Mark Hamill disgrees with everything that Disney has done to Luke Skywalker

DISNEY FUCKING BTFO!!
youtube.com/watch?v=vXD0X1_Puyw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2qLXcl5uCK0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're so good at generating controversy,

This has always been true. Hamill wanted Luke to go sith, atleast NOW he kinda gets his wish going grey.

Pretty sure Harrison Ford had the same thing with RoTJ.

the crazy coke addict is dead so now the media shitposting is up to him.

>Hamill wanted Luke to go sith, atleast NOW he kinda gets his wish going grey.
But he said he doesn't like how they are handling his character in episode 8...

I hope he does go Gray and not return to the light side

This is the worse thing Mark Hamill has experienced ever. At least when his friend for decades died he was able to bring hating Trump into the conversation

He wanted Luke to turn to the dark side in RotJ, though.

I know. Would have been so much better

But temporarily or joining Vader against Sheev ??

To me Vader would still kill Sheev and Luke would mourn Vader but he would return to Leia as a Sith and not a Jedi

Luke Skywalker is basically Lucifer, who is totally not Satan. The Star Wars movies are one big Hegelian Dialect.

Let's face it, it's Luke's movie. No one can change that. He'll be Vader on acid.

>Mark Hamill disgrees with everything that Disney has done to Luke Skywalker
Why is this a bad thing?

This

Cokehead is dead and they killed off Solo. Who else are the media going to talk about?

>The monkey?
>The boy with no tits?
>The guy who does the voice of C3PO?
>The ugly indiefilm fag from Girls?
>The guy in the Wookiee outfit who's just happy to have a paying gig?
>The guy who sold the franchise and has nothing to do with it anymore

I wouldn't call Mr. Driver ugly, he has an 'interesting face'.

In one of the SW books, Palpatine reincarnates and Luke Skywalker has a crisis point where he joins the Dark Empire in a scheme against Palpatine.
Perhaps the whole event rubbed off on him, he had a character growth that moved beyond the black/white moral simplicity and he saw a road towards stability and order with this experience as a Dark Side underdog, leading him on a grey path and potentially the dark side as well.

I think Hamill wanted this road precisely.

At least one guy isn't part of this Disney circlejerk of actors and nerds.

I mean, I obviously always like Luke and the OT, but Mark Hammil is one of the most based actors out there.

youtube.com/watch?v=2qLXcl5uCK0

Hamill is absolutely right.

I also hate the arrogance of these new directors. Hamill's been in the mind of Luke for 40 YEARS. Actors whov'e been so invested in their parts deserve serious attention.

WILSONED

Mark Hamill is a treasure

Lukes going to die, saving Rey from his autistic nephew

Luke probably won't even have reunion with Leia before he's killed. Fuck nu-SW.

>Luke and Leia might have witnessed Han's death
That's a good storytelling idea, but it might have shrunk the Galaxy even more.

That's kinda the whole point of SW in general. Luke and Anakin were the morning stars, the bringers of light. Both rebelled against the system to change the mandate of the galaxy, much like Lucifer fought heaven for control.

I thought that the point of the OT was that Luke was restoring the system after Anakin threw it out of whack in the Prequels and that the point of the whole saga was that there is an objectively good way to live embodied by the light side of the force.

This grey shit just seems to me like a bunch of edgelords tipping their fedoras because they were smart enough to once skim-read a paragraph summary of Hegel, or more likely they just played KOTOR 2, which was written by somebody who did that.

Kotor2 is unironically great though.

Probably not even in the top 5 Star Wars vidyakinos.

Damn he's so right.

It's like they're writing the scripts for the fans rather than the characters. They're going to fuck this up.

I dont man it's probably the most kino star wars vidya in my opinion.

The black and white morality of the OT is childish as fuck and the fact that contrarians like you are now pretending it's a GOOD thing to have no 3 dimensional, morally grey characters but everyone is a cartoon cardboard cutout is fucking ridiculous.

It's a shitty clickbait title and people on here actually fall for it.

Retards.

Trump, Trump? Did someone say Trump? Did you hear what Trump recently said/did/didn'tdo?

Daily Reminder that these films are for 12 YEAR OLDS! 12.

Man he seems like he really love the series and his character a lot

They WERE for 12 year olds. Now they are for the adults who watched those movies back when they were 12.

Because changing the Force into another Yin/Yang clone is so much more original. What's wrong with having the bad guys be bad?

>The black and white morality of the OT
You're confusing the individual characters' viewpoints with the larger story they're part of. OT wasn't black and white at all.

That arch was fucking terrible though.

The manchildren who are still mentally 12 you mean

Adults who want to pretend that they are still 12

>DISNEY FUCKING BTFO!!
Everything Disney does is calculated, including this. You're probably a shill, and not even aware of it.

They were for 13 year olds, not 12, 13. Possibly 11, but not 12. You are retarded.

