Land of the Lost Remake

What went so wrong with this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ooRai2fr1CA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Land of the Lost was an exceptionally creative show, full of interesting ideas (dimensional portals, time travel, dinosaurs) and the truly scary Sleestak.
The show was basically created by David Gerrold (who wasn't credited) who would later have a profound effect on creating Star Trek: TNG.

It was such a fucking shame they threw away all that creativity on doing a sub-par will ferrel "comedy"

>inb4 dad works at Nintendo
My dad went to highschool and is pretty good friends with Chris Henchy who wrote this one. Never met the guy though

No one saw it and people are still pretending that Will Farwell is funny

How did gerrald have an effect on tng?

He did a book called the "World of Star Trek" in the 80s that basically laid out the template for the show. Away teams, captain staying onboard, children on board. Those were all his.
He worked on the show early on but left when they started bringing old series stuff in (Worf and Klingons, specifically). He also basically created Data.

Will Ferrel fell flat and wasn't funny. He was out of his element.

Too bad because I loved the shit out of that show when I was a lad.

>laugh out loud funny

but Land of the Lost wasn't a comedy

>He did a book called the "World of Star Trek" in the 80s that basically laid out the template for the show. Away teams, captain staying onboard, children on board. Those were all his.
He worked on the show early on but left when they started bringing old series stuff in (Worf and Klingons, specifically). He also basically created Data.

Did he create the Borg?

The theme song was funny because of how cheerful it is.

>Did he create the Borg?
no, he left long before that

What makes the Sleestak scary?

David has made more interesting antagonists than the Sleestak

Like bees!

the hissing sound

also they were played by freakishly tall thin lanklets

this moment probably cemented for me the greatness of Land of the Lost. They're on a mountain and look out with a pair of binoculars.

and see themselves.

show was basically Lost done right

Are they any other shows like Land of the Lost?

not really. it's the only halfway bearable Sid and Marty Croft production.

Only thing else I can think of (children's show that had some above average creativity) is maybe the Gerry Anderson stuff: Thunderbirds etc. But the stories for those were awful. They only had nice miniatures.

It's worth it just for this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=ooRai2fr1CA

only laugh in the whole fucking movie

i saw it in the theater so i know

Adventure Time was inspired by mr pufnstuf

and they're both pieces of shit

also
> mr pufnstuf

Have you read any of his fictional books?

the giant crab scene was pretty funny too.

They fucking killed Big Alice and make Chaca a pervert.

the movie is cringekino. you guys clearly didnt watch it

David Gerrold? No. I did read 'The World of Star Trek" and saw him speak at a convention once.

but his pushing the gay agenda kind of puts me off