/who/ - Doctor Who General

Eternally moist edition

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/peter capaldi/order/asc/
strawpoll.me/12765168
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1104727/Doctor-Who-Unknown-actor-Matt-Smith-26-announced-David-Tennants-replacement.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pupOtXbzgiI
telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/kris-marshall-doctor-fans-react-rumoured-casting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Has anyone ever actually sat in these chairs in an episode of the show?

Holy shit, it's like they turned Sue Perkins into a teenager.

i think someone did or someone's head did in the christmas special with river

Valeyard is in the Vault
Omega is in the Vault
The new Doctor is in the Vault

One of these will be right

>What? What? WHAT.
what did RTD like about this?

>didn't see that post last thread
>still immediately knew who you were talking about
holy shit it is

The very first shot in that interior is 11 sitting in that chair.

>Omega is in the Vault
The same year as K9: Timequake?

Kris Marshall is definitely the doctor, lads.

12 in Listen and Death in Heaven.

>This whole series was buildup to K9 Timequake

Fuck me that intro is awful. She's visibly struggling not to laugh at her shitty joke, probably why she has to speak at 5 thousand words per second, had to watch 5 times just to understand what she was saying

Any of these count as correct prediction?
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/peter capaldi/order/asc/

Kris Marshall is 13. He was on set a few weeks back.

Yep, episode 12 ends with

>TO BE CONTINUED
>IN K9 TIMEQUAKE
>IN THEATERS THIS NOVEMBER

It only counts if someone claimed it to be true with authority
"wouldn't it be nice/funny if" doesn't count

there was a lot of speculations back then, there's always been tons of rumors when a new doctor is being planned with a bunch of names floating around, it doesn't count

I want Hayley Atwell to be the Doctor so much :/

Back to gallifrey base

Well, with all that evidence, how could anyone possibly doubt you?

the doctor will never ever be female

So does my dick, but going by that we're in trouble, because my dick never gets what it wants

He wasn't wrong

>ywn experience the shy, early dating phase and subsequent wholesome relationship with heather
what's the point

What did this look like to the exterior? The amount of the titanic visible is greater than the total height of the police box

People I'd be super psyched to see as the Doctor:

Tilda Swinton
Paterson Joseph
Hayley Atwell
Richard Carlyle
Alexander Siddig

People I'd be happy with:

Ben Wishaw
Cyril Nri
Natalie Dormer
Olivia Coleman
Phoebe Waller-Bridge

People I'd be disappointed by:

Kris Marshall
Sophie Okonedo

>Richard Carlyle

I assume you mean Robert, in which case I very much agree

I'm assuming you meant Robert Carlyle?

Post yfw they not only announce Kris Marshall as 13 today but announce he will be doing an Irish accent too.

>Natalie dormer
Fuck off

Yeah my bad lads, definitely meant Robert. He'd be great.

So, it's thrue that there will be a big announcement today, or is this just doggy lie shit?

One user had photos claiming it but it's probably bullshit.

It's coming at 3pm. Apparently RTD was onset for a McGann minisode.

it all came true

hey /who/ i just found out ive been raising another man's child for two years

/whatdo/?

cheer me up

I'm more excited about a male companion than a female doctor desu
The female doctor would inevitably be the dominant authority figure just like the male doctors, which means the male companion would have to be the vulnerable one. For optics reasons it'd mean they wouldn't cast a male who's overly muscular or chad-like, meaning a twink companion is very likely once we get a female doctor. I doubt the BBC would be okay making a tardis team all-female because they'd be aware that the 'one male one female minimum' formula is necessary to allow the audience to project themselves onto a character, keeping them emotionally invested

t. gallifrey base

do you live the child?

Yfw Hayley Atwell Doctor and Ben Whishaw companion?

capaldi being the 12th doctor was the greatest shit ever all those female tears crying about how they wanted someone young and handsome and all they got was some old fart

I agree with most of your choices, but I'd put Olivia Colman above most of them, and also Dylan Moran, who isn't even on your list.

Also, I'd be disappointed by Phoebe—I love her, but I can't see her as the Doctor.

Also, since Andrew Buchan is still a plausible candidate, I'd put him in an even lower category than Kris and Sophie.

Most of the other plausible candidates you didn't list are in the "happy" category, but David Harewood borders on disappointed.

(Of course "plausible candidates" is nonsense to start with, given that neither Capaldi nor Smith were plausible candidates until they suddenly had the job…)

IT'S hopefully later REAL!

>olivia coleman
would be a terrible, terrible choice

I'm not sure they'd cast someone nerdy, part of the companion's role is to ask questions and it'd feel a bit like they're just inserting a stereotypical nerd fan into the show

Luke companion never.

Sup Rory

I meant to put Phoebe in the 3rd category desu. I'd also put Buchan there. Like his performance in Broadchurch, but think he'd be terrible for the Doctor role.