>Luke in ROTJ: I am a jedi, like my father before me

>Luke in TLJ: Lol jk, I am a neutral now, fuck both dark and light side lmaoo

>Why are there complex characters with moral subtlety in my movies, I can only understand 100% evil or 100% good saturday morning cartoon characters REEEEE

>complex characters with moral subtlety
>Star Wars

Hey, where are all my friends? I'm 12. Honest. I want to play with you all.

>actor disagrees with the writers
this has never happened before in the history of cinema. what a stunning and unexpected turn of events.

Well I guess Disney has higher standards than Lucas did.

He has been bitching about Star Wars since the OT.

The Jedi Knight series, TIE Fighter, the old Battlefronts and Pod Racer are all better off the top of my head.

>pshhh... in the real world there ARE no good guys. Try watching some Rick & Morty, christfags.

Is this a Yu Yu Hakusho reference?

I find the idea that a character needs to stay good (harder than it looks) or fall to the dark side more interesting desu

With great power comes great responsability and absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that shit.

They are for eternal manchildren.

Disney shill detected.
Doing a completely 180 degree turns doesn't implicate complex nor moral subtlety

Wait, are you seriously arguing that a 100% evil vs 100% good black and white morality is more realistic than moral grey areas? Just how autistic are you?

wHY DOES HE GIVE SHIT, HE SHOULD BE LUCKY HE IS PLAYING LUKE, WITHOUT HIM HIS CAREER WOULD BE DEAD. I just realise that i forgot to turn off CAPS, too lazy to delete it.

People have a harder time being grey, good or bad than being Good AND Bad alternatively irl

It's not a complete 180 turn, it's just them acknowledging the superior writing of the EU, which has done the whole grey jedi thing since forever. The OT is literally the only Star Wars story that does the whole children cartoon morality. Even the prequels involuntarily introduced a moral complexity to the whole sith vs jedi thing that went right above Lucas' own head.

SW has no business expanding to grey areas because those movies are meant for children.
Luke being a grey Jedi is probably Rian Johnson's idea for fan service. This doesn't implicate good writing or any depth.
Grow the fuck up

He still took the money and did the job, so fuck him.

>"It's time for the Spirit Detectives to end"

>Skywalker has been recruiting his allies by showing them a video tape. A chronicle of man's inhumanity to man. It's called The Star Wars Holiday Special

Now that we know the whole Force Tree rumors are true I'm really curious to see how the public is going to react.

The idea of saying that the light side of the force is feminine and the dark side is masculine seems very risky. You're basically saying that one gender is inherently evil.

I'm sure feminists will eat this up and praise it to high heaven, but I can't imagine that even the most cucked, feminist numale will be happy with this idea.

I honestly believe it will end Star Wars.

Yes it is. It's just an edgy idea that the director wants to adapt for his movies.
Star Wars has been trying to be way too edgy since Empire Strikes Back got enormous attention for being dark

>prequels shit all over jedi.
>fuckheads pretend there is no grey area.
from my point of view you are faggots.

>prequels shit all over jedi
How?

SW has already expanded to grey areas for decades you fucking retard. Also, Disney are the one who decide who these movies are meant for, not you. If they think the childish morality of the OT isn't what they want to go for, then you are the one who has to grow up and stop bitching about it like a little kid.

Now this is brave.

Can't they let the franchise die already? They have to ruin it by forcing diversity down my throat.

Jews man.

>realistic
kys yourself. And Star Wars isn't a story about evil and good people fighting. It's about internal good and evil. Luke isn't an inherently good person and Sheev isn't inherently evil. The 6 movies were about the Skywalkers, beginning with Anakin. Anakin was a good kid who let the worst parts of his personality get the better of him and drive him to do awful things. Then his son Luke comes along and has all of this same stuff inside him but he realizes that it's not what he wants and because of this is able to restore balance to himself, his family and the entire galaxy, and so is Anakin right before he dies. The victory in Return of the Jedi isn't when Anakin throws Sheev into the Death Star's core, it's when he decides to. There was still good in Anakin and he chose to resist the evil inside himself and do the right thing. That's where the conflict is Star Wars was. It was about resisting the worst parts of yourself.

This can kind of work with where they're taking it but I doubt they'll be smart about it. The Jedi taught self-denial and isolation in order to avoid dangerous emotions by simply not feeling passionate about anything at all. That's the allure of the Sith. They aren't just edgelords who want to lord it over cucks who can't shoot lighting out of their fingers, they feel, they can throw their weight behind a cause, they can do stuff other than sit in their holo-chairs and discuss the droid attack on the wookies.

This movie though I'm afraid is just going to go
>duuuuuuddde, they're BOTH bad no good guize in the real world we're mature entertainment now still buy our new action figures though

I love how faggots are now actually complaining that SW is TOO DARK. I swear you fucking contrarian mongoloids are soon going to argue that the new SW movies need a new Jar Jar to lighten up the mood or something.

I have to say he aged quite well. I thought he would be some coke filled old man.

SW has been doing it to be edgy, they want to create another ESB. Disney tries way too hard to adapt this shitty grey moral bullshit to please manchildren like you.

