Le puts all their effort into an obscure sport to be GOAT at because they can't win in anything else country

>le puts all their effort into an obscure sport to be GOAT at because they can't win in anything else country

why don't more countries do something like what the Netherlands do with speed skating?

China does it with ping pong

You mean like the US with football, baseball, and basketball?

Basketball is popular over the world. Baseball is popular in Latin American, Japan and Korea.

I really hate that faggot sport and I can't stand people celebrating those medals when no other countries are even competing for them.

Having said that, we're pretty good at swimming, football, field hockey, cycling, and more so fuck off

i forget. how many World Cups does the Netherlands have?

This.

Kenya in long distance running.

(can't wait for pétanque being olympic sport)

Also badminton.
Take a look at the medal table and weep. Denmark is one of the few Western nations that even bothers to compete.

>basketball
popular only among nogs and slavs
>baseball
el deporte de la criatura

Same as Portugal, another fantastic footballing country that produced many great players despite its modest size

Axelsen- Kidambi final in 2020.

the UK did it, put all their sports funding into winning "easy" medals

USA does it with baseball, basketball, american football, swimming, gymnastics and women's athletics.

We've had the best medal haul in multiple sports for the past two Olympics
>cycling
>rowing
>triathlon
>sailing
>skeleton
>golf (tied with South Korea)
>hockey (tied with Argentina)

only american football qualifies as "obscure"

and the US usually gets good competition from West Indies countries in women's athletics and from China and Russia in gymnastics

The Netherlands gets competition from Japan and South Korea in speed skating.

At least they have one sport they dominate. We have 0.

i'm not hating, every country does it, but your sports funding is geared towards medals in a crass way
especially in cycling they even went so far to poach coaching and infrastructure from the competing countries

>le put no effort into sport despite a population of nearly 1.4 billion country

nice flag tho tbqhwy

No-one gets upset about Germany dominating luge, I don't see why people need to be upset about GB dominating cycling. If they are "easy medals" then no-one would care that we win so many.

>Nice flag
>Sideways Irish butthole

we're into speed skating because skating has always been part of our culture. the netherlands is flat, has lots of water and gets moderately cold during the winter
that being said, it's not like we're always this dominant. germany, norway, italy, usa, south korea, china and japan are typically really good but all of them (aside from japan and south korea, who keep getting better) have been going through a bad phase these last 10 years which coincided with the era of the literal GOAT, sven kramer

They do, Jamaica pours all it's money into the national track and field teams, Norway pours money into cross-country skiing (total sweep of the podium this year) ect.

Basically you get a good year, win medals, then all those athletes become the trainers of the next crop of athletes as their medal haul brings in sponsorship money, so medals repeat.

It's pathetic. Tallest nation in the world, supposed white "master race" yet their football team is full of blacks and muslims and they suck at basketball.

India is GOAT at Cricket

So I guess our part-time athlete firefighter who won gold four years ago was a pretty big deal after all.

>baseball
>la creatura
why are swedes so obliviously retarded

They've won the prestigious "almost won the world cup" trophy three times you ignorant fuckhead

>"easy" medals

How come nobody else wins them?

because we use up all our drugs in the cycling

Then why do we dominate at all these sports () as well?

literally the best kickboxing country

I would heem u with a single uppercut

Please stop bullying baseball it's a great sport and far superior to our other shit sports played in this country

Our sport is Pétanque. Sadly thailand is slowly starting to cuck us at pétanque

>Baseball is popular in Latin America
lol no, maybe in 2 countries, both communist ironically

If Netherlands put all of their elite speedskating athletes into soccer they would dominate world football tbqh

>golf
>past two olympics

>mexico
>colombia
>communist