What does Sup Forums think of Whiplash?

What does Sup Forums think of Whiplash?

Another hollywood movie about how musicians lives suck and they are tortured and miserable, right? Trailer looked depressing as hell.

Not quite my tempo.

>trailer

You're an idiot. Stop posting.

But I was right wasn't I?

are you russian or are you dragon?

No.

It's a story about how you can only become THE BEST through hard work

The music aspect is optional, it could've been selling bananas for all its worth

That's a juvenile interpretation.

Thought it was great. A hell of a lot better than La La land.

excellent

increased my drive, motivation, and discipline by at least 5% for a few hours

Would have been better if it was about an instrument that actually adds to the performance

What is it about, genius?

I drunkenly exclaimed to a mixed group
>HEY THERE ARE NO WOMEN IN HIS CLASS! THEY CANT HANDLE THE PRESSURE. LIKE WITH CHEFS!

Obsession, monomania, pressure, recognition.

Obsession and self destruction.

Oh snap

Fuckin' awesome flick. But very dark and dry so i don't think everyone will like it. This movie also made me realize that jazz can be hardcore. Hate that freehand jazz shit or whatever they call it, but a song like Caravan got my foot tapping like a madman.

Thought it was pretty good on the first watch, but I didn't find it re watchable at all. I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

>through hard work

And mental illness. Don't forget that.

he still becomes THE BEST though

so its also about what you are willing to sacrifice to reach your goals

i hate this movie so fucking much

its a #bandmeme full metal jacket and i hope that faggy drummer kid gets his drum sticks stuck up his ass after a rowdy night of """""practicing"""""

Hey how can you tell if the stage is level?
The drool runs outta BOTH sides of the drummer's mouth!

that fag didnt just work hard. this isnt a "hard work works out for you". that bitch was mentally ill, and threw away everything for #bandmemes

overrated shit movie. i can already hear "haha my high school band teacher is EXACTLY like that #bandmemes #marchinstep #flutememes" from everyone thats watched that shit

perfect ending Tbh

I'd watch the shit out of that movie

good

best film of the decade

he didnt become the best though

one solo your ex abusive teacher liked is not the best at all

idiot

idiot

>white people problems - the movie

amazing film. haven't read any replies in this thread but i assume it has your usual underaged faggot contrarians saying it's bad or 'reddit' or whatever

kek, accurate

what other films do this? pic related

I met the drummer who was the real life inspiration for this film. He lives in my area and stopped drumming almost immediately out of highschool, around his first or second year of university.

He didn't want to talk about his training whatsoever, or what it was that stopped him from playing drums- but he did wistfully admit that he has slowly been starting up again, privately, and hopes to play with some local musicians soon- of which I am friends with many, hence the introduction.

>Leaves the scene of an accident
>Faces no legal problems

Decent

Made me believe my penis was .06 inches longer and thicker for the next 5 faps

Kek. Its the small shitposts that matter.

Makes me train really hard for 6 minutes

Do you think you're out of tune?

>star in a successful movie
>your career dies afterwards
lmao

t-thanks f4nt4stic

DISHONEST

dude wtf bro

D R O P P E D
R
O
P