SW ended with OT and Prequels years ago, grow the fuck up. The movies you pay to watch now are try hard edgy movies to please both neckbeards and feminists

You know, for a movie aimed at 12 year old children, you are awfully invested in it and put an awful lot of thought into it.

You are the one that doesn't see that they are trying way too hard to be dark and edgy. Not for the sake of good writing, you fucking mong

Fucking Disney shill need to get the fuck out of here

He is a Disney shill, paid to defend his employer

Jedi are a bunch of cultists indoctrinating little kids, telling them they can never love anyone (big part of why Anakin ends up becoming Vader), and all the way to the top (Yoda, Windu) they are so fucking blind they can't tell Palpatine is a powerful Sith even though they interact with him personally on a daily basis. Then they all get slaughtered by the clone troopers because they can't even detect when someone intends to kill them, even though the rest of the movies any Jedi can do this with ease.

There are other reasons that I can't think of off the top of my head. I haven't watched the prequels in at least 5 years.

> Disney tries way too hard to adapt this shitty grey moral bullshit to please manchildren like you.

But user, I thought SW is aimed at manchildren. Manchildren who loved the OT, which did exactly what you want to see here, the morally immature black vs white stuff.

It's really pointless to argue with people like you because you have no real opinions, everything about you is based on being a contrarian.

I'm not that poster who kept pushing the 12 year olds thing, but I like putting thought into crap. Makes me feel like I'm Armond White or Zizek. Would you like to hear why I sincerely enjoyed Fate of the Furious?

Walt Disney would declare a second Holocaust if he could see what's become of his company.

There is only 2 SW movies: SW and TESB
There was a script called Revenge of the Jedi, but it never became a movie. Instead Lucas went for the toys for kids angle and changed Wookies for fucking Ewoks.

The saga ended on a great cliffhanger that wa snever ruined by a lackluster 3rd movie.

>trying way too hard to be dark and edgy
>literally one line from the teaser trailer

Are you genuinely mentally challenged?

He was lucky to be casted as Luke in the OG, but his career is based around fantastic VA work since then. He did not need to be in this new trilogy at all nor would anyone be able to fill his shoes as Luke.

The real tragedy is that Vader had clearly thought shit through and had a proper vision, he was willing to take down the emperor but Luke rejected his offer. So Luke instead surrenders to the emperor and almost dies, and Vader has to get himself killed to save a guy who doesn't know what to do. It's not the worst possible outcome, but it's pretty bad. Vader is dead and with him whatever wisdom and ambitions he had. Luke is trapped in the old republic/jedi ideology fed to him by Ben and Yoda and with the rebels only looking to restore the republic as it was nothing has been achieved.

>it's lukes movie

I want to believe

You must be really naive.

>but I like putting thought into crap
Today I learned that it's unusual to think about things.

To be fair Luke and Vader post-Sheev mightn't have been that great. Vader wasn't mad but was probably twisted beyond ever really having sound judgement ever again. Episode 4 onwards he seemed to generally be a huge pushy asshole on a never-ending power-trip. At best he'd be like one of those lesser-fascists like Franco or maybe Salazar.

If Luke wanted a reunion, he wouldn't be hiding.

Nigger this isn't mass effect where every option is either altruistic or selfish.

Would it be cool if Star Wars flipped the morally grey issue on its head and made it so that the light side began moving further and further light to the point where it was no longer distingushably good, while the same kind of thing happens to the dark side moving further and further dark until it seemed not strictly just bad and evil? Like what if the morally dark side and the morally light side ironically ended up becoming more morally complex than simply the intermediate grey?

>telling them they can never love anyone
They're were guardians of peace and justice, basically soldiers. You can't be a defender of the entire galaxy if you're going to let personal attachments get in the way. Not once did it say in the OT that they should be allowed to get married.
>they are so fucking blind they can't tell Palpatine is a powerful Sith
That's the difference between Jedi and Sith, you autist. Vader didn't go on about how the darkside was more powerful than Jedi for no reason.
>they can't even detect when someone intends to kill them
That's because it happened in an instant. Most of them detected it but couldn't respond in time.
>even though the rest of the movies any Jedi can do this with ease
Since fucking when? I don't remember Luke knowing that he was walking into a trap or even preventing his hand getting chopped off. Hell, his first plan to get Han back failed.

Eh.
>helping others is bad
>manipulate them instead
Not a good message to send to the viewers.

Vader was pretty egalitarian for an imperialist henchman. When the high ranking imperial officers proved to be useless, Vader punished them and hired aliens and robots. He didn't seem to care much for the empire as an organisation in general, I don't remember how clear the movies were on this but I don't think he was even part of the official hierarchy, he was the emperor's direct representative after all. I wouldn't say that Vader really 'enjoyed' power the way Palpatine did.

But... real life IS like that. We usually choose the selfihg potion as an individual and as a species though.

I guess he has Star Wars to thank for un-JUSTing him

what ducking world do you live in where everything is black and white? Is invading a country for oil to secure resources for its people bad or good if the foreign occupants are harmed?

He might not get off on abusing power for its own sake but he still seems to be a self-centered and unstable person. More than anything else the Jedi seem to be about stability.