Why does Fast and Furious work but movies like Redline and Need for speed dont?

Why does Fast and Furious work but movies like Redline and Need for speed dont?

If the new FF movie came out as a standalone it'd probably flop just like NFS did. It's just that it's an already established franchise that people have grown up with over the years.

F&F came out during the early 2000s, these were times when movies were dumb as hell but still hits. In the XXX sequel, the POTUS quotes 2pac, for example. Nowadays, in this post-Bourne Identity world (with realistic action in action movies), when shit better have a small budget if it doesn't have a big hollywood star(s) attached or is part of a franchise, shit like this won't fly.

Because F&F is tailor made for minorities and they love it.

Wait, isn't the meth they made in Braking Bad also called Speed?

Don't know about Redline, but I can tell you why NfS did not click with audiences...

Redline was great.

REALLY activates my almonds

>Redline doesn't work
But it does fampai, you just aren't watching the right movie.

i fucking loved NFS
its like only one of the "modern car movies" that actually feels authentic in the driving scenes

It helps that they did as much as possible with practical effects as they could including the helicopter scene.

Idc, I fucking love NFS. Watch it every time it's on

>practical effects

this, I have tons more respect for movies with them instead of CGI like in deadpool, the new Chips movie also has some great practical stunts

Need for Speed was legit carkino

FnF isn't about cars anymore.

yeah, especially that jumping ferrari, or whatever it was, when one of the characters dies

Redline hit every meme in the book

>quippy female who's along for the ride
>Morgan freeman being a meme
>le strong boss womyn
>Bruce Willis visibly not giving a fuck

Fell asleep in theaters desu

I legitemately believe that Need for Speed is the best video game adaption movie there is.
Truest to the source material (The Run) of any others.

Why does Fast and Furious work but Speed Racer doesn't?

This movie is shit, but it introduced me to Imogen Poots, and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

they made a live-action redline too?

Because NFS really wasn't a good movie. Visually it was great but Pinkman is a shitty leading man and it wasn't enough to save it.

Need for speed wasn't any good but God damnit if the car scenes weren't great to watch. I thought it was shot well.

Shame they couldn't make a good movie around them.

Movies called RED ya halfwit.