Harewood...not sure. I've enjoyed him before, but I don't feel like he'd be able to rise above poor scripts the way the best Doctors need to.

>(Of course "plausible candidates" is nonsense to start with, given that neither Capaldi nor Smith were plausible candidates until they suddenly had the job…)

100%.

she just looks like a woman in that photo
there's no presence or gravitas like the original photos of matt or capaldi
what was the first photo we got of tennant when he was cast?

I think Ben Whishaw would be great as part of a 2-companion team. Not sure he'd be as good as a solo companion, but I'm not sure why.

strawpoll.me/12765168
strawpoll.me/12765168
strawpoll.me/12765168

The first photo we got of matt was terrible. it's not until the costume photo people get hype from visuals.

I would like a beautiful, Amelia Earhart-like Doctor.

That sucks, user.

Do you love the child? Then that's all that matters, concerning the child. If the child sees you as the father, then try not to let the biology get in the way of your emotional relationship.

That being said, it makes sense to be angry, humiliated, afraid, and embarassed. You might even want to see a therapist about these emotions, because it's gonna be complex. You might even feel angry at the child. Try to not take it out on the kid.

Now concerning the SO, stay calm. Be an adult. Avoid being immature.

fake

I think it's because he looks too smart to be vulnerable enough to be the sole companion

I remember when everybody thought Matt was gonna be a brooding, Edward Cullen Doctor based on that picture.

>yes
>yes
>i fucking hate women the doctor is a man

I don't think his child is a TARDIS, user.

kek, yep. 12's first picture really played up the Pertwee angle when his actual era has been something pretty unique.

It's edgy as fuck but he still has a presence in the photo that makes him look like a character rather than just matt smith

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1104727/Doctor-Who-Unknown-actor-Matt-Smith-26-announced-David-Tennants-replacement.html
>unknown actor
>tfw now matt's done with doctor who he's back to being unknown

couldn't they have picked someone that didn't look like a potato

I, too, hope it's real.

The middle option is neutral, meaning while you don't care about it you still wouldn't be bothered by it

post yfw we get the first sontaran doctor

>reeeee why isnt it a paki or a roastie

13? looks like Clara in that pic. Seems fitting!
As 12 & 11 loved her.

He's playing the companion, not the Doctor, I reckon. His comic chops are good but he lacks gravitas...too reactive anyways. Honestly reckon we're getting a young-ish woman Doctor (Atwell, Dormer, McClure, etc) and Kris for the companion.

The color of his clothes fuse with the rest of the background.

>believing that shit story

what, just saying he looks like he has some kind of birth defect
i'd rather have another old doctor

it's on purpose
there's a reason his face is pale white and his clothes are all black

Literally who?

Did people dislike this photo? I remember seeing it and thinking he was going to be the coolest doctor. I really like the way the TARDIS is hidden behind the wall.

people only liked him because of his good looks

The potato speculation seems to be heating up

/who/ makes fun of that picture for looking like tryhard twilight

youtube.com/watch?v=pupOtXbzgiI

>he says whilst posting the most unknown actor in history

He looks like Mr Punch's diseased ballbag.

Kris is 44, if he is the Doctor he'll be older than half the other actors when they took up the part

the photo is clearly female bait

>Harewood...not sure. I've enjoyed him before, but I don't feel like he'd be able to rise above poor scripts the way the best Doctors need to.
Exactly. Watch the early episodes of Supergirl before his big secret is revealed so he basically has no character yet, and that's what he'd be like with poor scripts.

>I think it's because he looks too smart to be vulnerable enough to be the sole companion
He didn't look that smart as Pingu, though…

But I see what you mean.

>Honestly reckon we're getting a young-ish woman Doctor (Atwell
I don't think the mainstream audience will consider a woman in her late 30s "youngish".

(But then I don't think that's a problem, either. They will consider her talented, and appropriate for the part, and hot…)

I liked him because of his hair
then he cut it after half a series

>the one constantly referred to as a foot
>liked for his good looks
11 is my favourite but lets not pretend that's why he was liked

i want someone that's aesthetically old

but you just had that, user
they can't do that twice in a row

It's Vicky McClure.

t: sky news user, just been told in a meeting. See you all down the bookies on a break.

yeah I know, I just thought it was an interesting point. He doesn't look that old, I thought he was in his 30's

women were obsessed with him

The only new article there is the one from the Telegraph, which says:
>Yesterday, after an unconfirmed rumour that Marshall had been cast in Doctor Who hit the internet – the original source seems to have been a Daily Mirror article, quoted online in the Daily Star – a number of fans of the BBC series took to Twitter to share their wrath (for "wrath", read "mild disappointment").

telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/kris-marshall-doctor-fans-react-rumoured-casting/

So, yeah.

Hi guys

post a new screenshot of something private we don't have access to
otherwise we have no reason to believe you're not just a fake memeing

>but you just had that, user
yes and it was fucking great

>no one wants Marshall

It's over, Chibnall is finished.

prove your sky news user