

This movie try to explain the age old question, "Why didn.t they just not have a easy way to destroy the death star in one shot"? The answer is a delibertae flaw was designed in. But now another question?

"Yeah we've put the death star project inb the hands of one guy, he didn't want to do it but we forced him so it's cool. I'm sure there's no need to worry and we can just build anything he designs, he won't want to fuck us over at all "

yeah but those movies not only convery each character's personality much better but also give us a very strong reason why they banded together and how they worked with each other when they did

I find the reasoning for the team to be brought together in R1 quite flimsy
Not only that but because they are a flimsy group of characters the emotional investment when they die is zero. They didn't ascend from random assholes to comrades and heroes through the story.
The robot quips and nobody responds to it, then dies... nobody gives a shit.
Two gay space asians tag along, kind of mumble something that nobody responds to, then die.
The pilot guy kind of turns tarded almost immediately, then mumbles stuff that nobody registers, then dies.

I mean that's pretty fucking weak right there.

There are many cases in the script where characters attempt to initiate banter with each other and the other characters simply don't respond to it, which is peculiar.

>tfw you just find the star wars setting really comfy so the disney jew has their claws gripped on your wallet

i love mads and ben mendelson but it was pretty bad and i wont be seeing any more starshit

The explanation of that is something stupid: No one else understands his designs but him.

So, is he like the last person who can speak Genosian?

in war movies you dont really get any backstory, theyre just people in that situation as part of an opposing force to the enemy, sometimes without them caring about the outcome of the war even to the end of the movie

hell in dirty dozen one of the people in the team turns out to be a psycho and kills some women and some of his own team's members

>main cast comprised only of meme boy, jyn, and space spic
>pilot still a key plot point but he dies after relaying the info so he doesnt have to drag the cast down
>make vaders mustafar scene not shit
>completely remove tarkin from the movie until the end where he orders the death star to fire on krennic
>make krennic not such a little bitch
>give jyn and space spic some fucking character development
>recast forrest whittiker
>either completely cutout the forrest whitiker part of the movie or make the struggle between noble rebels and terrorist rebels a more fleshed out point of conention
>make the vader scene at the end him killing jyn and space spic

Congrats on your self-esteem then

Honestly the film was not so bad, the worst part was producers intentionally leaving so much space for various spinoffs/prequels. This is so blatant, especially in case of Saw Guererra. He is introduced as powerful and well known just to be killed in 15 min. Why the hell you will do it? Obviously to make a prequel movie one day.

But where IS Jar Jar? Did he die? Wasn't he an influential political figure by episode 3?

They already kinda have already done that with Star Wars Rebels where he plays a huge part.